Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Declan)
    I've had my S3 mini for a while now and it's been great :P So much better than my old cheap htc wildfire, not sure what more expensive htc's are like but my wildfire wasn't great.
    The Wildfire was a mess. Awful phone.

ReputationRep:
    I have the gs3 and my upgrade is next year. The new HTC one seems interesting.

What would you guys say are the main advantages the gs4 has over the HTC one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering getting the S4, I've been using the Samsung Galaxy S for... Too long. Too long. While I've wanted to upgrade for a while, the contact prices seem like a total rip off. Like I don't even have any option to choose less minutes and text. I mean, I don't really need 5000mins and unlimited text. So I stuck wit my GS, and went on a monthly sim only. The plus side of having an old phone is the countless times I've lost it, no one has been interested in stealing it, gonna miss that. But I digress.

I'm considering Three's contract option for £35- 24-months. Simply because it's the cheapest, and no money needs to be paid upfront like with the other networks. Would it be wise to go with them? Don't think I'd have much need for 4G at this moment in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I'm considering getting the S4, I've been using the Samsung Galaxy S for... Too long. Too long. While I've wanted to upgrade for a while, the contact prices seem like a total rip off. Like I don't even have any option to choose less minutes and text. I mean, I don't really need 5000mins and unlimited text. So I stuck wit my GS, and went on a monthly sim only. The plus side of having an old phone is the countless times I've lost it, no one has been interested in stealing it, gonna miss that. But I digress.

I'm considering Three's contract option for £35- 24-months. Simply because it's the cheapest, and no money needs to be paid upfront like with the other networks. Would it be wise to go with them? Don't think I'd have much need for 4G at this moment in time.
    Yea I'm going with that deal as well. They're planning on releaseing their own 4g nework some time this year but without the premium price EE charge for theirs. EE's SG4 deal is £41 month + £80 for the phone for only 1GB of data and can go to £56 a month for 8gb and £71 for 20gb :eek:. From my experience the 3g service on the three is perfectly fine and you'll only probably notice the difference in 4g when watching youtube videos.

I'm currently on the iPhone 4S with three and my contract is about to expire so thought it'd be great to get the SG4. I've owned many IOS devices including the 1st gen ipod touch and currently have an ipad so I thought it eh why not try something new with Android.

Also note, when purchasing the contract, make sure you use cashback sites like quidco or topcashback. I received £110 cashback when taking out my 4S contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    Yea I'm going with that deal as well. They're planning on releaseing their own 4g nework some time this year but without the premium price EE charge for theirs. EE's SG4 deal is £41 month + £80 for the phone for only 1GB of data and can go to £56 a month for 8gb and £71 for 20gb :eek:. From my experience the 3g service on the three is perfectly fine and you'll only probably notice the difference in 4g when watching youtube videos.

I'm currently on the iPhone 4S with three and my contract is about to expire so thought it'd be great to get the SG4. I've owned many IOS devices including the 1st gen ipod touch and currently have an ipad so I thought it eh why not try something new with Android.

Also note, when purchasing the contract, make sure you use cashback sites like quidco or topcashback. I received £110 cashback when taking out my 4S contract.
    Cash back sites are the way forward, I save money everywhere and anywhere.

Anyone got any idea if they think pay as you go will be any cheaper than sim free price of £629.95?

And is the website unlocked-mobiles.co.uk trustworthy? Price of 529.99 is tempting to order from there..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Samsung galaxy S4 has been reduced to £589.99 on amazon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm only willing to pay £530. If it stays at that price I will get the galaxy note 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanghaichica)
    I'm only willing to pay £530. If it stays at that price I will get the galaxy note 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This website, featured on The Next Web tech news website, is selling the S4 for £529.98.

http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim-...e-p-84354.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucky20)
    the iphone 5 is the most overrated, expensive, useless iphone to date.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezaberry)
    Why?
    Well first of all you only have to look at he ridiculously high price, and then the lacklustre and mediocre technology you get for the money. Theres no expandable memory, no replacable battery, and the retina display? Biggest gimmick ive heard of, with phones these days with 1080p screens the ppi is far greater than the iphone 5. Why someone would still by an iphone is beyond me....

