Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Labour peer Lord Ahmed makes anti-semitic comments Watch

ReputationRep:
    Seems that anti-semitism is making a strong comeback after it went out of fashion following WWII.

Seems like every other week some frustrated gob****e blames the Jews for something or other.

This time the Muslim peer blames Jews for his conviction for dangerous driving in which a person was killed because Ahmed was on the phone whilst driving.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...ard-2013_03_13

On the BBC now
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21783467

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Seems that anti-semitism is making a strong comeback after it went out of fashion following WWII.

Seems like every other week some frustrated gob****e blames the Jews for something or other.

This time the Muslim peer blames Jews for his conviction for dangerous driving in which a person was killed because Ahmed was on the phone whilst driving.

On the BBC now
    Does he not have the right to express what he thinks?

ReputationRep:
    It's people like that fellow that help to keep the belief that there is wide anti-semetic feeling in the Islamic community alive.

And before people say he's just one man, I mean of course that he's a respected professional, was a peer and a pillar of the community, and he spouts the same sort of 'Jewish Conspiracy!' lines as Galloway and countless White Supremacists and neo-Nazis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    Does he not have the right to express what he thinks?
    Would you say the same if someone said those Pakistani's that were part of a rape ring were part of an Islamic Conspiracy?

ReputationRep:
    Islam is well known for it's hostility towards the jews, and thanks to 'enlightened' modern political thought anti-semitism is now a part of the UK's rich cultural tapastry. Diversity, don't you just love it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Would you say the same if someone said those Pakistani's that were part of a rape ring were part of an Islamic Conspiracy?
    If there was a creditable connection, then why not.

The fact that the media is making such a big deal out of what he said, to some extend gives him some credit to what he believes.

Lets be honest, compared to the percentage of jewish people in the US and UK and compared to the large numbers who own and run the media. Some might point out that there is some bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    If there was a creditable connection, then why not.

The fact that the media is making such a big deal out of what he said, to some extend gives him some credit to what he believes.

Lets be honest, compared to the percentage of jewish people in the US and UK and compared to the large numbers who own and run the media. Some might point out that there is some bias.
    There we have it folks.

Sorry, I didn't notice the credible evidence of Jewish Conspiracy. Equally, I suppose because the owners of some media companies are Jewish, that is 'credible' evidence of a 'Jewish Conspiracy' eh?

Well, if that's credible evidence, then bugger me, the Turkish Islamic Kebab House conspiracy near my home is unbelievable, every time someone gets ill from one of their kebabs, it must be part of the Islamist conspiracy!

Think about what you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    There we have it folks.

Sorry, I didn't notice the credible evidence of Jewish Conspiracy. Equally, I suppose because the owners of some media companies are Jewish, that is 'credible' evidence of a 'Jewish Conspiracy' eh?

Well, if that's credible evidence, then bugger me, the Turkish Islamic Kebab House conspiracy near my home is unbelievable, every time someone gets ill from one of their kebabs, it must be part of the Islamist conspiracy!

Think about what you're saying.

I am not saying every Jewish run media runs a conspiracy.
    But there are some Jewish run media that are sympathetic to Jewish causes.

In the same way some media around the world which are run by Muslims will be sympathetic to Muslim causes.

And it is a disgrace how anti semitic card is always used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    I am not saying every Jewish run media runs a conspiracy.
    But there are some Jewish run media that are sympathetic to Jewish causes.

In the same way some media around the world which are run by Muslims will be sympathetic to Muslim causes.

And it is a disgrace how anti semitic card is always used.
    I like how you've changed what you were saying to try and make me look like the bad guy.

Let's reiterate, the Lord said a 'Jewish Conspiracy', which you claimed had 'credible evidence'. Now you have changed your tune to merely say bias, every media outlet has bias, as you rightly point out, that does not make every media outlet guilty of conspiracy. Pick your side, is it conspiracy or bias, because if it is just bias then you must denounce this 'conspiracy' twaddle the Lord span, and if you do believe it is a conspiracy, then you must present more evidence than 'some of the owners are Jewish.'

