Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Cloning using nuclear transfer: The cell was taken from the mammary gland of a 6 year old ewe, its nucleus transplanted into a cell from a second sheep and then inserted into the uterus of a third sheep, and then a fourth to develop.

Why is it even placed in the 3rd sheep? Why can't it just be placed straight into the surrogate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    Cloning using nuclear transfer: The cell was taken from the mammary gland of a 6 year old ewe, its nucleus transplanted into a cell from a second sheep and then inserted into the uterus of a third sheep, and then a fourth to develop.

Why is it even placed in the 3rd sheep? Why can't it just be placed straight into the surrogate?
    It can just be placed straight into the surrogate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    It can just be placed straight into the surrogate.
    In my book it says that it was placed into a 3rd sheep before the surrogate though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    In my book it says that it was placed into a 3rd sheep before the surrogate though :confused:
    It seems rather random, unless the 3rd sheep had some special factor that allowed the embryo to implant more easily, I can't see why you'd bother.
    http://www.abpischools.org.uk/res/co...ges/clon01.png

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.