Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

is it sad that i pretend to have a boyfriend? Watch

Im 18, all my friends have boyfriends, even the fat ugly ones (no offence) but u know what I mean. So I made up a random number and downloaded a fake sms app and I send fake message pretending they are from my 'boyfriend' so if my friends go thru my phone or somethin they will see it. Sometimes I say I cant make it if they wana go out for a meal or something by saying my bf is taking me out.
    I just wana fit it, so is it really that sad?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, very sad.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Stop this nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Only on TSR....

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is sad that you have gone to such lengths. Have you thought that if they were to find out that you don't really have a boyfriend it would be much much more embarrassing. There is nothing wrong in not having a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's sad.

I used to pretend to have a boyfriend when I wasn't interested in dating anyone, so had to keep the lie up (looking back I could have just said I'm not into dating, but I WAS 15)... but I like to think that what you're doing is 10 steps up from that.

ReputationRep:
    you are gonna end up getting caught out one day!!
    not worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im 18, all my friends have boyfriends, even the fat ugly ones (no offence) but u know what I mean. So I made up a random number and downloaded a fake sms app and I send fake message pretending they are from my 'boyfriend' so if my friends go thru my phone or somethin they will see it. Sometimes I say I cant make it if they wana go out for a meal or something by saying my bf is taking me out.
    Well...yes...it is. Most people don't always have a relationship throughout their life, so not being in a relationship isn't anything to be embarrassed about, and I can't imagine that your friends would react negatively to you. I mean relationship or not, why would your friends think different of you?

ReputationRep:
    If I found out a girl did this at my college I would ridicule her for the rest of the time we were there, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    i stopped reading at downloaded a fake sms app, girl you need help..

ReputationRep:
    ****ing lols.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ... yes. Why do that? Just tell them you haven't it really isn't a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Just lying would be sad but messaging yourself, that's a whole new level...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even have to read the post, the title alone shows it is indeed, ****ing sad.

ReputationRep:
    It'll cause you some problems in the long-term. What if your friends ever want to meet your "boyfriend"? Will you have to pretend to dump him? And what if your friends find out you were pretending to be in a relationship? Do you think they'll trust you?

You should stop this before it escalates to something serious.

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky

ReputationRep:
    This can't be real, that is so pathetic. If you put as much effort into actually finding a boyfriend, rather than just pretending to have one, you'd probably be a lot happier..

ReputationRep:
    yes, it's very sad

ReputationRep:
    Much as I adore myself I don't think I could be in a relationship...with myself. If you're messaging yourself you should really seek help. Just stop the whole charade, it's weird. Somebody will find out too and you'll feel a bit silly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that's a waste of time.
    you're not going to get a bf since everyone thinks you're taken lol

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.