Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2371153

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    LOL over the past 6 months, I've made no/very little progress in German, and I've had all the time in the world tbh..

I could really do with some of the commitment expressed by L'Evil Fish. If you had my time to learn German, I have no doubt that you would be semi-fluent by now, instead of facing the prospect of studying GCSE instead of AS.

Maybe we are just two extremes?? Ich weiß nicht
    Hey, don't feel bad.

Fish once bought a German book, and then came on a thread to ask us if the book he had in front of him had any answers in it! Very committed!

ReputationRep:
    LOL over the past 6 months, I've made no/very little progress in German, and I've had all the time in the world tbh..

I could really do with some of the commitment expressed by L'Evil Fish. If you had my time to learn German, I have no doubt that you would be semi-fluent by now, instead of facing the prospect of studying GCSE instead of AS.

Maybe we are just two extremes?? Ich weiß nicht
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    Hey, don't feel bad.

Fish once bought a German book, and then came on a thread to ask us if the book he had in front of him had any answers in it! Very committed!
    :rofl: this basically.

I don't think I'm smart enough for German yet... I just keep putting it off, don't know why...

Romance languages are a lot eas(ier) not easy... For me, so I prefer those :lol:

Either way, I thought your German was great?:eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    Hey, don't feel bad.

Oh yh :L I forgot about that! But nontheless I think he's displaying an honourable amount of dedicationnnn

ReputationRep:
    Oh yh :L I forgot about that! But nontheless I think he's displaying an honourable amount of dedicationnnn
    Thanks, everyone else seems to think I'm overzealous or trying too hard :lol: oh well... C'est la vie :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I got the Subway job.
    Would: "Alles Gute zur neue(r) Arbeit" make sense xD
    inspired by "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag"

Nonetheless...GEFELICITEERD! and if they have it in Denmark I recommend the equivalences of Chicken Tikka/Big Beef Melt/BMT! :awesome:

Now that I've wrote that, I'm seriously hoping that you're not vegetarian/vegan...lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Thanks, everyone else seems to think I'm overzealous or trying too hard :lol: oh well... C'est la vie :mmm:
    They just don't want you to burn out and become a Bratfisch too soon!
    wooo C'est la vie! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    They just don't want you to burn out and become a Bratfisch too soon!
    wooo C'est la vie! :yep:
    :rofl: je suis sûr que j'arrêterais si je sais que * I'll "burn out"

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: je suis sûr que j'arrêterais si je sais que * I'll "burn out"
    Noooo! You must go easy on all the grammar then!
    I'm now getting a tuna subway, you do not want to end up being in it, do yaa?

ReputationRep:
    Noooo! You must go easy on all the grammar then!
    I'm now getting a tuna subway, you do not want to end up being in it, do yaa?
    Huh? I said I'm sure I'd stop if I know I'll burn out...

:mmm: if you enjoy it, I wouldn't mind

ReputationRep:
    Probably! And in extension, there might also be a link between Maths-Language-Music-Memory
    Well yeah... My music skills haven't been tested tbh, so I wouldn't know... Memory. It depends what it is

ReputationRep:
    Huh? I said I'm sure I'd stop if I know I'll burn out...

:mmm: if you enjoy it, I wouldn't mind
    Ohhh! I skipped the French bit...
    Uhm I got the Big Beef Melt instead, but Merci beaucoup xD

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh! I skipped the French bit...
    Uhm I got the Big Beef Melt instead, but Merci beaucoup xD
    :lol: makes sense :mmm:

I had a steak and cheese meaty one once... It wasn't amazing I must say :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Would: "Alles Gute zur neue(r) Arbeit" make sense xD
    inspired by "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag"

Nonetheless...GEFELICITEERD! and if they have it in Denmark I recommend the equivalences of Chicken Tikka/Big Beef Melt/BMT! :awesome:

Now that I've wrote that, I'm seriously hoping that you're not vegetarian/vegan...lool
    Thanks! And I'm not sure about the German question to be honest. Never heard anyone congratulate someone on getting a job.

I really like Meatball Marinara. I think my mentioning of this on my covering letter may have been the clincher - hahaha.

I think I'll be rotating around the menu a bit when at work or I don't think I'll be able to eat any of it anymore... we can choose a sub or a salad meal, so I guess I'll opt for salad sometimes. There will be no tuna involved in anything though - bleurgh!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! And I'm not sure about the German question to be honest. Never heard anyone congratulate someone on getting a job.

I really like Meatball Marinara. I think my mentioning of this on my covering letter may have been the clincher - hahaha.

I think I'll be rotating around the menu a bit when at work or I don't think I'll be able to eat any of it anymore... we can choose a sub or a salad meal, so I guess I'll opt for salad sometimes. There will be no tuna involved in anything though - bleurgh!
    :O you do get to stay in the country now, that's worth a congrats!
    That one is niceeeee too!! albeot a little bit messy (if you eat it in public) haha I think it's alrite, but just not worth my £5..xP

ReputationRep:
    :O you do get to stay in the country now, that's worth a congrats!
    That one is niceeeee too!! albeot a little bit messy (if you eat it in public) haha I think it's alrite, but just not worth my £5..xP
    What about for free?

ReputationRep:
    What about for free?
    Not an option for meeeeee
    I'm so jel
    omg

ReputationRep:
    Je sais que ce sera * verzwickt * but it'd also be quite a fun way of learning other languages... Nous devrions * quote anyone who is able * hablar * multiple languages

That was:

French * German * English * French * English * Spanish * English

:rofl: no Italian
    I actually understood it Be proud people of TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackDKilroy)
    I actually understood it Be proud people of TSR
    Haha good

Speak any languages then?

ReputationRep:
    So...

Non puedo hablar español pero voy divagar hasta que alguien mi puede con mis errores...!

^ probably a few mistakes there...

Question for Spanish peeps..

When using "that" for sentences like:

I know that...
    He thinks that...

Which word do we use? Thanks

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.