Claiming there is a 'Jewish Conspiracy' out to get you is anti-semetic. The same way claiming there's a 'Muslim Conspiracy' or a 'Black Conspiracy' out to get you would 'Islamaphobic' or racist. You cannot move the goal posts. A White guy that believes all the black people in power are out to get him is the same sort of thing this 'Lord' is suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    I like how you've changed what you were saying to try and make me look like the bad guy.

Let's reiterate, the Lord said a 'Jewish Conspiracy', which you claimed had 'credible evidence'. Now you have changed your tune to merely say bias, every media outlet has bias, as you rightly point out, that does not make every media outlet guilty of conspiracy. Pick your side, is it conspiracy or bias, because if it is just bias then you must denounce this 'conspiracy' twaddle the Lord span, and if you do believe it is a conspiracy, then you must present more evidence than 'some of the owners are Jewish.'

Claiming there is a 'Jewish Conspiracy' out to get you is anti-semetic. The same way claiming there's a 'Muslim Conspiracy' or a 'Black Conspiracy' out to get you would 'Islamaphobic' or racist. You cannot move the goal posts. A White guy that believes all the black people in power are out to get him is the same sort of thing this 'Lord' is suggesting.
    I am not changing anything, I think I did not word things in detail.

I personally do not like the man, but I think he has every right to express his views. The way the media jumped on what he said, just gives him some credit. He has expressed sympathy towards Palestinians and we all know they is a big lobby group for zionist interests.

another example is....I don't like Ken Livingstone personally, because he is left wing, but he for one is not a anti Semitic, but due to his sympathetic views towards the Palestinians. he has been constantly hounded by some Jewish owned media who call him anti Semitic.

I think you need to watch him.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?hl=en...GB&sa=N&tab=w1

When people are bias they do conspire to defend their views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    I am not changing anything, I think I did not word things in detail.

I personally do not like the man, but I think he has every right to express his views. The way the media jumped on what he said, just gives him some credit. He has expressed sympathy towards Palestinians and we all know they is a big lobby group for zionist interests.

another example is....I don't like Ken Livingstone personally, because he is left wing, but he for one is not a anti Semitic, but due to his sympathetic views towards the Palestinians. he has been constantly hounded by some Jewish owned media who call him anti Semitic.

I think you need to watch him.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?hl=en...GB&sa=N&tab=w1

When people are bias they do conspire to defend their views.
    Well, you have, but perhaps it was a mistake in communication, rather than intent.

Let us be clear, the media jumped on it because it's Muslim Lord making anti-semetic statements. The same way the media jumped on Jack Straw when he made an un-PC statement about the Pakistani Rape Gangs a few years ago. You want to look at an agenda and a view of the media, look at the coverage Chris Hune's case got vs this, when the actual crime commited by Ahmed is far, far worse.

And you're are making assumptions about me, I dislike the 'Anti-semetic' defence usrrounding Israel as much as I hate the 'Islamaphobia' defence that surrounds questioning Islam. However, there is a difference here, in that the suggestion of a Zionist conspiracy dedicated to jailing you is rather more than disagreeing with Israel. Surely you can see that?

You're trying to bring it back to conspiracy. If you want to call bias in the media conspiracy, then every media outlet everywhere is involved in a conspiracy with at least one other to propogate their views. But this is what we commonly call bias when we refer to the media. Stop trying to conflate the two.

ReputationRep:
    It's people like that fellow that help to keep the belief that there is wide anti-semetic feeling in the Islamic community alive.

And before people say he's just one man, I mean of course that he's a respected professional, was a peer and a pillar of the community, and he spouts the same sort of 'Jewish Conspiracy!' lines as Galloway and countless White Supremacists and neo-Nazis.
    Well, I think we should err on the side of caution until we know for definite exactly what he said.

He gave an interview to a Pakistani newspaper and God knows that there are errors in their translating. Just look at the last controversy surrounding his comments about Bush/Blair standing for war crimes. The media all thought he was offering a bounty on their heads when in fact, it later transpired that he wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you have, but perhaps it was a mistake in communication, rather than intent.

