Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just thinking over what i'm going to do with my life and i was thinking could i do 5 as levels and genral studies.

i'd like to do

maths
    futher maths
    Psychology
    Biology
    English lit

would this be a lot of work to do? or am i just kidding myself? Is it even possible?

It just i have to move at the end of year 11 so by then i need to know what i can do.

i dont want to rush pick rubbish subjects, like normal!

ReputationRep:
    depends how clever and willing to work you are. my mate did it and he got all A's and i can't even manage to subjects and GS.

what did you get in GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian14)
    I'm just thinking over what i'm going to do with my life and i was thinking could i do 5 as levels and genral studies.

i'd like to do

maths
    futher maths
    Psychology
    Biology
    English lit

would this be a lot of work to do? or am i just kidding myself? Is it even possible?

It just i have to move at the end of year 11 so by then i need to know what i can do.

it is definitely possible to do 5 as, thats what im doing now, but that is alot of work. your 5 subjects looks like a beast of a combination of subjects, if you ever decide to do these 5as, definitely drop general studies. I hope that one of the 5as is a 2 years course, otherwise, you really have to basically work your ass off

ReputationRep:

i'd like to do

maths
    futher maths
    Psychology
    Biology
    English lit

I think its managable. As long as you are prepared for alot of work, but good time managing and you should manage well.

ReputationRep:
    It's a heavy load but I'd say don't bother with the General Studies, it won't aid you in anyway when it comes to universities etc and you seem to have very good choices anyway. Don't overload yourself, you'll burn out and it won't be worth it in the end

ReputationRep:
    Why bother with General Studies, it's not worth it. Most decent universities which i assume you'd be interested in - considering the amount of work you are prepared to do aren't even interested in General Studies. As long as you have 3 good A levels (as that's how offers are made) or 4 if you're going for (Oxford or Cambridge) you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:

i'd like to do

maths
    futher maths
    Psychology
    Biology
    English lit

Forget General Studies its no good for ur uni.
    Yes u can do 5-6 A-levels but that depends to urself....Do u want to do 5 a-levels??? IF u do then u'll work hard and get it its possible i know many people who done 5-6 a-levels and got AAAAA.
    If ur aiming for the top (oxbridge) then do it.

ReputationRep:
    I see the point about GS, seems kinda pointless 2 me 2
    but what u gunner do?

(Original post by G4ry)
    ....3 good A levels (as that's how offers are made) or 4 if you're going for (Oxford or Cambridge)
    do you need 4 full a levels for oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasos)
    do you need 4 full a levels for oxbridge?
    No. They usually only make three offers (and STEPs for Cambridge). Four A levels might help, but they really want people good at the specific subject not someone who doesn't know what they want to do.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to do 5as levels and general studies, - but theres not really any point in doing that many, in terms of getting a place at uni.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.