Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SurpriseMe)
    :five:

I'm in year 13, i'm supposed to be an A* student but i think i lack a bit of self-confidence sometimes and i hate being wrong lol :/
    Ahah, I know what you mean I really want an A* this year... Better get practising, I still haven't practised my S1 properly though need to start that... And I missed C2 in January so I have 4 maths exams this year... And I have all my other GCSEs :mad:

Any revision tips for clashes?

Chemistry 4/5/6
    C4! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Ahah, I know what you mean I really want an A* this year... Better get practising, I still haven't practised my S1 properly though need to start that... And I missed C2 in January so I have 4 maths exams this year... And I have all my other GCSEs :mad:

Any revision tips for clashes?

Chemistry 4/5/6
    C4! :cry2:
    Same, I bascially need an A* and I'm determined to get it too :yep:

oh S1 is reaaaallly easy when you just practise it. last year i was involved in an accident and i was out of school for over a month and i missed tonnes of maths (inc S1) but i just sat down one day and read the book and made myself understand every sentence and i got 95 ums in the end

without trying to sound big-headed, maths is actually quite easy once you practice and do all the past papers. i find that's when my confidence goes up a lot more and well you're doing it in your gcse year so you would know.

what do you mean clashes? 2 exams in one day? btw gotta run to school but i'll pm you later

ReputationRep:
    i think u need the quotient rule to differentiate the (x-1/2-x) expression. i get something different at the end :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same, I bascially need an A* and I'm determined to get it too :yep:

oh S1 is reaaaallly easy when you just practise it. last year i was involved in an accident and i was out of school for over a month and i missed tonnes of maths (inc S1) but i just sat down one day and read the book and made myself understand every sentence and i got 95 ums in the end

without trying to sound big-headed, maths is actually quite easy once you practice and do all the past papers. i find that's when my confidence goes up a lot more and well you're doing it in your gcse year so you would know.

what do you mean clashes? 2 exams in one day? btw gotta run to school but i'll pm you later
    We shall get it together!

Aah :console: well done though!!! I'm self teaching as well so hopefully, I'll be able to match that

Yeah, I agree, it's quite monotonous as well after a while... Same thing in each paper, but then they change things in your actual exam! Like my mechanics!

2 exams at the same time okay, see ya later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    i think u need the quotient rule to differentiate the (x-1/2-x) expression. i get something different at the end :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i did [(x-1)/(2-x)]^2 => 2[(x-1)/(2-x)] x [(2-x + x-1)/(2-x)^2] => 2(x-1)/(2-x) x 1/(2-x)^2 => 2(x-1)/(2-x)^3

gotta run to school!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i did [(x-1)/(2-x)]^2 => 2[(x-1)/(2-x)] x [(2-x + x-1)/(2-x)^2] => 2(x-1)/(2-x) x 1/(2-x)^2 => 2(x-1)/(2-x)^3

gotta run to school!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Ah I see it. I got the same but didn't simply it enough - wow i'm rusty : $

ReputationRep:
    Why product rule?

So it would be 6[sin(e^x)]^2 mutliplied by the differential of what's inside the brackets which is e^xcos(e^x)? Is my differential inside the bracket correct?
    Correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Ah I see it. I got the same but didn't simply it enough - wow i'm rusty : $
    Aww Well thanks for helping anyway

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.