ReputationRep:
    Well first of all you only have to look at he ridiculously high price, and then the lacklustre and mediocre technology you get for the money. Theres no expandable memory, no replacable battery, and the retina display? Biggest gimmick ive heard of, with phones these days with 1080p screens the ppi is far greater than the iphone 5. Why someone would still by an iphone is beyond me....
    I have to agree. Technically speaking the iPhone 5 today should be worth no more than £329 when compared to other phones price point on the market. Yet Apple still sell it for £200 more than what it should be today. And by the summer it'll still be £530.

Hell the iPhone 4s should probably be under £250 by now yet still sells at £429.

It costs Apple less than £130 to build/manufacture the iPhone 5 yet they still sell it at a ridiculous amount.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a bit off topic but I think EE, the 4G network are taking the pisss, whats with the ridiculously high monthly line rentals and the low cap on data. If I get 4g I want to use the high bandwith to watch lots of streaming as well as download stuff, rather than be worried if im going over limit. Big gimmick in my opinion, I'll stick to giffgaff for now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    I have to agree. Technically speaking the iPhone 5 today should be worth no more than £329 when compared to other phones price point on the market. Yet Apple still sell it for £200 more than what it should be today. And by the summer it'll still be £530.

Hell the iPhone 4s should probably be under £250 by now yet still sells at £429.

It costs Apple less than £130 to build/manufacture the iPhone 5 yet they still sell it at a ridiculous amount.
    Thank you! Finally someone who shares the same view. Its shocking how many people you see on trains and busses with iphones? Admittedly they do look like a nice bit of kit, but that doesn't in any way justify the ridiculously high price. What phone you using mate?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Finally someone who shares the same view. Its shocking how many people you see on trains and busses with iphones? Admittedly they do look like a nice bit of kit, but that doesn't in any way justify the ridiculously high price. What phone you using mate?
    It's fine if they buy it on release day at standard price or something. But i have friends who are willing to pay £26pm on a 24 month contract for an iPhone 4 today..... The phone is 3 years old..... and they want to pay £26pm? The phone should be worth less than £120 technically speaking, if they had to go with an iPhone it's worth paying the extra fiver a month for the iPhone 5.

And yeh, i agree. The iPhone 5 is great, especially with how fluid and connected iOS is. But i just hate the way apple overcharge for everything and tie you in to their expensive ecosystem. My friends dad wanted to spend £400 on an iPad just to get facetime so he could speak to her when she was at uni.... His and her reasoning was that facetime is free.... how is £400 free!!!! I installed skype on his laptop for free.

I use a Dual Sim phone. Star B92m

• 4.7Inch IPS Display 1280×720
    • 1.0GHz MediaTek MT6577 Dual Core
    • 1GB RAM + 4GB ROM (Up to 32GB Micro SD Card)
    • 12MP Camera (rear) + VGA Camera (Front)
    • Dual Sim/Dual Standby
    • 2000mAh Battery (x2)
    • Android Jellybean 4.1.2

bought it in September last year for £125 including shipping/tax. What's funny is that this is better spec than the iPhone 4S, yet at the time it was £375 less. It runs fast and is great, comparable to the Galaxy S3. Although obviously build and components are cheap. But it hasn't broken yet so i'm happy (touches wood)

And i agree about EE, 4G doesn't have a killer feature yet. It's just faster download speeds, and capped data for £30pm more than a 3G contract. At least Three aren't charging for 4G and giving unlimited data.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair I don't think you can compare the iPhone 5 to the likes of the s4 and HTC one as the iPhone 5 came out last year so a fairer comparison would be with the s3 or the note 2. That said in terms of specs the iPhone 5 is inferior to the other devices of its era, however for some people specs aren't everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when samsang develop a music player as good as the iPod + iTunes THEN I might consider buying a Galaxy get me,for now on im sticking with my iphizzy(iPhone)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    when samsang develop a music player as good as the iPod + iTunes THEN I might consider buying a Galaxy get me,for now on im sticking with my iphizzy(iPhone)
    Have you used poweramp?????

ReputationRep:
    Have you used poweramp?????
    what say you?, what is this poweramp you speak of?

ReputationRep:
    Oh young one, you have much to learn

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ioplayer&hl=en

ReputationRep:
    Oh young one, you have much to learn

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ioplayer&hl=en
    Would you say that's the best music player for mobile? The stock one I have on my S2 is awful, instead of playing the next song in an album, it plays a random one.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.