Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    English Language! -.-

ReputationRep:
    English Language. The teacher put up posters for us to analyse every lesson and never marked them, we watched the Reggae Reggae Sauce Dragon's Den clip as it was a 'linguistic masterpiece' and analysing texts whilst naming about 50 different types of verb and their effect on an audience was my definition of Hell. Needless to say I dropped it before the first half-term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    I don't regret taking maths, but I'm not enjoying it and don't think I can drag myself through another year of it for the full A-level. I debated keeping it to get four full A-levels but I think I'd rather devote the time spent in maths to the three sciences next year instead.
    drop maths! not many unis even look at a fourth a level (if they want ABB and you get BBBB some still might not accept you) and unless you have a natural talent A2 maths takes a lot of extra time! you need to learn 20+ trigonometric identities just for C3 by heart so I'd say just leave it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanna3006)
    drop maths! not many unis even look at a fourth a level (if they want ABB and you get BBBB some still might not accept you) and unless you have a natural talent A2 maths takes a lot of extra time! you need to learn 20+ trigonometric identities just for C3 by heart so I'd say just leave it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only reason I really debated keeping maths on is 'cause I've considered engineering as a career. But yeah, you're right, I'd rather put the maths effort into getting three really good grades. Plus apparently we do mechanics next year and I struggled enough through that in physics [having to resit it ], so off it goes. I thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    The only reason I really debated keeping maths on is 'cause I've considered engineering as a career. But yeah, you're right, I'd rather put the maths effort into getting three really good grades. Plus apparently we do mechanics next year and I struggled enough through that in physics [having to resit it ], so off it goes. I thank you
    yeah mechanics is just as physics but harder so it does get quite difficult
    good luck in with whatever you choose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Psychology, had I known I would have to memorise 20+ psychologists names and studies I would definitely not of chose it, too much work for so little respect.

ReputationRep:
    History for sure. Although i loved learning about it and found it so interesting it just took up sooooo much time and I could never really get the essay structure right and our teachers were no help :') glad i dropped it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackJack)
    English Lit. I love English but the marking frankly is a shambles.
    Couldn't agree more...AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Politics I just have no interest in it

ReputationRep:
    History. There's a ridiculous amount of work required and it takes up so much of my time, especially now at A2.

ReputationRep:
    Biology - bad idea without chemistry

ReputationRep:
    I guess I regret taking Biology.

All that interesting stuff I memorized and for some reason I can't remember any of it, it seems like a waste.
    In contrast, I can remember most of the stuff from the English and Humanities subjects I took.

I wish I had taken History instead!

ReputationRep:
    History, ALOT of content, Hard exam, not relevant in most occupations

ReputationRep:
    For me it was AS-level Maths, I just about managed to scrape an A (80.3% recurring, woo!) after SO much work (doing the Statistics module felt like it was two subjects rolled into one). The workload was intensified even further through having a not-so-brilliant teacher in comparison to another class who had the teacher who's credited with being the best teacher in the school (the majority were hitting above 90%), who I would've had if I had of opted for the Mechanics module. Had to drop it or I would've driven myself to an early grave. Raging! I've began recently wishing that I had of chosen Spanish instead so I could have carried on with 4 A-levels too. I like to complain...

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry. Spent too much time trying to pass that i neglected my other subjects and didn't even pass in the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    History - i loved it at GCSE but at A level i had really uninspiring teachers and so it just got in the way of the subjects of needed for Medical School.

ReputationRep:
    Geography was horrifically boring, especially AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTashax)
    Pretty self explanatory really, just wondering if anyone is similar to me
    i regret taking further maths

ReputationRep:
    Drama
    Loved it in GCSE but at A level we got a new teacher, didn't like the people in my class and they plays we did were extremely dull
    Dropped it but was too late to pick up another subject :/

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.