Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgrace)
    I just got an offer for a large single study at ancaster.. Does anyone know what they are like as I've heard a lot of negative things about Ancaster, is it worth a reallocation?
    I've been allocated Ancaster, and I've been a bit worried too- I haven't actually heard negative things from direct Notts students though so I dunno if people are just being a bit negative about it because its more modern maybe?
    What bad things have you heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    L&W is pretty, nice full-length windows in the dining room and a pretty split-level quad. Quite close to everything too.
    Ah that's good to hear - thank you!
    Do you know roughly how long it takes to walk to the Trent building at all?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahW_x)
    I've been allocated Ancaster, and I've been a bit worried too- I haven't actually heard negative things from direct Notts students though so I dunno if people are just being a bit negative about it because its more modern maybe?
    Ancaster's fine, don't worry

(Original post by Cazza180)
    Ah that's good to hear - thank you!
    Do you know roughly how long it takes to walk to the Trent building at all?
    About 10 minutes or so, bit less if you don't mind going down the hill and coming back up again

ReputationRep:
    Well the ensuites aren't meant to be as good as older halls so I guess the same will apply! Bland rooms I've heard but I can't judge! Also the older halls claim to have much bigger rooms but I guess it can be what you make of it! It's only your first year and we'll be that busy here there and everywhere! I think I may attempt a reallocation but I'm very unsure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgrace)
    Well the ensuites aren't meant to be as good as older halls so I guess the same will apply! Bland rooms I've heard but I can't judge! Also the older halls claim to have much bigger rooms but I guess it can be what you make of it! It's only your first year and we'll be that busy here there and everywhere! I think I may attempt a reallocation but I'm very unsure!
    Otherway round with the ensuites. In older halls they tend to be just a wet room, where as in Ancaster/Cavendish you have a little cubicle for the shower. That's why they get all the banter, because they're more modern. You're right about the rooms being bigger, in Cripps they certainly are. Not that it matters! All halls are great and when freshers experience the Campus 14 event they'll wonder why they worried so much.

ReputationRep:
    It's just silly banter don't worry! It is more modern, which is what students make the banter out of haha.

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to be reallocated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamalbfc)
    Accepted my offer as a firm choice yesterday, should my NTU ID been emailed out to me straight after? If not, how long is the wait? Thanks!
    Hey, I see you've put NTU so I'm guessing from that and your other post in TSR that you're applying for Trent, this thread is for UoN rather than NTU.

Sorry but we probably can't help! :/

ReputationRep:
    Cripps PSB. Whoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duhdiggitybomb)
    Cripps PSB. Whoo
    So jealous Cripps is my favourite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippokrates)
    So jealous Cripps is my favourite!
    Hahah, guess I was just lucky. I haven't even done any research into halls and whatnot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duhdiggitybomb)
    Hahah, guess I was just lucky. I haven't even done any research into halls and whatnot...
    I just saw it on the open day, it's really nice!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer/confirmation letter or whatever for Lincoln Hall, single study. Haven't accepted it yet? I think I visited it on the open day last year (haven't checked through everything), anyone know what it's like? Or anyone going to be living there too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mylonelyangel)
    Me too woohoo single study at Lincoln what are you studying?
    Me three! Hello there! XD

ReputationRep:
    Single study at Cripps here! Just got the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Broadgate Park, standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CongressTart)
    Broadgate Park, standard.
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    Sillitoe Court anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Just been allocate cavendish hall...anyone know anything about it? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna123)
    Just been allocate cavendish hall...anyone know anything about it? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All I know is that it's far away.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.