The Student Room Group

A-levels you regret taking and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
It seems pretty loved at my school, but geography. It's such a pain in the backside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
biology is ****

do yourselves a favor and don't take it

peace out home dawgs
BIOLOGY!!! Should have taken further maths instead :frown:

The syllabus for biology is too vast relative to other subjects, notes, notes, notes...
Computer Science. My teacher is the biggest idiot I've ever seen a quote from him. "If it says your quality of writing will be assessed, use bullet points".
Reply 284
Philosophy and Ethics. I was aware before choosing it that it would be very different to GCSE but it's so hard!
Original post by Rumaanaa
ENGLISH LANGUAGE!frikkin subjective/pointlessly technical a-level to have ever existed.

Are you doing AS? I HATED AS, I mean I absolutely detested it, I just could not get my head around it at all and finished with 2 Cs. I have now just finished my A2 and it's such a huge contrast, I've absolutely loved the course this year and have just finished with 76/80 in my coursework - i'd encourage you to try and keep going! :smile:
Chemistry and Biology

Wish I could just do Maths, Further Maths and Additional Furthermaths for my Alevels

All this rote learning is needless
Definitely Sociology.....just SO BORING! It's literally all just what different Sociologists say about stuff..... yawn. It's actually quite hard too which is why I get annoyed when people misjudge it for being a 'soft' option...
[QUOTE="CanisCanemEdit;42409045"]
Original post by study beats
what do u mean?[/QUOTE

Sorry about that, I was wondering why you regretted picking Further Maths because I picked it for my A-Levels next year.

ya good luck
Reply 289
Chemistry. I thought it would be all logic. Found out that it isn't. There is logic in Chemistry but a lot more rote learning :puke:
Original post by lantern
Chemistry. I thought it would be all logic. Found out that it isn't. There is logic in Chemistry but a lot more rote learning :puke:

I agree with you entirely. It is the bane of my life, looking forward to getting rid of it asap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sociology for me:frown: my other two A2 levels are history and geography and I love them! Wish I had taken another more academic subject!
I regret doing A-levels. End of story.

Why can't I just move to rural China and grow rice all day instead of living in a constant state of stress?

Quick Reply

Latest