Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RashelW)
    Hi, does anyone know if we have to take a duvet and pillows or just duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases? I'm in Cripps Hall if that helps!
    Yeh you have to take duvet and pillows

ReputationRep:
    If you think you're likely to get cold in the winter months, a double duvet lets you wrap yourself up like a sausage roll tbf :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    Likewise, I am just taking my single duvet with me though eventhough the bed is small double. I tried looking around for small double bedding but can't find some so I might just buy double bedding rather than single.
    Never even thought of using a single duvet but good idea! I've already ordered a duvet from ebay so hopfully it'll be okay when it arrives Excited now, Cripps looks amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurajadex)
    Yeh you have to take duvet and pillows
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RashelW)
    Never even thought of using a single duvet but good idea! I've already ordered a duvet from ebay so hopfully it'll be okay when it arrives Excited now, Cripps looks amazing!
    That is kool . I know right, someone posted a pic of the room on the fb hall group and it looks bigger than I imagined it would be! I have seen it from the outside and it looked awesome! Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    What is the food like in catered halls? Is dining really informal? Or is it like a school canteen?
    What kind of food is on offer for breakfast everyday? Cereal and fruit Etc or cooked? Do they provide drinks too? Like fruit juices etc?

What kind of thing do they do for 'brunch' ? Sandwiches? And salads? Or is it cooked? Are there breakfast cereals at Brunch?

What would an example of the tea menu be? A hot meal like shepherds pie? Etc.

Is there a massive kitchen in each hall - where all the food is cooked and prepared? Or is it brought in already made?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    What is the food like in catered halls? Is dining really informal? Or is it like a school canteen?
    What kind of food is on offer for breakfast everyday? Cereal and fruit Etc or cooked? Do they provide drinks too? Like fruit juices etc?

What kind of thing do they do for 'brunch' ? Sandwiches? And salads? Or is it cooked? Are there breakfast cereals at Brunch?

What would an example of the tea menu be? A hot meal like shepherds pie? Etc.

Is there a massive kitchen in each hall - where all the food is cooked and prepared? Or is it brought in already made?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have a look at this page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/hospital...eredhalls.aspx. It has a sample menu, so you can see kind of what things they offer. Food is made on site, each catered hall has a kitchen and dining hall. I'm not really sure if you could call the meal times "formal", but you do eat together with other students in the hall.

ReputationRep:
    Got accommodation on the 3rd floor of Raleigh Park, anyone else there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnn)
    Have a look at this page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/hospital...eredhalls.aspx. It has a sample menu, so you can see kind of what things they offer. Food is made on site, each catered hall has a kitchen and dining hall. I'm not really sure if you could call the meal times "formal", but you do eat together with other students in the hall.
    Thanks - seems like there is a good selection! Bit like school lunches though :/
    Brunch sounds good at the weekend.. There's no breakfast on that menu? - I'm guessing it's just cereal, fruit and bread!

Also, what about drinks? Do they just provide water? Or is there a selection of juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee Etc do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    Thanks - seems like there is a good selection! Bit like school lunches though :/
    Brunch sounds good at the weekend.. There's no breakfast on that menu? - I'm guessing it's just cereal, fruit and bread!

Also, what about drinks? Do they just provide water? Or is there a selection of juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee Etc do you think?
    I really don't know about drinks, but I'm sure you'll be allowed to have at least tap water! There's a sink in most rooms. And then remember there's the meal card for lunches which you can use anywhere and apparently (according to students I've spoken to) there's enough on it so that if you just get something simple for lunch, you'll be able to use any remaining credit on drinks, snacks etc.

And yeah it will be a bit like school lunches I guess, but that's to be expected right haha? I mean it's hall food produced for hundreds of people at a time. There looks like there is a good variety though and I think it's better than catered halls you can get at some other unis. The most important point is that we won't starve

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if all halls are the same, but for the Jubilee halls there was fruit juice and water to drink and for breakfast there was cereal, fruit and toast every day and usually something hot (bacon sandwich, bagel, eggs, beans, porridge...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OminpotentTeapot)
    Wow, looks like I'm the only one at Albion House...

(Original post by JamesMHirst)
    Nah, you and me will have the run of the place! I've had my place at Nottingham confirmed now, so I'll definitely be taking up a bunk in Albion.

Not sure if I'm reassured or put off by the bars on the ground floor windows on Streetview, but it looks decent enough.
    I'm also in Albion

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from Sillitoe Court Flat 55?

ReputationRep:
    Ii just got an email, saying thank you for your preference for Raleigh Park. I really wanted catered, so I put that down for 5 of my preferences, then Raleigh. But oh well. Does this mean I am in Raleigh then? Or have they maybe made a mistake with my application (I did go through adjustment, so I'm not really that bothered.)

I do need to pick a building or something, I think. But the email is pretty vaguely phrased, so I'm just confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meandmysarcasm)
    Ii just got an email, saying thank you for your preference for Raleigh Park. I really wanted catered, so I put that down for 5 of my preferences, then Raleigh. But oh well. Does this mean I am in Raleigh then? Or have they maybe made a mistake with my application (I did go through adjustment, so I'm not really that bothered.)

I do need to pick a building or something, I think. But the email is pretty vaguely phrased, so I'm just confused.

It sounds like it. You could try contacting the accommodation office ( http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommod...contactus.aspx ) to see if the email is correct and if there's any room in catered accom. They might have some very last-minute cancellations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladynova)
    You are the first person I have come across doing English!
    Haha yay! Have you done any reading yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazza180)
    Haha yay! Have you done any reading yet?
    nope I am too busy reading a song of ice and fire. I saw the reading list tho its huge! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladynova)
    nope I am too busy reading a song of ice and fire. I saw the reading list tho its huge! How about you?
    English students! Hi, I'm English with Creative Writing, and they haven't released our reading list yet, but apparently no one reads them before they get there. But I'm still sceptical about it all XD

ReputationRep:
    American and Canadian History, Literature and Culture International Course... Anyone else out there doing this course? Also, just got given my accommodation info: Roddice Park Flat 23 on the 3rd floor. Block F

ReputationRep:
    I'm an english student too! just started reading wolf hall but havent got very far yet..

I've got an offer for Florence Boot Hall - part en-suite.. does anyone have any pictures of the rooms and stuff or can tell me what its like as I missed looking round it on the open day? :/

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.