LAW vs UCL for LAW

Which do you prefer?

mwuahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wings)
    LAW vs UCL for LAW

Which do you prefer?

mwuahahaha
    LSE's law department (according to my sister) is much better than UCL's so i would choose lse, i think lse's ranking is third after oxbridge at the time's university under law whereas ucl is 8th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReturnofGnostic)
    Why have cotton when you can have silk?
    you can make cottonseed oil from cotton

ReputationRep:
    Definetly LSE no question about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    LSE's law department (according to my sister) is much better than UCL's so i would choose lse, i think lse's ranking is third after oxbridge at the time's university under law whereas ucl is 8th.
    Why does LSE have a better law department?
    Ive actually been told the opposite.. i know UCL have a very good law society but LSE doesnt.. ?

Glad I brought this topic up

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you could go wrong with either place.

it's like picking which swimsuit model you would like to date for the next 3 years...you'll be a lucky person no matter what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wings)
    Why does LSE have a better law department?
    Ive actually been told the opposite.. i know UCL have a very good law society but LSE doesnt.. ?

Glad I brought this topic up
    yea both unis are excellent - why lse is better is because of many reasons i would guess-im sure you will find out alot more if you go to the open days

ReputationRep:
    I was really impressed by the UCL law department when I saw it, there was such a community there, and the idea of not having to trail about to go to all your lectures and tutorials is just so cool, I dont know about LSE so much, cos i haven't had a reply from them yet so havnt spent time on an open day. But all things considered, I think going to UCL or LSE would come down to personal choice a great deal. i dont care about three or four places on a league table to be honest, most people (and I'm not talking about obsessives who spend their time in internet forums like us) think of LSe and UCL being much the same in terms of academic standing. Amongst my mates at Uni, the Oxbridge, notts, durham bristol crowd, they seem to think that LSE is full of workaholics who have no fun, postgrads, and antisocial foreign students. I have no idea though really

ReputationRep:
    how far behind is durham from lse and ucl would you say
    (academically for law)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    how far behind is durham from lse and ucl would you say
    (academically for law)?
    not far behind at all, many people regard the durham law school better than the ucl law school.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/display...,13425,00.html

check out the times university rankings for law above, the fact that it is ranked 4th behind oxbridge and lse, probably justifies how good it is

ReputationRep:
    Rankings arent everything bear in mind

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 15, 2004
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.