Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Probably History, because examiners are subjective. I.e. one teacher gave me an A the other a C.

ReputationRep:
    German. Only subject that regularly makes me cry.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing piece of **** ****ing Psychology. I thought I had the perfect mind to study such an amazing subject but it's bull****. At least, in my school it is.

ReputationRep:
    Physics, I struggle with it so much. I badly want/need a B in it, but it looks like I'll get a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    And me! Hate it so much :'s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had my AS1 mock today and the stress of it alone has made me so run down!! Aaah

ReputationRep:
    Maths. I got a B in it at AS, but only after a couple of months of absolute solid work. It meant nothing else got touched and my grades were a complete train-wreck everywhere else. It wouldn't have been so bad, but while I liked it at GCSE, I absolutely hated the subject at AS. If I'd had to do it for another year I'd have broken down or something. Luckily they let me drop it and carry on with my other three, and with the help of some utterly amazing teachers and a lot of work, I've been pulling my other three AS grades back up. I'm really enjoying both the revision and the A2 courses and am now doing pretty well too

If I could go back to picking my choices for AS again though, maths would definitely not be considered.

ReputationRep:
    Drama and Human Biology.

Human Biology is just so hard. D: I should have known I wouldn't be smart enough to handle it in the first place, an A at GCSE is basically nothing when it comes to A Levels.

Drama. The performances were nerve-wracking and the rehearsals were way too time consuming. And I don't like what we're doing now. It kind of just shows how much I don't know about Drama. And I got an overall D last year! (Most people did, but still, I dropped an AS with a solid B to continue. D: )

And I picked up Environmental Studies AS after I dropped a subject. It's a total bore. Should have picked up Law instead when I had the chance.

If I could do it again, I would still keep Psychology (I will always love psychology) but I would do Law, Sociology and Tudor History. I might have ended up dropping Tudor History and picked up something like an ABC language. That would have been my perfect 2 years at College.

ReputationRep:
    English Lit. good lord it takes up sooo much time. I used to love reading before but you don't have time to do anything if you take English Lit. Also, you can't really "revise" for it if that makes sense, you either know it or you don't which really sucks

ReputationRep:
    History. I don't find it as interesting as I thought I would, but I have one rubbish teacher who know one can stand. I decided to just take 3 AS instead of 4, so I'm still deciding whether to drop it and pick another up in A2 to have 2 A2 and 2 AS overall History is only as good as your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    I regretted choosing Spanish AS, waaay too hard if you haven't got a mind programmed for languages; plus the twice weekly essays were just the stuff of nightmares! Much happier now in A2 with my Chemistry, Biology and Maths :P

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, definitely.
    I just hate it. It's difficult, it's time-consuming, it's boring... and it's completely irrelevant (as in, for what I want to do at uni. Which is English Lit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad_moose)
    English Literature. Quite a few of the texts we have studied have been dry and uninteresting, and the teaching hasn't been brilliant. I don't feel like I've been taught how to improve my writing from GCSE standard, it's just been expected that I get better at it. Most of the feedback the teachers give is just arguing against your opinion (which is quite unhelpful because you can't exactly write about an opinion that you don't hold)I just don't feel confident in my ability to go and sit an exam and know exactly what I'm going to do. At GCSE I had a standard set of techniques and concepts that I knew I needed to include in my writing, but it's a lot more vague this time round. Not enjoying it at all.
    I see someone else before you said the same thing. And I soo soo agree! I was really good at GCSE and got A star. But at Alevel I was really disappointed. First because of the texts which is kind of your luck of what you study but then the attitude which was that you had to automatically improve yourself. Although i love English literature but I think i should have kept it as a hobby because as a subject in class, it was not a good experience. Also i could not cope doing it with my other science subjects because it takes up a lot of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fattysaid)
    English Lit. good lord it takes up sooo much time. I used to love reading before but you don't have time to do anything if you take English Lit. Also, you can't really "revise" for it if that makes sense, you either know it or you don't which really sucks
    I agree 100%. Very time-consuming but i still love it otherwise. I just love literature but regret taking it as a subject

ReputationRep:
    A2 History. So much to memorise.

ReputationRep:
    Biology. Boring and totally irrelevant to the course I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    English Lit. I love English but the marking frankly is a shambles.

ReputationRep:
    All of them to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Physics, it's very difficult and un-needed to get into medicine, I wish I picked something much easier, if I don't get into medicine it will be down to me picking physics

I have my offers now.

ReputationRep:
    I must agree with English literature, i used to love reading and analysing texts etc but now it feels so time consuming and it kind of drags! Ive found that It's hard to revise for the exam, probably because i don't really know what or how to revise all the texts, poems and dramas i have read! It's funny that even though I've said all this I've still applied to do it at university!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physics.

ISAs bring everyone down atleast a grade (we are one of the few schools who refuse to cheat on them so everybody suffers due to extortionately high grade boundaries) and the mark schemes are incredibly pedantic in regard to significant figures, rounding etc...

Just generally impossible to get a good grade; I would say everybody in my class (bar one) is atleast 1 grade below they are academically
    capable of achieving...

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.