ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMrLee)
    21st, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    Does anyone know about what we're not allowed in University Park Halls? I.e are we allowed a kettle? Any specific requirements?

Any electricals not allowed?
    Bottom of the .pdf attached states what you aren't allowed.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf cateredchecklist.pdf (36.9 KB, 334 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Same.
    that's cool, I think one of my flatmates will be there as well as 2/3 from the other flats so at least we won't be loners xD I'm tempted to go out for a cheeky little drink but it depends on money etc as I don't want to blow all my fresher's money straight away.... :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    Bottom of the .pdf attached states what you aren't allowed.
    Thanks. I thought there was a mini fridge in each room?

Hahah how can a kettle take up more power than a TV!? don't get it. I understand about everything else in the pantry - but I want my own kettle for hot drinks and snacks in my room!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)

Hahah how can a kettle take up more power than a TV!? don't get it. I understand about everything else in the pantry - but I want my own kettle for hot drinks and snacks in my room!
    There is a mini-fridge in each room if you're in a catered hall.

I do not know, i'm guessing it's due to a few accidents with boiling hot water?

Here's a Kettle Society if you enjoy kettles and all..

https://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/geti...ety/kettlesoc/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)

Anything that uses heat usually takes up more wattage. For example, I realised yesterday that my hair dryer uses 2000W while the limit in halls is 1200W so I can't take that. My laptop for comparison only uses 65W!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah - I can't take my hair dryer! Great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnn)
    Anything that uses heat usually takes up more wattage. For example, I realised yesterday that my hair dryer uses 2000W while the limit in halls is 1200W so I can't take that. My laptop for comparison only uses 65W!
    Is this all hair dryers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippokrates)
    Is this all hair dryers.
    Check how much watts your hair dryer uses- if it's over 1200, then sadly you can't take it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Check how much watts your hair dryer uses- if it's over 1200, then sadly you can't take it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's 1800 but it's a travel size one so I doubt you can get one less that 1200W. What are we supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    It's 1800 but it's a travel size one so I doubt you can get one less that 1200W. What are we supposed to do?
    Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search...RYER+1200W.htm

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to risk it, I can't afford a new one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to risk it, I can't afford a new one.
    Just to warn you in case, I read somewhere that one person went over 1200W and then all the lights went off or something in his corridor

ReputationRep:
    Just to warn you in case, I read somewhere that one person went over 1200W and then all the lights went off or something in his corridor
    I'm sure I won't be the only one, before this I hadn't even thought to check my hair dryer.

ReputationRep:
    Looking to trade up my en-suite room at Cavendish hall on University Park Campus for a large single study. Can simply ring accommodation and say we want a direct swap. Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I won't be the only one, before this I hadn't even thought to check my hair dryer.
    It is quite absurd tbh- allowing TVs but not hair driers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    How an earth...my hairdryer is just a small travel one and it's 1600W. Heck, my huge guitar amp that i'm not even bringing and have never played at more than 40% of its maximum volume is only 140W! So odd!

ReputationRep:
    My hair-dryer is 1200W.
    How fortunate.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I don't use a hair dryer so don't have to worry about any of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I don't use a hair dryer so don't have to worry about any of this
    was just thinking this xD

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.