Illuminati/Conspiracies Real or not? Watch

This discussion is closed.
KingV93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This has probably shown up on here before, but I'm new here so I wouldn't know what's been posted. Anyway, this has always been an interest of mine I've read into things, watched documentaries etc. But I've never been sure about the exact stance I have on it. There's a lot of interesting points out there that kinda make me think twice

One issue that bothers me is that the religious stuff seems to be over-exaggerated and I feel that some of the information about it feels like religious scaremongering. What do you think?
luke_n
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's all a load of bull:poo:
Kibalchich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They're a combination of anti-semitic propaganda and a cult 1970s hippy sci fi novel.
Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd say the 9/11 ones are fairly plausible compared to the official report
Wick3d
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's bull****
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends upon what of that stuff you are referring to. There is a lot of misinformation out there on the internet and a lot of theories that have gone too far concerning the role of secret societies in the world.
Tabzqt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
not real
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends what you mean. Are there immensely rich families who could hold more power than our elected leaders? Yes, quite a few.

Are there secret societies of lizard people who control everyone? Probably not.
teen1234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think people who believe in the illuminati are just unaware of the magical wand of the government. There is no 'secret group'. Governments try and do what best for themselves(sometimes for the people) in order to do this they may 'influence' certain things.
username854791
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KingV93)
This has probably shown up on here before, but I'm new here so I wouldn't know what's been posted. Anyway, this has always been an interest of mine I've read into things, watched documentaries etc. But I've never been sure about the exact stance I have on it. There's a lot of interesting points out there that kinda make me think twice

One issue that bothers me is that the religious stuff seems to be over-exaggerated and I feel that some of the information about it feels like religious scaremongering. What do you think?
No you are wrong. This is probably the first thread I've seen which openly is about the illuminati. Many people tend to not talk about this either because they don't know anything about it or that they do not want to.

All I can tell you that it's a big world. Much bigger than the world you know, because the world you know consists of people you've met or have seen in popular culture and media. Everyman naturally wants to acquire power and control no matter the magnitude. But I am afraid that there are some in this planet called Earth that want godhood and eternal power.

The religious stuff as you have said may be a little exagratted but has many vital parts to it.
I too am very intregued about this and consider myself as a kind of a conspiracist.
Kibalchich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pjm600)
It depends what you mean. Are there immensely rich families who could hold more power than our elected leaders? Yes, quite a few.

Are there secret societies of lizard people who control everyone? Probably not.
That's capitalism. No need to invoke any woowoo nonsense.
GPODT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some conspiracies are truthful, others not so much.
Kibalchich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GPODT)
Some conspiracies are truthful, others not so much.
Which ones are truthful?
Palindromic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Illuminati yes, conspiracy theories like no moon landing, lizard people or tupac is alive are probably wrong.

The illuminati is real, depending on how big or what people want to refer to as the 'illuminati'

its basically fact that the world 'leaders' dont run the world, the broadcasters do, they drip feed you information. they shove propoganda down our throats and people dont realise, our generation grows up with it, its shaped who they are. people think theyre free when theyre not, everything in your life is controlled by powerful people.
Kibalchich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by J1994D)
Illuminati yes, conspiracy theories like no moon landing, lizard people or tupac is alive are probably wrong.

The illuminati is real, depending on how big or what people want to refer to as the 'illuminati'

its basically fact that the world 'leaders' dont run the world, the broadcasters do, they drip feed you information. they shove propoganda down our throats and people dont realise, our generation grows up with it, its shaped who they are. people think theyre free when theyre not, everything in your life is controlled by powerful people.
Business runs the world. Its called capitalism.
Kibalchich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kibalchich)
Business runs the world. Its called capitalism.
Want to explain why this got a neg?
KingV93
Rep:
?
Do I think that the world is run by people in black cloaks sat around a desk going "Mwahahahaha"? No. I do think there is a lot of puppet mastering and string pulling going onto the masses, I think that banks and corporations are more criminal than we realise and governments at time help cover them up for their benefit.

