Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Economics, so boring, its incredible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Psychology... Should of kept economics
    Nah, the economics A level is terrible. I got a solid A and I still know nothing about economics.

ReputationRep:
    German. Only one in my year who does it, stuck with one teacher for 5 hours and 20 mins a week, and all lessons are done over two days so that means quadruple and quintuple German, just me and the teacher. I ask myself why I chose it everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    ****ing piece of **** ****ing Psychology. I thought I had the perfect mind to study such an amazing subject but it's bull****. At least, in my school it is.
    ^ this. Psychology lures you in because you think 'ooh something new and something about the brain how exciting'. No. Lessons are boring, the content is tedious and few universities care for it. Don't do it!

Nobody has mentioned geography thus far :') it's a great a-level...you won't regret that choice!!

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound weird, but Business Studies was my most dreaded and difficult subject. I found it so hard. In terms of UMS I did way better in Chemistry and Maths because my mind works that way so to do such a wordy subject was difficult and boring!

ReputationRep:
    psychology. literally the biggest waste of time ever. i could rant for ages about how useless it is..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All of them.

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading through the thread and noticed the subjects I picked some of you lot hated. Can somebody give me advise on chemistry & maths... What don't you like about it ? Such as the mathematics involved. Are there any internet revision sites you use often for that subject ? Because I'm glad I've not fallen into the trap of pphysiology, I was llike yeah new topic but its not for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    I was just reading through the thread and noticed the subjects I picked some of you lot hated. Can somebody give me advise on chemistry & maths... What don't you like about it ? Such as the mathematics involved. Are there any internet revision sites you use often for that subject ? Because I'm glad I've not fallen into the trap of pphysiology, I was llike yeah new topic but its not for me.
    I take chemistry, and I did take maths at AS.

Maths... is very difficult. It's difficult, and I'd say if you're anything less than passionate about it it's also very boring. I was good at maths at GCSE and I liked it alright, but A-level maths is... Just don't take it if you don't REALLY like it.

Chemistry I like. It's hard, and there's a lot of formulas and mechanisms and stuff like that which you really just need to memorise, but once you get through AS... now that's fun. Especially as there's a lot more time for teachers to slow down and really go into it (there's a lot less content-wise at A2). There's quite a bit of maths in chemistry, but it's nothing you need A-level maths in.

You really just need to ask yourself a few questions:
    - How much do I like these subjects?
    - How much do I need these subjects?
    And
    - Am I ready for the workload? (It might seem like there's not much, and then you get to January and go "oh crap!"... at A-level - especially with the sciences and maths you really need to be putting in a lot of hours of revision. And I'm not just saying science because that's all I take, I take a humanity too :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jahlila)
    I take chemistry, and I did take maths at AS.

Maths... is very difficult. It's difficult, and I'd say if you're anything less than passionate about it it's also very boring. I was good at maths at GCSE and I liked it alright, but A-level maths is... Just don't take it if you don't REALLY like it.

Chemistry I like. It's hard, and there's a lot of formulas and mechanisms and stuff like that which you really just need to memorise, but time for teachers to slow down and really go into it (there's a lot less content-wise at A2). There's quite a bit of maths in chemistry, but it's nothing you need A-level maths in.

You really just need to ask yourself a few questions:
    ll I take, I take a humanity too :P)
    I like the concept of maths, but I haven't covered much a star stuff like competing the square. I'm still in yr 11 so I can still go though it

ReputationRep:
    Accounting.
    Realised that a massive salary means nothing if you don't have passion for your job.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    English.

I just couldn't feign an interest in writing ideas that I blatantly knew the author never meant.

