Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

London to Brighton 2013 Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Same. I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to take a waterproof jacket...
    Lol look on the brightside. You're heading home so not far from a shower and a change of clothes.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtis871)
    Lol look on the brightside. You're heading home so not far from a shower and a change of clothes.
    That's true :teeth:

Weather report last night said Saturday was going to be wet and gusty, with Sunday mellowing out. Fingers crossssssedddddd
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)

Weather report last night said Saturday was going to be wet and gusty, with Sunday mellowing out. Fingers crossssssedddddd
    Well I'm on my way to London now. Too late for me to change my mind! Time for prayer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)

How'd it go for you and your fellow tsrians? Praying for the weather seemed to work but next time I'm praying for less hills!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    How'd it go for you and your fellow tsrians? Praying for the weather seemed to work but next time I'm praying for less hills!
    Yeah it was a great day

My cycle computer says I was cycling for about 5 hours (not including stops/jams) and I was totally shattered by the end! When I got it the sun was just coming out, so perfect timing for a drink on the beach
    One of the people from our team I was planning to cycle with actually broke their bike before they got to the start line (brand new bike!) so they were gutted. Worst thing that happened to me was one of my gels leaking in my pocket, so happy with that.

Oh and my rear inner tube exploding on the beach after it got too hot We thought a bomb had gone off!

How was it for you?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Yeah it was a great day

My cycle computer says I was cycling for aiut 5 hours (not including stops) and I was totally shattered by the end! When I got it the sun was just coming out, so perfect timing for a drink on the beach
    One of the people from our team I was planning to cycle with actually broke their bike before they got to the start line (brand new bike!) so they were gutted. Worst thing that happened to me was one of my gels leaking in my pocket, so happy with that.

Oh and my rear inner tube exploding on the beach after it got too hot We thought a bomb had gone off!

How was it for you?
    Sounds like you had a good day. Shame for your friend .

I had a great day. It was harder than I expected though and ended up missing the coach back to London and had no charge in my phone. Even that bit wasn't too bad though because everyone there was so helpful. I've met a couple of people on the ride I'm keeping in touch with too. Finally made it back to London about 3 this afternoon.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you had a good day. Shame for your friend .

I had a great day. It was harder than I expected though and ended up missing the coach back to London and had no charge in my phone. Even that bit wasn't too bad though because everyone there was so helpful. I've met a couple of people on the ride I'm keeping in touch with too. Finally made it back to London about 3 this afternoon.
    Ah no! What happened? Were you a late starter?

Yeah it was harder than I was expecting too, in honesty I knew it was going to take a long time, but it felt sooo much longer. I remember stopping off at the scout hut thinking I was about 3/4 of the way, only to hear I was "nearly half way"
    I should have stopped before the beacon to give it a real shot, but I just sailed through and got tired quite quickly so had to push. Maybe next time!

Atmosphere was great, I was behind spiderman for a lot of it, which was cool as the kids just loved it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Ah no! What happened? Were yowigslate starter?

Yeah it was harder than I was expecting too, in hon. Knew it was going to take a long time, but it felt sooo much longer. I remember stopping off at the scout hut thinking I was about 3/4 of the way, only to hear I was "nearly half way"
    I should have stopped before the beacon to give it a real shot, but I just sailed through and got tired quite quickly so had to push. Maybe next time!

Atmosphere was great, I was behind spiderman for a lot of it, which was cool as the kids just loved it
    Not that late, sometime between 9 and half 9. Just a really slow rider especially up those hills. Didn't help that because I got so lost getting to the start I had done 3 hours already .

Well a customer told me how easy it was so I now plan on killing said customer . The beacon killed me and I walked a lot of it. Which evil person thought of putting that in the route so close to the end. If it had been 40 miles earlier I might have cycled it all.

Ah I saw a Spiderman a few times so I probably saw you too. I did the last half with a really friendly woman I met doing about the same pace as me. We both got left behind by The people we started with so it worked out well .

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.