The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by MangoFreak
Oh :mmm: So "jo" doesn't just indicate disagreement? :tongue:

Nope. Though I am sitting here trying to work out what it does indicate and am struggling. :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
Nope. Though I am sitting here trying to work out what it does indicate and am struggling. :tongue:

I imagine that your feelings right now are somewhat similar to my feelings towards the German word "mal". I still have no ****ing idea what that word means as a particle :lol:
I sort of feel like I generally understand mal when I see it, but I don't dare use it. Andererseits verstehe ich aber ,,doch" nicht!
Original post by seyrose
我也真的切盼去大学!我没去过曼彻斯特大学。

我也没去过曼彻斯特 :smile: 我是法国人,就不经常去英国。在英国,我只去过伦敦和牛津。

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I sort of feel like I generally understand mal when I see it, but I don't dare use it. Andererseits verstehe ich aber ,,doch" nicht!

Ich finde "doch" ein bisschen einfacher als "mal" :tongue:

"mal" sollt sich verpissern :colonhash:
No one speak welsh ever again.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No one speak welsh ever again.

:mmm: What happened?
:mmm: What happened?

How the **** do they expect us to write an essay on "Is it important to speak Welsh?"

The irony was my answer was yes, but written with English :colonhash:

I drew lovely pictures though :mmm:

And a sob story.
How the **** do they expect us to write an essay on "Is it important to speak Welsh?"

And a sob story.

What's the Welsh for "That's subjective" :tongue:
What's the Welsh for "That's subjective" :tongue:

:colonhash: don't anger me :lol:

I could genuinely get a U :rofl:
:colonhash: don't anger me :lol:

I could genuinely get a U :rofl:

Eeeey I won't be the worst person on the face of the planet then, only the 2nd worst :five: :ahee:
Eeeey I won't be the worst person on the face of the planet then, only the 2nd worst :five: :ahee:

It's funny because I was writing in welsh (probably wrong gramatically, saying how I love welsh, and if I was taught properly I'd be happy... And I'd know if people were talking about me :mmm:)

Oh, well... Coursework means, I get a C overall at least :awesome:
Reply 1012

And a sob story.

The absolutely most obvious essay question that you could get on the minority and threatened language that is Welsh and you couldn't at least prepare a little bit of an answer on the topic?!
Original post by Ronove
The absolutely most obvious essay question that you could get on the minority and threatened language that is Welsh and you couldn't at least prepare a little bit of an answer on the topic?!

Was I taught anything? No.

So I don't expect to be able to answer that question, I tried answering... Don't know, but I wrote my note at the bottom in English.

Plus not a little bit. There were 3 sides of lines to answer.

Either way, don't know how they expected anyone to answer in Welsh for 20 marks.
Reply 1014
Was I taught anything? No.

So I don't expect to be able to answer that question, I tried answering... Don't know, but I wrote my note at the bottom in English.

Do you mean you have lessons and the teacher never brought up the minority language 'issue' with you to work on? In that case, fair enough. It's normal to trust that your teacher will cover most bases and it sucks ass when you get a nasty surprise.

Plus not a little bit. There were 3 sides of lines to answer.

Either way, don't know how they expected anyone to answer in Welsh for 20 marks.

I understand that it's a tricky question for GCSE. I would struggle at that level as well. I don't know what your abilities are in it but I guess if it had been GCSE Spanish back when I was younger, I might have tried to say stuff about everyone speaking English and it being culturally important. I'd say more but I know I can't keep my higher level vocab out of it (which I would have been unlikely to have at GCSE). At least everyone else should struggle... right?
Original post by Ronove
Do you mean you have lessons and the teacher never brought up the minority language 'issue' with you to work on? In that case, fair enough. It's normal to trust that your teacher will cover most bases and it sucks ass when you get a nasty surprise.

I understand that it's a tricky question for GCSE. I would struggle at that level as well. I don't know what your abilities are in it but I guess if it had been GCSE Spanish back when I was younger, I might have tried to say stuff about everyone speaking English and it being culturally important. I'd say more but I know I can't keep my higher level vocab out of it (which I would have been unlikely to have at GCSE). At least everyone else should struggle... right?

I didn't want a model answer or anything, just grammar covered and vocab, I had to teach myself everything and it was a waste of time.

So, not only did we not learn the topic, we didn't have any tenses or words, which I then taught myself, paid off a little, but vocab was the biggest issue.

I'd be able to answer it in French, but not in Welsh.

In our school, it's safe to say, no one has gotten higher than a B? Because people can copy the reading extracts and get marks, but schools where students are taught won't be affected. Plus those who take first and/or second language welsh have an advantage!

Hopefully, my coursework will bring it all up, I can speak welsh a lot more, spellings and mutations are hard to write though...

Sorry, rant over.
Reply 1016
I didn't want a model answer or anything, just grammar covered and vocab, I had to teach myself everything and it was a waste of time.

So, not only did we not learn the topic, we didn't have any tenses or words, which I then taught myself, paid off a little, but vocab was the biggest issue.

I'd be able to answer it in French, but not in Welsh.

In our school, it's safe to say, no one has gotten higher than a B? Because people can copy the reading extracts and get marks, but schools where students are taught won't be affected. Plus those who take first and/or second language welsh have an advantage!

Hopefully, my coursework will bring it all up, I can speak welsh a lot more, spellings and mutations are hard to write though...

Sorry, rant over.

:console: My highest scoring A-level (by a long way) was the Spanish I did in the space of 6 months (AS and A2). I feel you on the school letting you down thing! For my German A2 writing the three people in my class (incl me) got D, E, U, because the teacher completely missed the mark when she tried to prepare us for a new topic.
Original post by Ronove
:console: My highest scoring A-level (by a long way) was the Spanish I did in the space of 6 months (AS and A2). I feel you on the school letting you down thing! For my German A2 writing the three people in my class (incl me) got D, E, U, because the teacher completely missed the mark when she tried to prepare us for a new topic.

:eek: I was considering self teaching Spanish to a qualification, decided against it :tongue:

It's horrid isn't it. If I fail this now, I'll be angry...
Well, when I get around to learning and taking GCSE Welsh, in approx three years, I'll definitely prepare that topic! *learning from other people's'misfortunes emoticon*

Hast du auf Walisisch geschrieben?
As-tu en gallois écrit?

If yes, then I doubt you got a U for even the exam paper on its own. I managed to get 10 marks out of 35 on a German essay by accident once...

I also got an A overall on GCSE English, despite practically failing the -exam- bit.
The other ones were writing about pictures...

And two hard reading questions, 30 marks each :lol:

I wrote in welsh, I think I've secured a C maybe in the exam?

I used (maybe incorrectly) plu perfect, perfect, imperfect past... Present... Future... Conditional...

But it wasn't all right I know

Latest

Trending

Trending