The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
Yesh.

MUCHAS GRACIAS!
Good luck to you too; I'm sure your firm uni will snap you up like a fortune cookie! :wink: :grin:

Sociology? Quoi?! :rofl:.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sociology? Quoi?! :rofl:.

IT IS WORTH A TRY!!! :fuhrer:
differences between celebration applies even within the west" referring to christmas - how to translate into Chinese?
按照圣诞节 / 那圣诞节来说,连在西方的庆典也有区分 make any sense - (probs not)
A REAL Polyglot Wannabee'
doesn't just list several languages in which they wish to obtain fluency in *rolleyes*
NONONO
We go further, we study, and we take great strides in order to reach our goals.
THAT'S WHAT MAKES US GRAET AS A TSR SOCIETY!
GO POLYGLOTS! :grin:
(edited 10 years ago)
A REAL Polyglot Wannabee'
doesn't just list several languages in which they wish to obtain fluency in *rolleyes*
NONONO
We go further, we study, and we take great strides in order to reach our goals.
THAT'S WHAT MAKES US GRAET AS A TSR SOCIETY!
GO POLYGLOTS! :grin:

Indeed! Although my Dutch has really taken a back seat recently. Really ought to get back to it
Reply 9925
Original post by TheBigJosh
differences between celebration applies even within the west" referring to christmas - how to translate into Chinese?
按照圣诞节 / 那圣诞节来说,连在西方的庆典也有区分 make any sense - (probs not)

就算在西方, 庆祝圣诞节的传统习俗都有很大的差异。'Even in the West, the customs and traditions of celebrating Christmas are greatly varied.' It's the best I can come up with right now.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Привет, как дела товарищи? :tongue:
祝大家春节快乐!Happy Chinese New Year everyone!
Reply 9928
Original post by super_kawaii

祝大家心想事成, 马年进步! May your dreams come true and wishing you all every success in the Year of the Horse! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9929
今年春晚, 你看過沒有? 我看過五分鐘, 不過就聽不懂。要是 我讓中國人看'Mock the Week'或'HIGNFY', TA門也聽不懂?
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah! Went to Shenzhen via Hong Kong today! Never had such a stressful day before in my life! Still got a couple more stamps in my passport though :biggrin:
Reply 9931
Ah! Went to Shenzhen via Hong Kong today! Never had such a stressful day before in my life! Still got a couple more stamps in my passport though :biggrin:

Why was it stressful? Were there a lot of people at the border? Which border customs did you pass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Why was it stressful? Were there a lot of people at the border? Which border customs did you pass?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's always loads of people! Sorry to butt into your conversation but probably Lo Wu? (羅湖)
Reply 9933
Original post by fizzers
There's always loads of people! Sorry to butt into your conversation but probably Lo Wu? (羅湖)

Ah yeah Lo Wu is hell, but the (relatively) new Shenzhen Bay pass is very quick. I only use that one now and it's so quick that I got through within 2 minutes even on Chinese New Year's Eve :eek:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Ah yeah Lo Wu is hell, but the (relatively) new Shenzhen Bay pass is very quick. I only use that one now and it's so quick that I got through within 2 minutes even on Chinese New Year's Eve :eek:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah, really? To be fair I don't really know because I hardly ever go to mainland lol but that's wicked! :tongue:
Original post by AquisM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, is was Lo Wu. It wasn't that there were loads of people-it was quite quiet, it was more that my friend's computer and phone both decided to die on him so we were really stressing that we couldn't get the hotel booking up when we got to Shenzhen. Luckily he managed to get everything fixed though. Transport from the airport to Lo Wu was also ridiculously expensive and it took so long! The metro in Shenzhen also took a fair amount of time. That and lugging a 15kg suitcase around everywhere is no fun at all! When we finally got to the hotel we ordered the biggest McDonalds delivery ever!
Indeed! Although my Dutch has really taken a back seat recently. Really ought to get back to it

Ich habe eine Neuigkeit!
Der Böse Fisch wird dieses Jahr die französische A2 nicht machen! :zomg:

Ooh and Duolingo has released a new 'beta' course: "Engels vanuit Dutch" which is aimed at Dutch speakers learning English...BUT IT IS JUST AS USEFUL FOR LEARNING DUTCH!
Je moet het uitproberen!
Ich habe eine Neuigkeit!
Der Böse Fisch wird dieses Jahr die französische A2 nicht machen! :zomg:

Ooh and Duolingo has released a new 'beta' course: "Engels vanuit Dutch" which is aimed at Dutch speakers learning English...BUT IT IS JUST AS USEFUL FOR LEARNING DUTCH!
Je moet het uitproberen!

Das ist schrecklich! Wie kann er sich ein Polyglot wannabe nennen? :fuhrer:

I'll check it out when I'm back in Nanjing
Das ist schrecklich! Wie kann er sich ein Polyglot wannabe nennen? :fuhrer:

I'll check it out when I'm back in Nanjing

Hahaha
Das kann doch nicht! Er lernt die Sprache schon seit mehr als einem ganzen Jahr!i :wink:

Viel Vergnügen! & Veel plezier! :grin:
Reply 9939
Yeah, is was Lo Wu. It wasn't that there were loads of people-it was quite quiet, it was more that my friend's computer and phone both decided to die on him so we were really stressing that we couldn't get the hotel booking up when we got to Shenzhen. Luckily he managed to get everything fixed though. Transport from the airport to Lo Wu was also ridiculously expensive and it took so long! The metro in Shenzhen also took a fair amount of time. That and lugging a 15kg suitcase around everywhere is no fun at all! When we finally got to the hotel we ordered the biggest McDonalds delivery ever!

Wow sounds like you had a hectic day! :tongue: Hope you're resting now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending