Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Irecently applied for accommodation and applied for Central village. I tried todo as much research as possible considering I live far away but recently foundout that its next door to Leeds Met, I don’t know how that escaped me. I waswondering if anyone is living there and what they think? I want easy access tothe campus to be able to use the swimming pool and nightclubs, is this easy todo?

ReputationRep:
    I've been there once but never been into the place itself. However, I can say it's extremely easy to get to the campus because it's basically on it's doorstep, I'm surprised it's not classed as on campus. I've applied for CV myself, and I'd suggest going to the Accommodation Open Day on the 27th of April. That's what I'm going to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaunR)
    I've been there once but never been into the place itself. However, I can say it's extremely easy to get to the campus because it's basically on it's doorstep, I'm surprised it's not classed as on campus. I've applied for CV myself, and I'd suggest going to the Accommodation Open Day on the 27th of April. That's what I'm going to do!
    I'm going myself as well, I'm also from liverpool. Apparently both cities are really similar in their layout, except Leeds is smaller. Be good to be on the doorstep to the Campus like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaycollins)
    I'm going myself as well, I'm also from liverpool. Apparently both cities are really similar in their layout, except Leeds is smaller. Be good to be on the doorstep to the Campus like.
    Ahh cool, what course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied for Central Village, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmily95)
    I've just applied for Central Village, too.
    What course?

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied to central village as well

ReputationRep:
    Ahh cool, what course have you applied for?
    I've got in for Broadcast Journalism, I've got my place now.

ReputationRep:
    What course?
    Graphic Communications and design

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyW94)
    Irecently applied for accommodation and applied for Central village. I tried todo as much research as possible considering I live far away but recently foundout that its next door to Leeds Met, I don’t know how that escaped me. I waswondering if anyone is living there and what they think? I want easy access tothe campus to be able to use the swimming pool and nightclubs, is this easy todo?
    Central Village is the best accommodation for easy access (in my opinion). It takes under 5 minutes to get to the university gym

ReputationRep:
    It is the BEST place to live in Leeds for Uni/nightlife. I live there now; gym is 4mins away 30seconds from there is uni campus. What's wrong with met? I really have no idea why everyone says things like that.

That aside I have friends in other halls and they all want to live where I live for the location and in all honesty the place is quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim99)
    It is the BEST place to live in Leeds for Uni/nightlife. I live there now; gym is 4mins away 30seconds from there is uni campus. What's wrong with met? I really have no idea why everyone says things like that.

That aside I have friends in other halls and they all want to live where I live for the location and in all honesty the place is quite nice.
    If it's not too much hassle, could you take a few pictures? I understand that the website has a gallery but I want to see what people are actually living in, not the pictures which may be slightly biased.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if there are tv ariel ports in the bedrooms my tvs huge and doesnt look like itll fit anywhere haha

ReputationRep:
    If it's not too much hassle, could you take a few pictures? I understand that the website has a gallery but I want to see what people are actually living in, not the pictures which may be slightly biased.
    Sure! What type of pics do you want? Room/living room/ building ect?

ReputationRep:
    Any pictures would be helpful thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking into central village also! Does anyone know how far it is away from the train station? Also is it far away from the main nightclubs/pubs?

I'm torn between central village and liberty dock, the thing that puts me off liberty dock is how it's a 40 minute walk to campus, and I'm not sure i would really want to get the bus (anxiety issues) but I would save £400-£600 going there.

I'm gonna try and go to the accommodation open day but train tickets are expensive, and my parents are totally against me going to leeds and so won't pay for me or drive me there! Hopefully they will come around to the idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstyy93)
    I'm looking into central village also! Does anyone know how far it is away from the train station? Also is it far away from the main nightclubs/pubs?

I'm torn between central village and liberty dock, the thing that puts me off liberty dock is how it's a 40 minute walk to campus, and I'm not sure i would really want to get the bus (anxiety issues) but I would save £400-£600 going there.

I'm gonna try and go to the accommodation open day but train tickets are expensive, and my parents are totally against me going to leeds and so won't pay for me or drive me there! Hopefully they will come around to the idea
    Its around 10 min walk to the train station (lived there for months now and still get lost )

The MAIN night clubs are on your doorstep really; I've on paid for a taxi once to go to a club called evo. You have O2/oceana/tiger tiger/ revolution/ cockpit/ union/ ect within 7mins of you.

I was the same and only went for central as it was new. Liberty is nice, but far if you don't enjoy walking (buses) the friends that I have living there just complain about the distance from uni/central town.

Train is expensive if your not from London or v close by, could you not take a coach to Leeds? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim99)
    Its around 10 min walk to the train station (lived there for months now and still get lost )

The MAIN night clubs are on your doorstep really; I've on paid for a taxi once to go to a club called evo. You have O2/oceana/tiger tiger/ revolution/ cockpit/ union/ ect within 7mins of you.

I was the same and only went for central as it was new. Liberty is nice, but far if you don't enjoy walking (buses) the friends that I have living there just complain about the distance from uni/central town.

Train is expensive if your not from London or v close by, could you not take a coach to Leeds? :cool:
    Thanks for the info must admit I'm a lot more tempted to go with central village now! Haha I got lost walking from the train station to the campus when I went to the post application visit day and no one seemed to know any directions :P

Are there many pubs near by? I like clubbing but sometimes prefer pubs as it can be more social in terms of actually speaking to people etc

Yeah liberty dock seems to be on it's own, I wouldn't mind the walk at all on an average day, but during the winter with rain, ice and snow I'm not too sure it would be ideal :P

Btw, what is the actual area like? Do you feel safe there?

Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious :P

Never thought about getting a coach there actually! Will defo look into it

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else here applied for central village? what courses did you go for aswell?

ReputationRep:
    As someone from Leeds I can tell you that it's ridiculously close to both universities and the city and you'll be close to the pool too.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.