Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    Yeah, Mandarin's one of the 4 official languages of Singapore, alongside English, Malay and Tamil. English and Mandarin are the most widely spoken though.

我说中文 means 'I speak Chinese'. If you want to say 'I can speak Chinese' you'll want to say 我会说汉语

Handwriting keyboards are always good, especially for pleco
    What's...

Yes and No :eek:

Is it just 是, 不

我不会说中文

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    What's...

Yes and No :eek:

我不会说中文
    There are no individual words for yes and no in Mandarin. Often, the positive form of the verb is used to indicate yes, whereas the negated form of the verb is used to indicate no. Most verbs are negated with 不 bù, except for 有 you3 which can never be negated with 不, only ever with 没 méi.

中文 is more the written language, so you're best saying 我(不)会说汉语, as 汉语 is more the spoken form of Mandarin

ReputationRep:
    There are no individual words for yes and no in Mandarin. Often, the positive form of the verb is used to indicate yes, whereas the negated form of the verb is used to indicate no. Most verbs are negated with 不 bù, except for 有 you3 which can never be negated with 不, only ever with 没 méi.

中文 is more the written language, so you're best saying 我(不)会说汉语, as 汉语 is more the spoken form of Mandarin
    谢谢

我会学这个 (words)

ReputationRep:
    谢谢

我会学这个 (words)
    我会学这些词 wo3 huì xué zhè xiē cí

ReputationRep:
    我会学这些词 wo3 huì xué zhè xiē cí
    Aaaah!

I understand

I'm getting better right?

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah!

I understand

I'm getting better right?
    Yeah, just keep practising.

I did give you a link for all the measure words, didn't I? Or am I just dreaming?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just keep practising.

I did give you a link for all the measure words, didn't I? Or am I just dreaming?
    You did, although I've not saved it into my Chinese notes folder do you have it at hand?

ReputationRep:
    You did, although I've not saved it into my Chinese notes folder do you have it at hand?
    http://chinesenotes.com/ref_measure_words.htm

ReputationRep:
    谢谢

What's

"If"

There are so many :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    谢谢

What's

"If"

There are so many :cry2:
    There are two main ways of saying if in Mandarin. The more commonly used one is 如果 rúguo3 which means if, or, in the event of. e.g. 你如果要来,请实现告
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.