Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

London to Brighton 2013 Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So anyone else doing it any of the series this year? I'm doing the on-road day cycle ride and may be doing the walk (though i'm convinced that will kill me ). Good luck to everyone taking part and if any of you kind people would like to support my stupidity and more importantly the great progress being made by the British Heart Foundation feel free to sponsor me here https://www.justgiving.com/Curtis-Riley/.

ReputationRep:
    Will you be going on foot to Brighton? :rolleyes:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Will you be going on foot to Brighton? :rolleyes:
    I am cycling it on the 16th of june anf may be walking it on the 22nd. Still working on plans for that but i'll update on justgiving, this thread and anywhere else I put info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtis871)
    I am cycling it on the 16th of june anf may be walking it on the 22nd. Still working on plans for that but i'll update on justgiving, this thread and anywhere else I put info.
    Is it like you have to go on your own bike or they give you one?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is it like you have to go on your own bike or they give you one?
    Generally your own bike though some people did it on tandems and at least one person attempted it on a unicycle (the one person i've heard of attempting this ended up walking the majority). Someone I know wants to do it on a borris bike which could be interesting .

ReputationRep:
    Generally your own bike though some people did it on tandems and at least one person attempted it on a unicycle (the one person i've heard of attempting this ended up walking the majority). Someone I know wants to do it on a borris bike which could be interesting .
    Hmm, the last time I had my own bike was before I've bended one of the wheels Good luck on your ride :rolleyes:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, the last time I had my own bike was before I've bended one of the wheels Good luck on your ride :rolleyes:
    Lol an incentive to hire bikes from now on ? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Lol an incentive to hire bikes from now on ? Thanks
    Well, if the same would happen what happened with my bike, no one will want to lend me a bike
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know wants to do it on a borris bike which could be interesting .
    Boris did it on his bike last year

Sent from my GT-S5363
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing the bike ride this year, it'll be my first time

Infact a number of us (about 8 I think) TSR HQ are getting involved. I'm looking forward to it, my dad's done it 4/5 times and I've always wanted to do it too!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)

Sent from my GT-S5363
    Lol how did I not hear about that , someone at work suggested fancy dress (as borris) on the bike the other day. Ive promised if its feasible I will do it if I hit my target.

(Original post by Juno)

Sent from my GT-S5363

(Original post by CJ)

Infact a number of us (about 8 I think) TSR HQ are getting involved. I'm looking forward to it, my dad's done it 4/5 times and I've always wanted to do it too!
    Good luck to all of you!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)

Just wondering if your welcome pack has arrived? Still waiting for mine after more than two weeks. I've ended up asking the store I volunteer in to sort out a sponsorship form for me but i'd still like to see if anything else helpful is in it.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if your welcome pack has arrived? Still waiting for mine after more than two weeks. I've ended up asking the store I volunteer in to sort out a sponsorship form for me but i'd still like to see if anything else helpful is in it.
    No, I haven't got anything yet either. I just asked someone who signed up before me (and set up our group) and she says she hasn't got hers yet either, although is expecting it soon... Hmmm, will have to wait and see I think.

Let me know when you get yours (and I'll do likewise if you haven't posted up before then) :yy:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    No, I haven't got anything yet either. I just asked someone who signed up before me (and set up our group) and she says she hasn't got hers yet either, although is expecting it soon... Hmmm, will have to wait and see I think.

Let me know when you get yours (and I'll do likewise if you haven't posted up before then) :yy:
    Thanks for replying. Will do . If you're still waiting after too long you might also be best asking a shop to make a copy perhaps? I know we could make our own but I think it looks better to potential sponsors if it has a standardish layout. Maybe i'm just a paranoid potential sponsor though
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)

My ride guide arrived today . Hope yours doesnt take long to arrive. All ready for the ride?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So I thought I'd post a quick update here. I unfortunately can't do the walk but I'm definitely committed to the cycle ride now . I've actually got a bike and have started practising. Since then I've started a blog to keep track of my progress and started hunting for hills in the flattest county of the UK (surprisingly this bit isn't going so well ). Good luck to everyone taking part and thank you to those of you who have helped with training tips or by donating .
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh less than 4 days to go and I'm nowhere near as prepared as I wanted to be. If it goes well I will be looking for the next idea. The more ridiculous the better so if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh less than 4 days to go and I'm nowhere near as prepared as I wanted to be. If it goes well I will be looking for the next idea. The more ridiculous the better so if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears
    London to Paris?? that looks pretty good! (a friend who has recently left his job is riding solo, London to Marrakech now that's crazy!)

I've recently realised I'm not really ready for it being in the wet (as it looks it might be) - but whatever happens happens. Really looking forward to it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    London to Paris?? that looks pretty good! (a friend who has recently left his job is riding solo, London to Marrakech now that's crazy!)

I've recently realised I'm not really ready for it being in the wet (as it looks it might be) - but whatever happens happens. Really looking forward to it
    Hmm I'll have to look it up after work (on my way now). Sounds pretty crazy and more than a little ambitious for me though so perfect . Good luck to your friend on the ride and getting his next job .

Lol I'm praying for nice weather as light clothes are all I can carry :/.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:

Lol I'm praying for nice weather as light clothes are all I can carry :/.
    Same. I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to take a waterproof jacket...

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.