ReputationRep:
    Chemisty!! I know some people enjoy it, but to me it was like pure torture. I got nothing out of it at all, and I felt no connection to it nor did I ever enjoy it at as level. I'd enjoyed science at school a lot, but of course gcse's are nothing like A levels. Sitting in a classroom for three hours, listening to my annoying teacher (another thing, my teacher always, always reeked of sweat, he used to cycle to the sixth form every morning for about 3 hours, maybe that it explains things
    ) go on, and on, and on, about moles this, mc delta that, enthralpy that, which colour does this turn, what about this, then bring out huge long winded formulas that for some reason everyone else would seem to be able to solve almost instantly, but I would be completely confused To be honest, most of the time I just ended up completely zoning out of his lessons, I'd be sat there, pretending to be listening, but my mind was really like a million miles away and I was staring into space, probably thinking about what I'd have for dinner that night. I decided to drop it about a months before the exams, and I realized I would never, ever be happy studying medicine for 6 years.

My favourite two subject where definetly English lit and lang and History. I'd never of thought that I'd really enjoy History at A level, at secondary school it's so different and I never chose it for my gcse's. But I loved it. I had a really good teacher for it though, so maybe that helped. But I actually enjoyed all the essay writing, and learning all the interesting history I'd never known. I had thought I was more of a maths/sciency person at school, but I realised the opposite was true at a level for me.

ReputationRep:
    Physics cos it was too freaking hard!!!

ReputationRep:
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE!frikkin subjective/pointlessly technical a-level to have ever existed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast93)
    Chemisty!! I know some people enjoy it, but to me it was like pure torture. I got nothing out of it at all, and I felt no connection to it nor did I ever enjoy it at as level. I'd enjoyed science at school a lot, but of course gcse's are nothing like A levels. Sitting in a classroom for three hours, listening to my annoying teacher (another thing, my teacher always, always reeked of sweat, he used to cycle to the sixth form every morning for about 3 hours, maybe that it explains things
    ) go on, and on, and on, about moles this, mc delta that, enthralpy that, which colour does this turn, what about this, then bring out huge long winded formulas that for some reason everyone else would seem to be able to solve almost instantly, but I would be completely confused To be honest, most of the time I just ended up completely zoning out of his lessons, I'd be sat there, pretending to be listening, but my mind was really like a million miles away and I was staring into space, probably thinking about what I'd have for dinner that night. I decided to drop it about a months before the exams, and I realized I would never, ever be happy studying medicine for 6 years.

My favourite two subject where definetly English lit and lang and History. I'd never of thought that I'd really enjoy History at A level, at secondary school it's so different and I never chose it for my gcse's. But I loved it. I had a really good teacher for it though, so maybe that helped. But I actually enjoyed all the essay writing, and learning all the interesting history I'd never known. I had thought I was more of a maths/sciency person at school, but I realised the opposite was true at a level for me.

looooooooooool.i was exactly like that in my chem lessons too, felt so out of place as everyone seem to know whats goin on and what he was on about!li acc found some of it interesting tho so ddnt drop out until i got a U at AS level,aaah well least i tried :L i wna resit it again and try PROPERLY in my 3rd year of college...not sure if i shud tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumaanaa)
    looooooooooool.i was exactly like that in my chem lessons too, felt so out of place as everyone seem to know whats goin on and what he was on about!li acc found some of it interesting tho so ddnt drop out until i got a U at AS level,aaah well least i tried :L i wna resit it again and try PROPERLY in my 3rd year of college...not sure if i shud tho
    Hey there ? How can I prevent this happening to me ? I'm still in year 11, should I just go over everything I learn about chemistry basics ! Please can you tell Mr:-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    I like the concept of maths, but I haven't covered much a star stuff like competing the square. I'm still in yr 11 so I can still go though it
    Ah. Is it something you're really interested in though? I liked maths, but it wasn't in any way my favourite. If it's not in your top three GCSE subjects, I personally wouldn't take it.

ReputationRep:
    French - sooo difficult and so much work for AS

Music- not sure whether it was just my teacher but a level music killed my love for music, I ended up with a D at AS and had to take a third year to compensate!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually shocked how many people dont like psychology, i love it! but thats me probably being bias for having such a good teacher.

What dont you's like about it?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.