Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was intentional...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    Huh Are you talking about the 'gut getan' or did I yet make another cook-up??
    Just the gut getan.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my classification changed! Thatitootoo, did you know that was going to happen? Is it determined by number of posts?

Oh dear, how much time do I spend on here? Don't answer that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    Hey, my classification changed! Thatitootoo, did you know that was going to happen? Is it determined by number of posts?

You're doubting his superpowers?! :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    E

:lol:

I AM PSYCHIC!
    Ich bin Klarsehente?
    (Ik ben helderziende!)
    (I am clear-seeing?) vielleicht

ReputationRep:
    *Ich bin Hellseher!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is that "clairvoyant" in German and Dutch?

ReputationRep:
    Is that "clairvoyant" in German and Dutch?
    Yesssss I was actually going for 'psychic' bsut then I changed my mind halfway through

ReputationRep:
    Can you do the other clair- words, like clairaudience? (There are a lot of them!)

ReputationRep:
    Can you do the other clair- words, like clairaudience? (There are a lot of them!)
    Ich habe keine Idee
    #NotInMyVocab

However -tion words nearly always have a -tie equivalent in Dutch ~ tradition = traditie.
    As I'm sure you know, these type of French loan words are commonly shared in most Indo European languages! How do you say 'tradition' in German?

ReputationRep:
    There is clairsemé, which means sparse/dispersed but then I think that's it, no other that I know of !
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I can not decide what worries me more. That I am learning words like Holzhackschnitzel-Anlage* unnecessarily, or that they will actually come up in the exam.
    *wood chip heating system
    Memrise?

ReputationRep:
    Good idea! Apart from English, I'll be using Welsh, French, Spanish ad (possibly) Swedish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    You're doubting his superpowers?! :eek2:
    Yes!

Actually, no, I've decided it would be more profitable to be open-minded and to put Thatitootoo forward for these prizes* and then claim commission.

45% sound fair do you think?
    *http://www.skepdic.com/randi.html

*pound signs in eyes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    Memrise?
    Ja.

(Original post by Bambirina)
    There is clairsemé, which means sparse/dispersed but then I think that's it, no other that I know of !
    Ah, that's a word to refer to something that actually been proven to happen. Things get dispersed all the time. A very useful word, so totally not applicable here. We're looking for ghosty, mysterious clair- words. :iiam:

Ich habe keine Idee
    #NotInMyVocab

However -tion words nearly always have a -tie equivalent in Dutch ~ tradition = traditie.
    As I'm sure you know, these type of French loan words are commonly shared in most Indo European languages! How do you say 'tradition' in German?
    die Tradition, -en.

I have researched* the issue:
    clairaudience (paranormal hearing) = Hellhörigkeit
    clairsentience (paranormal feeling) = not found
    clairalience (paranormal smelling) = not found
    claircognizance (paranormal knowing) = not found
    clairgustance (paranormal tasting) = not found

(One could say that this says something very positive about the German culture. But then one might initiate a huge flame war of Logicians v Spiritualists** so one really, really shouldn't be so inflammatory. This is a nice, friendly thread.:fight:)

*I looked it up on wikipedia

** pick your preferred designation for the parties!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gales)
    Good idea! Apart from English, I'll be using Welsh, French, Spanish ad (possibly) Swedish.
    Croeso! Ojalá mis capacidades en galés no fuesen tan limitadas -.-

ReputationRep:
    Ja.

Ah, that's a word to refer to something that actually been proven to happen. Things get dispersed all the time. A very useful word, so totally not applicable here. We're looking for ghosty, mysterious clair- words. :iiam:

die Tradition, -en.

I have researched* the issue:
    clairaudience (paranormal hearing) = Hellhörigkeit
    clairsentience (paranormal feeling) = not found
    clairalience (paranormal smelling) = not found
    claircognizance (paranormal knowing) = not found
    clairgustance (paranormal tasting) = not found

(One could say that this says something very positive about the German culture. But then one might initiate a huge flame war of Logicians v Spiritualists** so one really, really shouldn't be so inflammatory. This is a nice, friendly thread.:fight:)

*I looked it up on wikipedia

** pick your preferred designation for the parties!
    :zomg: Didn't expect there would be words for those :eek: I thought clairvoyant was pushing it tbh! :->

Hmm are you skeptical of the supernatural, or just my abilities??

When I first moved over here I was fascinated by all the ghost-related TV shows available here...Back then I would actually enjoy watching "most haunted" now I would just be bored to death!

Remember when your partner asked you to explain what a Poltergeist was?

I do...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: Didn't expect there would be words for those :eek: I thought clairvoyant was pushing it tbh! :->

Hmm are you skeptical of the supernatural, or just my abilities??

When I first moved over here I was fascinated by all the ghost-related TV shows available here...Back then I would actually enjoy watching "most haunted" now I would just be bored to death!

Remember when your partner asked you to explain what a Poltergeist was?

I do...:yep:
    In the absolute, I can't know one way or the other what is possible (if I did know, I suppose I'd be demonstrating claircognizance ). I have my suspicions, but those aren't worth much.
    In general, I am highly suspicious of most claims!
    *sie starre Thatittootoo an*
    In the specificity of right now, ich denke, dass du etwas Besonderes ueber 900 oder 901 wusste!

We have a lot of ghost programmes, don't we? Fun to watch. But then, it's all fun and games l̶o̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶, until a terrified viewer gets his or her house exorcised, instead of calling an electrician for the faulty wiring! :ms: Das war nicht mein Mann, sondern der Freund meines Mann!

ReputationRep:
    Hallo Leute! Je parle français, Deutsch, mongol (Mongolian), i ruski (nye mnozhka, et c'est dur to type). Ich habe heute meine letztes Deutschpruefung gemacht, aber ich kann nicht ueber das reden, weil es Edexcel war, und das klar verboten ist.
    J'adore le français et je lis en ce moment 'l'etranger' d'Albert camus (en francais bien sur!). L'annee prochaine, je vais l'etudier pour A-level - j'ai vu Jean de Florette, Manon des Sources, et Au Revoir les Enfants le week-end dernier, et vous devriez les voir aussi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nombo)
    Hallo Leute! Je parle français, Deutsch, mongol (Mongolian), i ruski (nye mnozhka, et c'est dur to type). Ich habe heute meine letztes Deutschpruefung gemacht, aber ich kann nicht ueber das reden, weil es Edexcel war, und das klar verboten ist.
    J'adore le français et je lis en ce moment 'l'etranger' d'Albert camus (en francais bien sur!). L'annee prochaine, je vais l'etudier pour A-level - j'ai vu Jean de Florette, Manon des Sources, et Au Revoir les Enfants le week-end dernier, et vous devriez les voir aussi!
    La semaine dernière ma tante me a donné ce livre.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.