Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, What can I do with just one science alone? Since most universities would prefer two science subjects. Does anyone know of any courses that would require Biology along with 2 other A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    You could impress the ladies with your extensive knowledge of the structure of Mitochondria.

But nah it's hit and miss. I kinda looked into it as a second option to Music. There are courses around that are Biology-related and only require the 1 science A-Level in Biology, however most of them are based at let's say, not the most reputable of universities... But I have no idea what the courses are like because I didn't go to any open days for biology!
    Just have a look around dude, google it, that's what I did.
    Also I think you may be able to do something like forensics... I'm not entirely sure though.

Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there are many universities that will offer a biology course without two sciences or one science and maths. I don't know what your other a levels are but some universities count psychology as a science?

Other than that, you could look around at similar courses that aren't strictly biology? I know the human sciences course at UCL can be very biology orientated (it basically allows you to choose about half of your modules a year from any module offered by the biosciences).

ReputationRep:
    My friend decided he wanted to do Chemistry at university, but has only taken one science subject at AS and A level. He has taken up AS Biology as a lot of the Chemistry departments (he told me) required at least one other science to AS level. He has offers from 4 out of his 5 choices for chemistry.

So maybe it's worth taking an AS level in another science to try and broaden your options? You could take AS further maths and get a full A level in a science subject within a year?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.