The Student Room Group

Pope Francis I

Scroll to see replies

I congratulate Jim Bowen on his new position of Pope :biggrin:
Reply 101
Woo! Now maybe the news will become interesting again. :biggrin:
Original post by Harry Callahan
Who gives a ****? Religion's all nonsense anyway.

That's got to have been the first time I've thumbed you up. :smile:
If it's a case of "old wine, new bottles", will they at least pimp the Popemobile?

Just a little bit of progress, please.
Original post by almost_instinct
If it's a case of "old wine, new bottles", will they at least pimp the Popemobile?

Just a little bit of progress, please.

Of course Just as soon as Dennis Rodman gives it back.

Ohhh, everyone's got a Popemobile now, they're so last century. Kim Kardashian has one for her *cats*.
Original post by JackS94
*Sigh* I'd better start going to the gym to prepare for when I'm conscripted in the upcoming Falklands war... :grumble:

With the election of Francis I, any chance of another Falklands conflict has vanished. There is not a chance whilst he is Pontiff that a Argentine government will touch The Falklands.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Ohhh, everyone's got a Popemobile now, they're so last century. Kim Kardashian has one for her *cats*.

You must be joking.
Original post by thunder_chunky
You must be joking.

Never! Curses. Discovered.

I have a bit of a thing at the moment about Brian Cox, I actually think he would look pretty nice in a Cosmologists Popemobile, waving to the crowds from his bullet-proof perspex box. Or Harry Styles? It would show off his lovely hair well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CelticSymphony67
With the election of Francis I, any chance of another Falklands conflict has vanished. There is not a chance whilst he is Pontiff that a Argentine government will touch The Falklands.

Do you mean that as a serious point? If anything, given his statements about it on record, they will be encouraged.

Mind you, Cardinals being what they are, he may have just been doing his best to 'blend in' in Buenos Aires, saying things to please the crowd.
Reply 110

You must be joking.

Of course she's joking.

Kim Kardashian has kats, not cats :wink:
Original post by Drewski
Of course she's joking.

Kim Kardashian has kats, not cats :wink:

Ok. I'm sure there's a joke or reference in there somewhere but I'm not getting it.
Reply 112
Ok. I'm sure there's a joke or reference in there somewhere but I'm not getting it.

My knowledge of the family is limited to the fact that every-sodding-thing starts with a K. Every name.

Oh, don't worry, it's not subtle - I was just thinking, who is even more famous than the Pope? Answer - Kim Kardashian! Would she be comfortable with a Popemobile? She doesn't need one - her fans commune with her via the tabloids and she likes being close up with the papps. However, her cats may need special protection when on display, she is very fond of them and probably would like them to not be in actual physical contact with her mobs of fans.

I suppose a Biebermobile is also a possibility though.
Original post by Drewski
My knowledge of the family is limited to the fact that every-sodding-thing starts with a K. Every name.

Yeah, I think she eats kereal rather than cereal and has a kelebrity trainer.
Original post by Drewski

Ah fair enough. I thought there was a more to it. I guess their cats/kats need their own pope mobiles when out for walks to....keep up with the Kardashians.
Reply 116
Original post by FrogInABog
He is quoted as saying that homosexuals should be treated with compassion and respect; he is against gay marriage and adoption. Make of that what you will.

Yeahhh but that's sort of like when the religious say "I'll pray for you" towards atheists, that sort of compassion. Meaning he thinks they're wrong and sinful but he still "cares about them". So definitely no gay marriage!
Oh, don't worry, it's not subtle - I was just thinking, who is even more famous than the Pope? Answer - Kim Kardashian! Would she be comfortable with a Popemobile? She doesn't need one - her fans commune with her via the tabloids and she likes being close up with the papps. However, her cats may need special protection when on display, she is very fond of them and probably would like them to not be in actual physical contact with her mobs of fans.

I suppose a Biebermobile is also a possibility though.

If you think Kim Kardashian is more famous than the Pope than the world as we know it is doomed. Doomed I tell ya. We're all doooooomed.
Actually, that's a good point - he might well act as a lobbyist for Kirchner, the Vatican wields a lot of diplomatic power.

I was thinking about this earlier as well, but I eventually came to the conclusion that since the USA and EU respect peoples' right to self-determination that even though the pope does have some diplomatic influence, it wouldn't be able to ignore the fact that only 3 people voted against remaining British. If Argentina do take over, then internationally it would be them looking like imperialists.
Do you mean that as a serious point? If anything, given his statements about it on record, they will be encouraged.

Mind you, Cardinals being what they are, he may have just been doing his best to 'blend in' in Buenos Aires, saying things to please the crowd.

Most Argentines (and others) think that those Islands belong to them, but his election as Pope has squashed any idea of the Argentine government wanting to retake them. As Pontiff, he can not come out and back an invasion of the Falklands, and he would be under reassure to condemn it. Would the Arentine government put him under that position?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending