Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So, i do chemistry biology and physics

For my January modules i got 2 Cs and a B and im really not happy because I know I could do a lot better. So, I want to retake the Cs (which were in chemistry and biology) however my teachers are adamant nobody does. I panic a lot and i think that is why i didn't do well. I mean, i even panic about having to study. I want to get As. But my teachers are refusing to let me retake and now im in a panic.

So, I need so advice. I have less that 9 weeks till my retakes and then the the other unit will be a week after. Im fairly behind for the current units as well. Do you think I have time to study for all of them (and get As for all?) Because I know my teachers are also worried about their reputation, not just the fact i might do worse, which would be bad for me. Also, how do I get my teachers to allow me to retake the modules?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hibaj)
    So, i do chemistry biology and physics

For my January modules i got 2 Cs and a B and im really not happy because I know I could do a lot better. So, I want to retake the Cs (which were in chemistry and biology) however my teachers are adamant nobody does. I panic a lot and i think that is why i didn't do well. I mean, i even panic about having to study. I want to get As. But my teachers are refusing to let me retake and now im in a panic.

So, I need so advice. I have less that 9 weeks till my retakes and then the the other unit will be a week after. Im fairly behind for the current units as well. Do you think I have time to study for all of them (and get As for all?) Because I know my teachers are also worried about their reputation, not just the fact i might do worse, which would be bad for me. Also, how do I get my teachers to allow me to retake the modules?

Thanks in advance!
    You definitely want to resit ! Remember these are the easiest exams and once you've covered the unit 2 stuff they'll become much easier ... If your teachers refuse to put you in you have two options

1- enter yourself as a private candidate
    2- speak to the exams office at your school and submit the resits yourself

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please excuse the mistakes. Im on my phone ;p

ReputationRep:
    you could possibly try some other colleges and see if they take external applicants? alternatively go straight to the exams office or offer to pay for your resits because that way it won't affect their finances.

and try to pull up all your AS grades because that will give you a little bit of leeway with the A2 exams. trust me, i'm in A2 and you don't want to still be resitting AS exams because there is so much more to focus on. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It's not up to your teachers to decide, they are your grades. Speak to your headteacher if they continue to be difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronLee)
    You definitely want to resit ! Remember these are the easiest exams and once you've covered the unit 2 stuff they'll become much easier ... If your teachers refuse to put you in you have two options

1- enter yourself as a private candidate
    2- speak to the exams office at your school and submit the resits yourself

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Confusing_Chem)
    you could possibly try some other colleges and see if they take external applicants? alternatively go straight to the exams office or offer to pay for your resits because that way it won't affect their finances.

and try to pull up all your AS grades because that will give you a little bit of leeway with the A2 exams. trust me, i'm in A2 and you don't want to still be resitting AS exams because there is so much more to focus on. good luck!

eee, ok. thank you! the thought of having to sit them somewhere else stresses me out. having to argue with my teachers, stresses me out too. i stress really easily, it's frustrating! my teachers are being so selfish! theyre saying it's for our good, but i already know there's a chance of me failing, i just want a second chance!

the fact im not what youd consider a 'good' student doesnt help my case though ;s not that im rude or anything, im just not good with punctuality, hwrk etc

anyhoo, thank you very much for your advice! :]

(Original post by Iron Lady)
    It's not up to your teachers to decide, they are your grades. Speak to your headteacher if they continue to be difficult.
    i agree, it should be up to us. ahh, i dont think getting the head involved would be a good idea xD ive never even spoken to her :O ever

thanks for the advice though!

Poll
Do you prefer hot dogs or burgers?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.