Turn on thread page Beta

gcse art exam PUZZLED?????!!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, i recently got my gcse art exam paper and i have no clue what to do!! the questions are Landscape, Cubism, South Asia, Camouflage, Letterforms, Fashion & Differences. I'm going for probably landscape, cubism or maybe differences. I'm just scared if i chose the wrong question it'll go all wrong and i'll get a really bad grade. I'm predicted an a/a* so i feel under alot of pressure. My coursewrok is good so i s'pose i can fall back on that, but it seem all too much what with other subjects and revision. Its too time consuming and stressful!!!! HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    You have to do a book of pre-exam work first right? So basically it's just like the coursework but you have to do the final piece in 10 hours. You should by then have everything planned out.

Maybe if your stuck at the moment, try and 'brainstorm' or sketch out some ideas for each of the headings your interested in. Choose the one you think is best and try and develop it into something that'll produce you a successful final design.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe_04)
    hi, i recently got my gcse art exam paper and i have no clue what to do!! the questions are Landscape, Cubism, South Asia, Camouflage, Letterforms, Fashion & Differences. I'm going for probably landscape, cubism or maybe differences. I'm just scared if i chose the wrong question it'll go all wrong and i'll get a really bad grade. I'm predicted an a/a* so i feel under alot of pressure. My coursewrok is good so i s'pose i can fall back on that, but it seem all too much what with other subjects and revision. Its too time consuming and stressful!!!! HELP!!
    Art is scary, but yeah, all you need is just lots of prep work - do lots and lots of illustrations, of landscapes and cubism, use research with bibliography of other artists - and try a large variety of styles, because you dont get marks for repeating the same thing. Different materials helps too! paint, pencil, pastel. Then do basic design ideas for your final piece, and change it to fit in with your research and prep work - put it under 'Development of Ideas' - examiners like it if you incorporate most of your research into it otherwise it seems like a waste of time. Over the coming months - your entire sketch pad will become like a scrapbook. Like designers use to show people what colours would look best in their house etc. Your sketchpad has to look mad and flamboyent to keep in with your own style - like, I dunno, a diary. Yes, thats the best way to put it, a diary! You've to do like, Week One - so and so, week two, so and so. Thats probably all I can say really. Hope it helped!

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt really matter what heading u choose cos u can interpret n e of them in what u like to do.. thats what i always do anyway. personally i like the idea 'difference'. btw what board r u doin?? cos wen i did gcse we only got one title.. i think it was 'beginning'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    it doesnt really matter what heading u choose cos u can interpret n e of them in what u like to do.. thats what i always do anyway. personally i like the idea 'difference'. btw what board r u doin?? cos wen i did gcse we only got one title.. i think it was 'beginning'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    hi im a mature student and im in preparation time 4 my exam and im so confused ive chose differences but feel im getting myself in knots lorraine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tutu2K3)
    Art is scary, but yeah, all you need is just lots of prep work - do lots and lots of illustrations, of landscapes and cubism, use research with bibliography of other artists - and try a large variety of styles, because you dont get marks for repeating the same thing. Different materials helps too! paint, pencil, pastel. Then do basic design ideas for your final piece, and change it to fit in with your research and prep work - put it under 'Development of Ideas' - examiners like it if you incorporate most of your research into it otherwise it seems like a waste of time. Over the coming months - your entire sketch pad will become like a scrapbook. Like designers use to show people what colours would look best in their house etc. Your sketchpad has to look mad and flamboyent to keep in with your own style - like, I dunno, a diary. Yes, thats the best way to put it, a diary! You've to do like, Week One - so and so, week two, so and so. Thats probably all I can say really. Hope it helped!
    hi im really confused with mine and ive not much time to get it sorted my art work is good but im a mature student and im struggling on development side and feel everyone else is doing great with theres
    lu lorraine

ReputationRep:
    yeh i find developments hard too - but thankfully for GCSE ur developments dont have to be complex... well relative to alevel n e way
    make sure u do quite abit of written work tho - make sure u explain what ur developing and why ur choosing to develop it.
    sry for being pretty useless, but its hard to give advice w/out knowing what ya research looks like and what actual subject matter ur doing

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks to everyone who posted messages for me you have all been really helpful. I have decided to go for landscapes and have started with my prep. Keeping my sketchbook like a "diary" has been great and helped me organise my thoughts. (thanks to tutu2k3 for that idea) and to anyone else who is having problems with their ideas organise your sketch book like: research first, then observational studies, design ideas, design develpoment, final design, then refer back to yuor research. I'm finding this method to be really useful. And if your not sure about the question my advice is go with your gut instinct and if their is any aspects of other questions you like then incorporate it with your designs, after all you can interprit the questions however you like. I have also noticed their is quite a stong emphasis on cultures in the questions , so bear that in mind whilst doing prep!!! Thanks again to everyone you've been alot of help!! chloe_04

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.