Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've got a single study at Florence Boot that I wouldn't mind trading for an Ensuite or large study room on University Park!

If anyone wanted a cheaper room? - in one of the best halls on campus.

Just a thought...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    My hair-dryer is 1200W.
    How fortunate.
    Haha I hate you right now! (Not really :P) My hair is so thick though that I don't think a less powerful hair dryer would work. It already takes me hours to dry it properly....

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the wattage of hair dryers, no one will ever check!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    How an earth...my hairdryer is just a small travel one and it's 1600W. Heck, my huge guitar amp that i'm not even bringing and have never played at more than 40% of its maximum volume is only 140W! So odd!
    Ikr! Mines is quite average sized and it's 2000W

They do have some pretty odd rules- perhaps it's so that there's fair distribution of electricity or something like that?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Ikr! Mines is quite average sized and it's 2000W

They do have some pretty odd rules- perhaps it's so that there's fair distribution of electricity or something like that?
    I guess it's all based on experience ehy..I saw on one unis 'what not to bring' list they put a washing machine. Guess somebody must've actually attempted to fit a washing machine through the door..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    I guess it's all based on experience ehy..I saw on one unis 'what not to bring' list they put a washing machine. Guess somebody must've actually attempted to fit a washing machine through the door..
    Waah :eek:

I think that beats those who send all their dirty laundry back home after a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    Dpes anyone know anything about the contract for halls at university park? I.e what happens if you accept it and then don't want the room anymore for some reason? Is there anyway you would be able to get out of it? Or if you found someone else who wanted the room.... could you swap with them and get them to take the room from you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    Dpes anyone know anything about the contract for halls at university park? I.e what happens if you accept it and then don't want the room anymore for some reason? Is there anyway you would be able to get out of it? Or if you found someone else who wanted the room.... could you swap with them and get them to take the room from you?
    You don't want to be in Florence Boot anymore? And I guess you'd have to phone the accommodation office about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    I would have loved to stay at Florence Boot but I got Raleigh Park instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths999)
    I would have loved to stay at Florence Boot but I got Raleigh Park instead!
    I felt so lucky to have Florence boot - looks like an amazing experience.
    But, I'm a mature student and having second thoughts about catered halls. Thinking I might be suited more to quieter private housing with more space! I'm really worried that halls might be the wrong decision for me and I'll be stuck in a contract!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    But, I'm a mature student and having second thoughts about catered halls. Thinking I might be suited more to quieter private housing with more space! I'm really worried that halls might be the wrong decision for me and I'll be stuck in a contract!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a mature student and catered halls were great for me - I was in halls on Jubilee and only had problems with noise a couple of times - you should be able to call the hall tutor if there's too much noise.

ReputationRep:
    damn ancaster hall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw well if it's the noise you're worried about I completely understand. I have a health condition which means I have to get plenty of sleep and so the noise is also a slight concern for me. Still really looking forward to living in catered halls though. I hope you're happy wherever you end up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnn)
    Aw well if it's the noise you're worried about I completely understand. I have a health condition which means I have to get plenty of sleep and so the noise is also a slight concern for me. Still really looking forward to living in catered halls though. I hope you're happy wherever you end up!
    ditto, ear plugs are one answer.

ReputationRep:
    Derby Hall brah here. Anyone know how many people there is per bathroom usually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazbollah)
    Derby Hall brah here. Anyone know how many people there is per bathroom usually?
    Around 5/6 usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Around 5/6 usually.
    Thanks matey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etuhse)
    Anyone doing Music and/or in Ancaster Hall?
    hey, I'm in Ancaster AND I'm doing music!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    im in ancaster!
    Cool! What are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etuhse)
    Cool! What are you doing?
    philosophy you?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.