Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've just picked up a job application for a part time Customer Service Assistant at my local co-operative food store. I'm not sure how to answer some of the questions as I'be really done anything which enables me to answer them.
    1. Please describe any involvement you have within your local community?
    2 What skills, knowledge, experience dou you have that makes you well suited?
    3 What has been your biggest achievements in the past 2 years?
    4 Describe a difficult situation you have been in and how did you resolve it?
    5 How will you make a difference in your role?
    6 Give an example of when you have demonstrated excellent customer service.

Any suggestions/help

ReputationRep:
    Well since I don't know you then I can't possibly give you any sort of answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertine96)
    I've just picked up a job application for a part time Customer Service Assistant at my local co-operative food store. I'm not sure how to answer some of the questions as I'be really done anything which enables me to answer them.
    1. Please describe any involvement you have within your local community?
    2 What skills, knowledge, experience dou you have that makes you well suited?
    3 What has been your biggest achievements in the past 2 years?
    4 Describe a difficult situation you have been in and how did you resolve it?
    5 How will you make a difference in your role?
    6 Give an example of when you have demonstrated excellent customer service.

Any suggestions/help
    Ill try and help you think of some good answers
    1. That's a hard question if you don't really have any volunteering experience. Maybe write something about how you to try and help the community in day to day life e.g. are you friendly to make the commmunity a nice place to live? Do you do your part to make sure it's a clean and tidy place, like not dropping litter? But as I say, that's hard unless you have direct involvement.

2. If you have a person specification for the role I'd have a look at this to see what kind of person they are looking for. In terms of skills good things to mention are: teamwork skills, communication skills, organisation skills etc. In terms of knowledge you could say you have a good knowledge of the co-op as a company and the kind of products/services they offer (make sure you do your research so this is truthful). In terms of experience, unless you have any kind of work experience in a shop or with the public, there's not much you can put for this. If you're still stuck for points for this question, I'd mention some of your personal qualitites that would make you well suited for the role e.g. are you hard working, reliable, efficient, friendly?

3. This is hard for me to answer as I don't know what you've achieved! But I'm assuming you've just left school - so i'd say think about things like GCSE results, any achivements from things like sport or music? have you done the duke of edinburgh award? have you got into a good college?

4. Another one that it's hard for me to help with! Think in terms of what you've found hard - this could be something personal or to do with education. I don't think it's so much the situation you choose that's important in this question as the way you describe it, and how you look at the solution aspect of it.

5. Think what you'd bring to the role....good customer service? someone reliable? make a difference in the efficiency of the way things are done?

6. If you haven't worked in a customer service role before this is hard to answer, but think of any time you've interacted with the public and relate it back to that

Hope I've helped

ReputationRep:
    Thanks SpottedZebra. I know my answer for a couple of them and I will do some research into the Coop and its values for a couple of them to help me. I'm struggling on number 4, I have an answer but it would be the same as my answer to 6 so that's a no go

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.