Let us be clear, the media jumped on it because it's Muslim Lord making anti-semetic statements. The same way the media jumped on Jack Straw when he made an un-PC statement about the Pakistani Rape Gangs a few years ago. You want to look at an agenda and a view of the media, look at the coverage Chris Hune's case got vs this, when the actual crime commited by Ahmed is far, far worse.

And you're are making assumptions about me, I dislike the 'Anti-semetic' defence usrrounding Israel as much as I hate the 'Islamaphobia' defence that surrounds questioning Islam. However, there is a difference here, in that the suggestion of a Zionist conspiracy dedicated to jailing you is rather more than disagreeing with Israel. Surely you can see that?

You're trying to bring it back to conspiracy. If you want to call bias in the media conspiracy, then every media outlet everywhere is involved in a conspiracy with at least one other to propogate their views. But this is what we commonly call bias when we refer to the media. Stop trying to conflate the two.
    Jack straw was not thrown out of the party for expressing his views and some sections of the media did back him behind the scene.
    People even said good on him for speaking up.

Chris Hune got lot of press because it was a story involving sex, affair, scorned wife after revenge, which people love to read about.

I personally think lord Ahmed got the right sentence in being sent to jail. but that does not mean they was no hint of behind the scene pressure.
    Not saying the judge bowed down to this pressure or was even aware of any pressure.

Powerful people at the top are very discrete when they want to influence a particular agenda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    Jack straw was not thrown out of the party for expressing his views and some sections of the media did back him behind the scene.
    People even said good on him for speaking up.

Chris Hune got lot of press because it was a story involving sex, affair, scorned wife after revenge, which people love to read about.

I personally think lord Ahmed got the right sentence in being sent to jail. but that does not mean they was no hint of behind the scene pressure.
    Not saying the judge bowed down to this pressure or was even aware of any pressure.

Powerful people at the top are very discrete when they want to influence a particular agenda.
    But you see my point, the media report what they think will sell. Do you think a story about a high ranking governemnt official, who is a Muslim, who killed someone, claiming his conviction is due to a Jewish conspiracy might sell a few copies? I think it might.

So what you mean by your last statement is, 'I have no proof, but I feel like it's true'. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    But you see my point, the media report what they think will sell. Do you think a story about a high ranking governemnt official, who is a Muslim, who killed someone, claiming his conviction is due to a Jewish conspiracy might sell a few copies? I think it might.

So what you mean by your last statement is, 'I have no proof, but I feel like it's true'. Hmm.
    My statement is, he has every right to express his suspicion, even if it sounds crazy to you and I.

And it is unwise to totally rule out that there was not any pressure and then brand him a anti semitic and kick him out the party.

He should have been kicked out the party for going to jail not for expressing his views.

Nice debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    My statement is, he has every right to express his suspicion, even if it sounds crazy to you and I.

And it is unwise to totally rule out that there was not any pressure and then brand him a anti semitic and kick him out the party.

He should have been kicked out the party for going to jail not for expressing his views.

Nice debate
    He has his right to express it, but that doesn't mean that his opinion is not anti-semetic.

And of course there may have been pressure within and outside of the party, I highly doubt there wasn't, when has any political event ever happened in a vacuum? But again, to suppose that pressure is a Jewish Conspiracy has no base.

Expressing views that may damage the party is a perfectly legitimate reason to remove someone from a party in my opinion.

ReputationRep:

On the BBC now
    Doesn't he have a history of being a ****?

ReputationRep:
    He's simply saying what is true.

The media are known for witch hunting anti-Israelis.

ReputationRep:

On the BBC now
    What's wrong with people making negative statements against any group. Isn't that what freedom of speech is?

Why are Jewish people allowed to say that the white race should be abolished but the slightest criticism of the Jews is regarded as 15th century heresy?

I think all this is possible and the double standards are not only possible but promoted because we are living in a false reality a bit like the matrix where we are incapable of any objective thought once we have been brainwashed by the false construct and its mass-media system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why can't we criticise Jews who force multiculturalism into white countries and only white countries ?

Why can't we criticise Jews who say the white race should be abolished ?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.