The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by jessica_a_wells
Is there somewhere we can go to look at photos of the Nottingham Halls? I haven't applied for my accommodation yet and am getting worried!

The SU website has a smallish section on each of the halls; street view is also pretty good. If you're really really desperate I've got a day off tomorrow so I could cycle round campus and take pics of everything?
Also, you'll want to get on with applying, some room types have already gone!
(edited 11 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 441
Original post by jessica_a_wells
Is there somewhere we can go to look at photos of the Nottingham Halls? I haven't applied for my accommodation yet and am getting worried!

You don't get a choice of the hall you want to stay in, really. You apply to a campus, University Park, Jubilee Campus etc, and then your room choice: en-suite, shared en-suite, single study, shared study etc and a back up room choice. So I'd apply quickly if I were you, because when I applied last week, the only rooms left were single study, shared study, shared bedrooms (University Park). Once they make you an offer, you can check out if you like the hall or not before confirming :smile:
Hey guys :smile:

If you've insured your offer, do you still apply for accommodation!?

Oh nuts!
Reply 443
alex193
If you're really really desperate I've got a day off tomorrow so I could cycle round campus and take pics of everything?

Is that too much to ask? :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Meldon94
You don't get a choice of the hall you want to stay in, really. You apply to a campus, University Park, Jubilee Campus etc, and then your room choice: en-suite, shared en-suite, single study, shared study etc and a back up room choice. So I'd apply quickly if I were you, because when I applied last week, the only rooms left were single study, shared study, shared bedrooms (University Park). Once they make you an offer, you can check out if you like the hall or not before confirming :smile:

Wooaaahhh is that seriously all they have left now!?

I'm so glad I got in there early then!!
Reply 445
Original post by bheyev
Is that too much to ask? :biggrin:

Well it'll give me an excuse to not revise anatomy at any rate... I'll stick them up here tomorrow evening sometime, keep your eyes peeled :smile:
Original post by alex193
The SU website has a smallish section on each of the halls; street view is also pretty good. If you're really really desperate I've got a day off tomorrow so I could cycle round campus and take pics of everything?

I think it's worth bringing up to those of authority at Nottingham and whoever is in charge of halls that they really should provide pictures of each halls interior and exterior on their website for prospective students. I can't even get a good picture of what Lenton & Wortley is like because there's no good quality photos anywhere and when you type it in Google other halls come up. Also because it's up a hill, Google Street View doesn't go up there so I can't see what it's like :frown:
Original post by alex193
Well it'll give me an excuse to not revise anatomy at any rate... I'll stick them up here tomorrow evening sometime, keep your eyes peeled :smile:

You poor thing! You do so much for us :colondollar: :embarrassed:
Reply 448
Original post by emilypsychology
I think it's worth bringing up to those of authority at Nottingham and whoever is in charge of halls that they really should provide pictures of each halls interior and exterior on their website for prospective students. I can't even get a good picture of what Lenton & Wortley is like because there's no good quality photos anywhere and when you type it in Google other halls come up. Also because it's up a hill, Google Street View doesn't go up there so I can't see what it's like :frown:

The rooms are pretty much the same in each hall, it's just the exterior and bars and stuff that vary slightly. I've put some pics of the interior of Sherwood on pages 2 and 9, and I'll drag myself round campus and get some exterior shots for you too :smile:

Original post by EMassey
You poor thing! You do so much for us :embarrassed:

Hah, hopefully one of you will continue next year - I'm just telling you guys the things I wish I'd known when I was applying last year :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 449
Anyone going St Peters Court ?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex193
The rooms are pretty much the same in each hall, it's just the exterior and bars and stuff that vary slightly. I've put some pics of the interior of Sherwood on pages 2 and 9, and I'll drag myself round campus and get some exterior shots for you too :smile:

Aren't you very kind, clearly you're an asset to the University of Nottingham :wink:
Reply 451
It's a shame that the only picture of Hu Stu i can find is the front of the building... Is there anywhere with more pictures?
Reply 452
Can i be put on waiting list for Broadgate park, en suite accommodation ? If so, can someone please tell how to do so! Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 453
Original post by bheyev
It's a shame that the only picture of Hu Stu i can find is the front of the building... Is there anywhere with more pictures?

Check back tomorrow evening, I'm going to go round campus and spam photos of everything :smile:
Original post by alex193

Thanks for the tip - will check them out! Don't worry about taking pics for me tomorrow although it is very kind of you to offer, most people have said wherever you are you will enjoy it anyway :smile:
Have only just firmed Nottingham and am trying to sort accommodation but it seems to be taking forever for the portal to process that I have made it my firm!
Original post by Meldon94

Oh god! I really wanted an ensuite as well! I've heard you can ask to go on a wait list though? Do you know how many people typically share a bathroom? Trying to sort accommodation but the portal hasn't processed that I've firmed my offer yet...!
Original post by Lukestar
Anyone going St Peters Court ?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :biggrin:
Reply 457
Anybody know anything about Hugh Stewart? Pretty happy that I'm in there :smile: what are the single studies like?
Reply 459
Original post by EMassey
Wooaaahhh is that seriously all they have left now!?

I'm so glad I got in there early then!!

Yeah, a lot of the rooms went so quickly! I would have been able to apply for accommodation in December or January, but Warwick University just kept taking ages to reply to me, and so by April time I just gave up, withdrew my application and then chose Nottingham and straight away applied for accommodation. I'm more than happy with my room choice, but I was surprised to see that even the large single studies had gone! XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending