Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Regret Business studies got a D in As levels and still continuing it :/ easily getting As in economics A2 and maths A2 but business is screwing me over -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartdjokovic)
    My school does it kind of weirdly; I'm in Year 12 but cos I'm doing FM I do an A2 module (C3 if that means anything to you) this year and that's the one I'm having problems with, the actual FM bit (FP1) is fine! It's conceptually kind of strange at first (matrices, complex numbers etc.) but it's alright once you get your head round it personally I tend to just use past papers to revise from (not that I've really started revising yet )
    Further maths is much harder than normal maths due to the pace we go at.
    once i learn one chapter in normal maths i learn 2 chapters in further maths.
    I had my jan exams (still in as year) had C1 which i learned in normal then m1and m2 which i learned in further. June exams im learning c2 in normal and C3 + C4 in further. so for me the pace is double the speed and as you can see the modules are also harder.

ReputationRep:
    I really regretted taking music AS it's the hardest A level IMO, I should have picked an easier subject for my 4th

ReputationRep:
    My school does it kind of weirdly; I'm in Year 12 but cos I'm doing FM I do an A2 module (C3 if that means anything to you) this year and that's the one I'm having problems with, the actual FM bit (FP1) is fine! It's conceptually kind of strange at first (matrices, complex numbers etc.) but it's alright once you get your head round it personally I tend to just use past papers to revise from (not that I've really started revising yet )
    im in year 11 & taking my last modular section on geometry. i've not covered anything to do with a star stuff as my target is a A. Still got time to go over it but will i be at a severe disadvantage if i dont understand it completly ?

ReputationRep:
    Design - Course is too intense and the teacher is a cu**. Year is almost over so not too long to wait.

ReputationRep:
    Pe, the theory side is fine but practical is so hard, I've got As in all my exams for pe and other subjects but my practical was C and D, so I only got a B at as, limiting my unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    English Literature. Only one person in the A2 class got over a D grade. I'm now nervous as to what awaits me in my AS exam later this year.

ReputationRep:
    english literature- im a logical thinker so i prefer do better in bio and chem. I find english lit very irrational.

ReputationRep:
    History for sure. AS level was easy, but the A2 coursework is the bane of my existence.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why everyone's being so hard on maths - it's difficult but not impossible! The key is just understanding the mechanics of it, then past papers past papers past papers!!

Maths and Chemistry are my favourites.

Biology is okay - not difficult to understand the concepts it's just a massive load to memorise - Biology AS is basically "How much can you remember in a year".

English literature is the bane of my existence. It completely subjective, you could get a U for what another examiner would mark as an A, there is no way to revise for it and I really regret it. I learnt at A-Level mind works much more math-oriented so i wish id taken further maths or physics instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTashax)
    I do AqaB and i love it tbh, just out of interest what topics do you do for OCR?
    Well we have 2 different exams for research methods, one at AS and one at A2. The A2 one also looks at debates and perspectives.
    At AS, we do Core Studies, looking at the Social, Physiological, Cognitive, Developmental and Individual Differences. We look at 3 studies for each approach (A total of 15). And we also look at the Psychodynamic and Behavioural Persepective. That was a fairly big exam, out of 140. It was amazingly interesting though.

Then at A2, we have Options in Applied Psychology, So we look at a variety of topics and studies under Forensic Psychology and Health Psychology, which is another big exam. There are a crazy amount of Studies to know, I think it's 57. But they're all really interesting and it's not in too much detail like the Core Studies exam.

ReputationRep:
    Law as theres so much to remember especially in A2 and thatI did really badly in AS exams. :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry (luckily I'm only doing it to AS)

Why?

Salters :cry2: :sad: :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    im in year 11 & taking my last modular section on geometry. i've not covered anything to do with a star stuff as my target is a A. Still got time to go over it but will i be at a severe disadvantage if i dont understand it completly ?
    If you're thinking about FM then I would definitely advise learning the A* GCSE stuff - I did FSMQ Additional Maths and C1 in Year 11 and still found Year 12 quite a step up!

ReputationRep:
    If you're thinking about FM then I would definitely advise learning the A* GCSE stuff - I did FSMQ Additional Maths and C1 in Year 11 and still found Year 12 quite a step up!
    thankfully im just doing the standard maths a level. but i will cover it, my mental maths is rubbish though, because when I did the non calc paper i did worse than with a calc.

how can i improve this side of my maths ?

ReputationRep:
    History - I drew the short straw where the class reduced from 15 to 6 in a matter of weeks, damn why did we have to have him! (one of the teacher). Also i realized how boring gladstone/disraeli are.... 3 as subjects now.. great

ReputationRep:
    thankfully im just doing the standard maths a level. but i will cover it, my mental maths is rubbish though, because when I did the non calc paper i did worse than with a calc.

how can i improve this side of my maths ?
    its fine you dont have to be extreamly good so early since your not expected to know it, FM is not hard as-long as you put the time into it at a-levels (same with all other subjects). I only got a B in GCSE but im getting all A's so far in FM. GL enjoy yourself while you are at GCSE xD.

ReputationRep:
    I like the concept of maths, but I haven't covered much a star stuff like competing the square. I'm still in yr 11 so I can still go though it
    You're 3 months from the exam and you still haven't covered all of the GCSE Maths A* Content? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    You're 3 months from the exam and you still haven't covered all of the GCSE Maths A* Content? :eek:
    How should I revise for this gcse unit 3geometry exam when its on 17th june ?

how would you prepare for it ? please can you tell me, because im stuck

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.