Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Who do you think will win the Champions League? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who will win the Champions League?
    Real Madrid
    34.92%
    Dortmund
    12.70%
    PSG
    1.59%
    Juventus
    3.17%
    Galatasaray
    4.76%
    Barcelona
    26.98%
    Bayern
    15.87%
    Malaga
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona clear favorites. As dark horses I would with Juve, their defence is the best in Europe. In a news article in Mundo Deportivo (Barca paper) the Barca players have stated they would least like to meet Juve in the quarters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    When teams try to place nice attacking football against Barcelona they pretty much always get battered, arsenal, on several occasions, being the perfect example. Man utd played Real Madrid, not schalke. Two recognised good players?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 good players? lol. Neither of them have scored a goal for Galatasaray yet and neither of them were on the squad during the group stages. The lead goalscorer in the tournament is a Galatasary player I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    And yet they've made it this far when the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea have failed and they beat MU at Old Trafford.. Their new squad following the January transfer market certainly has the potential to go far. They play appealing attacking football.
    They didn't beat Man Utd at Old Trafford, they lost that game 1-0. They won the game in Istanbul 1-0, a final group game in which Man Utd fielded a second string team as they had been confirmed as group winners.

They undoubtedly have quality in Drogba, Yilmaz, Sneidjer and Selcuk Inan (lovely player to watch) but they're not a better team than Man Utd and Chelsea. They just had a kind draw - finished as runners-up in their group and met a Schalke side which has a had a torrid few months and really can't defend, whilst the group winners Man Utd met Real Madrid.

I'd be very surprised if Galatasaray won it. They're a good team but, bar Semih Kaya, they really can't defend - wouldn't trust them to go to places like Camp Nou and keep it tight. The Schalke match was a case of which team could defend less worse, really.

(Original post by Zerforax)
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Bayern
    Juventus
    Dortmund
    PSG
    Malaga
    Galatasaray

I think that's the order of favourites..
    A lot will now depend on the draw for the QF/SF as one or two teams could easily get a more favourable route to the final.

No point in saying Bayern are favourites if they had to face Barca/Madrid in QF/SF when someone like Juventus might get Malaga/PSG in QF/SF for example.
    Yeah, would go with that. Will be very surprised if the top 3 out of that don't win it. Juventus lack a top-class striker but have one hell of a midfield and defence, difficult to rule them out as well.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to argue against Barcelona/Madrid/Bayern, but after the draw we'll know every team's route to the final and it should be a bit easier to call. Those three are head and shoulders above the rest right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    It's difficult to argue against Barcelona/Madrid/Bayern, but after the draw we'll know every team's route to the final and it should be a bit easier to call. Those three are head and shoulders above the rest right now.
    Cause Bayern's last result really proved themselves unbeatable did it?

ReputationRep:
    Cause Bayern's last result really proved themselves unbeatable did it?
    Both Bayern and Barcelona had an average game (and loss) in one of the legs of the Round 16 - however you can see their quality in them having dominated the other leg to go through - both teams lost 2-0 and still went through, that should make any team wary about facing them.

ReputationRep:
    2 good players? lol. Neither of them have scored a goal for Galatasaray yet and neither of them were on the squad during the group stages. The lead goalscorer in the tournament is a Galatasary player I believe.
    Ronaldo and Burak Yilmaz (Galatasaray) are the two leading scorers. They've both scored eight.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Barca avoid each other until the semi's. The quality of those two games would be out of this world. In terms of who's going to win it, I'm going to say Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find they've both scored one goal. Even if they hadn't what would that matter? Goals are hardly the only think that defines talent. Haha they got out of a group ahead of Cluj and Braga, what an incredible achievement...
    There's always a random player near the top of those lists who'll probably never get there again. They're team is nowhere near strong enough to even have prayer against Barca or Real.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think real but got a serious feeling about juventus. There midfield can match anybodies only place i worry is upfront

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I think real but got a serious feeling about juventus. There midfield can match anybodies only place i worry is upfront
    Nobody's midfield can get anywhere near, let alone match Barcelona's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    I'm hoping Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Barca avoid each other until the semi's. The quality of those two games would be out of this world. In terms of who's going to win it, I'm going to say Madrid.
    You got your wish.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me that thinks Bayern are massively overhyped?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    Is it just me that thinks Bayern are massively overhyped?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, you just think that you're the only one who thinks so

Bayern at their best are terrific, but they've always been prone to "choking" when it counts most.

ReputationRep:
    After the draw, I'd say Real Madrid, Dortmund and Barcelona are going to walk into the Semi-Finals.

I think the only way this could be better is if Manchester United and Manchester City were in the draw, instead of Malaga/Galatasaray.

My predictions for the 1st leg;

Malaga 1-2 Dortmund.
    Real Madrid 4-1 Galatasaray.
    PSG 1-3 Barcelona
    Bayern 2-2 Juventus

ReputationRep:
    Madrid will win it mark my word.

ReputationRep:
    I voted for Galatasaray, with the way Yilmaz is scoring and their home ground being able to create such a ferocious and intimidating atmosphere, I'm going for the underdog.

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infused)
    I voted for Galatasaray, with the way Yilmaz is scoring and their home ground being able to create such a ferocious and intimidating atmosphere, I'm going for the underdog.
    And when Madrid trounce them won't you feel a little bit silly? It annoys me slightly when people route for the underdog because when they end up losing they don't look bad for supporting them but when, on the rare occasion, they win the people who backed them are always saying "I told you so"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Dortmund, that would be a victory for football.

I'll go with Dortmund, they have a chance, they're one of the best counter attacking sides I've seen.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.