I do respect an element of historical religiosity like the symbolism and all of the weird rituals that go on but I think the focus is too often centered at that.
Aliccam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is very difficult to find out about this type of thing, as there is more disinformation than information on the web. Much of it is deliberate. The Illuminati seems to be based in fact, but getting verifiable details about a secret society is always going to be very difficult.
The 'conspiracy' concerning 9/11 is a similar story. It is a 'secret' event and as such the truth about a lot of it is not forthcoming. Disinformation regarding this is abundant. The magazine Popular Mechanics was even bought out in 2001, all the staff changed, and then started to champion 'debunking'.
The best way to avoid having your opinion on 9/11 swayed by either faction, is to watch the video footage of the collapse of WTC1, 2 and particularly 7, with an open mind and no commentary and decide for yourself what you are seeing.
miser
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There certainly are conspiracies, just not always so extravagant as they're made out to be. The moon landing, 9/11, etc., theories are all nonsense, but some are not. The Illuminati for example do exist, but to what degree they have any power as an organisation I'm not sure. There is also the Bilderberg Group.

An example of a known true conspiracy is that the US government was involved in the assassination of Martin Luther King. This was confirmed in a 1999 US civil trial.

Another example is of MKUltra, which was a secret US government programme involved in the research of mind control techniques through the use of forced ingestion of hallucinogenic drugs (such as LSD), sexual abuse and torture. It has been confirmed that the US government was involved in the abduction and kidnapping of US and Canadian citizens who were forced to participate in the programme. Documents relating to MKUltra are now public, though much is still classified and remains unknown.

So, it is known that some conspiracies are legitimate. The difficulty is in establishing which are which when there is often so little evidence available, and what does get discovered teases at us to wonder what has gone undiscovered - but we should never abandon our requirement of that evidence. Concerning the US' activities, one might say they offer some of the most cogent arguments for governmental transparency there are.
KingV93
Rep:
?
(Original post by miser)
There certainly are conspiracies, just not always so extravagant as they're made out to be. The moon landing, 9/11, etc., theories are all nonsense, but some are not. The Illuminati for example do exist, but to what degree they have any power as an organisation I'm not sure. There is also the Bilderberg Group.

An example of a known true conspiracy is that the US government was involved in the assassination of Martin Luther King. This was confirmed in a 1999 US civil trial.

Another example is of MKUltra, which was a secret US government programme involved in the research of mind control techniques through the use of forced ingestion of hallucinogenic drugs (such as LSD), sexual abuse and torture. It has been confirmed that the US government was involved in the abduction and kidnapping of US and Canadian citizens who were forced to participate in the programme. Documents relating to MKUltra are now public, though much is still classified and remains unknown.

So, it is known that some conspiracies are legitimate. The difficulty is in establishing which are which when there is often so little evidence available, and what does get discovered teases at us to wonder what has gone undiscovered - but we should never abandon our requirement of that evidence. Concerning the US' activities, one might say they offer some of the most cogent arguments for governmental transparency there are.
I knew about Martin Luther King's assassination being conducted by the US government, but I also found some information on the trial.

'In 2000, the U.S. Department of Justice completed the investigation about Jowers' claims but did not find evidence to support allegations about conspiracy. The investigation report recommended no further investigation unless some new reliable facts are presented.'

Perhaps they weren't personally involved, they might have just made it easier for assassins to kill him. Having said that, I do believe that the government were guilty of it, and they just "carried out an investigation" to make it look like they were doing something about it. Thanks for the information about MKUltra though, that's something I never knew about and I'm going to look into it. I always try my best to cross reference information like this.

And you're right about the difficulty in telling which from which, the trouble is that the information on most things can be found relatively easily, but most people just don't go and look for it.

Do you know about the Ludlow Massacre?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.81%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.68%

Watched Threads