Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phwack)
    I didn't get to see it either, though I had a quick peek on Google :P

I'm doing English Lit and German! How about you?
    Hmm good idea, I'll be having a peak at google!

Awesome! I'm doing history. What's your grade requirements?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Broadgate. I've had a confirmation email saying that they're passing my details on to Broadgate Park accommodation, but I haven't had an offer. I applied on 1st March. Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlesanaWill)
    I applied to Broadgate. I've had a confirmation email saying that they're passing my details on to Broadgate Park accommodation, but I haven't had an offer. I applied on 1st March. Is this normal?
    Yes, it's a site not directly owned by the University thus it takes slightly longer, but considering it's the largest off-site campus I believe and they've confirmed your details have been passed over it shouldn't be too long until you get an offer. Highly likely you'll have your first choice room type if you applied on the first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Hmm good idea, I'll be having a peak at google!

Awesome! I'm doing history. What's your grade requirements?
    Honestly, the results are a bit rubbish :P I got a bit excited when I saw the first one, then realised it was Florence Boot! Rubbish Google :rolleyes:

Well, I applied with my grades already (AAB) so I got an unconditional what are yours?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    In case you haven't seen it already, the SU website has a nice little summary of all the halls
    http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/getinvolved/yourhall/

ReputationRep:
    I got rutland en-suite.

Pretty exciting that next year i will be involved in this 'friendly' banter.

Should be a laugh!!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Yes, it's a site not directly owned by the University thus it takes slightly longer, but considering it's the largest off-site campus I believe and they've confirmed your details have been passed over it shouldn't be too long until you get an offer. Highly likely you'll have your first choice room type if you applied on the first.
    Thanks hope so.

Loads more people seem to have applied to catered halls. What is the proportion of catered to self catered people? I would've thought more would be self catered but maybe I'm wrong.

Sent via TSR Android app
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    So many Rutland people!
    Couple of things I forgot to mention earlier;
    - there's a massive Tesco's about 20 minutes walk away in Beeston for if you want to stock up on food or lash, it's a lot cheaper than the SU shop
    - in the Portland building, there's our very own on-campus nightclub, The Den; always good fun on Saturdays, and there's comedy nights, live gigs (we had Bastille come and play a few weeks ago!), celeb visits (the entire cast of Fresh Meat last week) and so on
    - also in Portland is Mooch, a pub / restaurant that's nice to go to for a more civilised meal
    - there's a porter / concierge in each hall who looks after the day to day running of things - they're pretty good with fixing stuff, my chair broke and they replaced it the same day. The damage deposit it £50, but they don't penalise you for routine maintenance
    - you have hall tutors, normally PhD students, who live in the hall and they're there to help you with the welfare side of stuff. The warden is in charge overall, but we only really see ours at dinner!
    - there is a noise curfew at 11, which sounds worse than it is - as long as you don't have music blaring and you're not running around screaming, people don't really mind. They tend to enforce it more during exam periods, and they can fine you, so beware! Most of the time if you're prinking you'll be in the club by 11 anyway so it's not really an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phwack)
    Honestly, the results are a bit rubbish :P I got a bit excited when I saw the first one, then realised it was Florence Boot! Rubbish Google :rolleyes:

Well, I applied with my grades already (AAB) so I got an unconditional what are yours?
    Yeah, I just looked around now, and apparently where Cavendish is, there's a bunch of building blocks lol. We shall hopefully see in the future!

Ah that's awesome, you're guaranteed a place then I need to get AAA, which is certainly doable; but a lot of hard work required.
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just looked around now, and apparently where Cavendish is, there's a bunch of building blocks lol. We shall hopefully see in the future!
    All that construction work is done now, they were building a new building for Humanities. It's rather nice now, there's a big water feature and awnings and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    hei!
    i got an offer for a ensuite room at Lenton and Wortley Hall. Who else got an offer here ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragos)
    hei!
    i got an offer for a ensuite room at Lenton and Wortley Hall. Who else got an offer here ?
    I got an offer on Wednesday for a shared bedroom at Lenton and Wortley Hall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    All that construction work is done now, they were building a new building for Humanities. It's rather nice now, there's a big water feature and awnings and stuff.
    Oh that's awesome then! Are you currently in Cavendish?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for a large single study a couple of days ago, which halls actually have large single studies? I know that Nightingale has about 50% of them, are there any other specific halls for large rooms?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's awesome then! Are you currently in Cavendish?
    Sherwood, but I stayed in Cav for medlink in 2010 (it seems so long ago :eek:). It's nice, I think they've redone the bathrooms from when I stayed judging by the people I've visited!

(Original post by MattTurner4L)
    Applied for a large single study a couple of days ago, which halls actually have large single studies? I know that Nightingale has about 50% of them, are there any other specific halls for large rooms?
    Sherwood has quite a few as well, and I think Derby too.

Some more useful stuff...
    -taxis from the centre of town are £8 to £10 back to uni park (sounds a lot, but they seat 6!)
    -'official' nights out are...
    Monday at Oceana
    Tuesday wherever
    Wednesday at Crisis (Rock City)
    Thursday at Forum
    Friday at Ocean (ultimate cheese, best night of the week )
    Saturday at Rock City
    There's also other pubs and clubs like BZR, Vodka Revolution, Yates', Lloyds, Market Bar, Pitcher and Piano (in a deconsecrated church!)...
    -power supply in the bedrooms is limited to 1200W, so check your hairdryers and everything are rated below this. Don't be 'that person' who trips the fuses
    -no kettles or anything like that in the rooms
    -bizarrely, no fairy lights :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for cripps hall! Pretty excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    x
    Cheers! Thanks a lot for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Same here! I didn't get a chance to look at it at the open days or the visit day, so meh, I'll wait in eager anticipation

What course are you doing?
    I am going there too! I hope it is nice!!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for accommodation two days ago, just got my offer in, large single study in Florence Boot - holla if you're in the same boat as me!

My girlfriend got put into Nightingale last week too and it means she's only down the road, super exciting times!!

ReputationRep:
    Will there be a facebook group for this?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.