Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippokrates)
    All I know is that it's far away.
    Haha great! Better get a bike :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know roughly how long it would take to cycle from cavendish to qmc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a 25 minutes walk from willoughby which is next door to cavendish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippokrates)
    It's a 25 minutes walk from willoughby which is next door to cavendish.
    Oh right, okay. Could be worse I suppose! Thanks that's helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerlePerle)
    Same here.
    What are you planning to study?

ReputationRep:
    Just accepted Standard BGP. En-suite's were gone by the time I applied, and didn't get the Standard Large I wanted but I don't really care
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you go the flat(ish) way, it'll be about 12 minutes, if you gas it up the hill less than 10 Bring a good lock, there's stanchions outside the QMC footbridge but no shed or anything (also worth butting a plastic bag over the saddle with an elastic band in case it rains, made that mistake once and had to go to dinner with soggy trousers )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meldon94)
    Me three! Hello there! XD
    Yay! Hello what are you studying? Have you joined the facebook group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    If you go the flat(ish) way, it'll be about 12 minutes, if you gas it up the hill less than 10 Bring a good lock, there's stanchions outside the QMC footbridge but no shed or anything (also worth butting a plastic bag over the saddle with an elastic band in case it rains, made that mistake once and had to go to dinner with soggy trousers )
    Haha thanks I'll bear it in mind! Bet that was very traumatic for you.
    And are there places to keep bikes near the halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks I'll bear it in mind! Bet that was very traumatic for you.
    And are there places to keep bikes near the halls?
    Yep, each hall has its own bike shed which locks - you can get a key for a small (~£10) deposit from reception. There are covered bike racks around campus, and plenty of stanchions and lampposts and things.
    Bring a solid lock (heavy-duty chain or a D-lock, not one of the coiled wire jobs) and if it's worth much get insurance - I haven't had problems so far, but the stack of front wheels in the security office recovered after their corresponding bikes were nicked speaks wonders :rolleyes: (if you lock your bike just through the wheel, you're asking for it really...). Also, security can fine you up to £200 if you're riding on campus without lights after dark so it's worth bringing some!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, each hall has its own bike shed which locks - you can get a key for a small (~£10) deposit from reception. There are covered bike racks around campus, and plenty of stanchions and lampposts and things.
    Bring a solid lock (heavy-duty chain or a D-lock, not one of the coiled wire jobs) and if it's worth much get insurance - I haven't had problems so far, but the stack of front wheels in the security office recovered after their corresponding bikes were nicked speaks wonders :rolleyes: (if you lock your bike just through the wheel, you're asking for it really...). Also, security can fine you up to £200 if you're riding on campus without lights after dark so it's worth bringing some!
    Ok, cool. That's really helpful, thanks very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for St Peters Court?
    Ive only visited the uni once! Didn't get to see too much of the accommodation!
    But looked online and St Perters Court seems within my budget & reasonable! Anyone seen it? Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mylonelyangel)
    Yay! Hello what are you studying? Have you joined the facebook group?
    Yeah I joined it yesterday, we may have already spoken XD I'm studying English with Creative Writing

ReputationRep:
    Just confirmed my single study at Lincoln Hall, woo!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether its a good or bad thing that my hall has a mix cafe in it rather than a standard bar?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if there is such thing as a waiting list for a certain accomodation?
    and what are your chances of certain accomodation becoming free later on?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazza180)
    Does anyone know whether its a good or bad thing that my hall has a mix cafe in it rather than a standard bar?
    Good Mix bars are open every day of the week and for longer than the hall bars, plus they do nibbles and meals too.

ReputationRep:
    Good Mix bars are open every day of the week and for longer than the hall bars, plus they do nibbles and meals too.
    Is there a Gym specifically for BGP or do you have to go elsewhere?

Because I can't find any information on there being one for BGP

Thanks.
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Is there a Gym specifically for BGP or do you have to go elsewhere?

Because I can't find any information on there being one for BGP

Thanks.
    Not that I'm aware of, you're literally less than 10 minutes from the uni park gym though

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome, thanks!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.