Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Currently in shock, forgot the deadline, now I'm not sure what to do, are there any other ways of resitting my exams?

ReputationRep:
    Next summer will be the only other opportunity to resit now they scrapped January exams.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Does each college/ exm board have it's own deadlines? Because mine's Friday.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    My school's is on Monday next week.

I think there should be a deadline that applies to all schools rather than school's setting their own deadlines.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you not speak to your exams officer? My deadline isn't until tomorrow. But if they really wont budge, i would try ringing other local colleges and resitting the exams as a private candidate

ReputationRep:
    Mine was supposed to be yesterday but I handed it in today. Just talk to your exam officer tomorrow and he/she will help you . You might just have to pay a late entry fee.

ReputationRep:
    You pay late entry fee?

ReputationRep:
    You guys are so lucky! My colleges deadline was Monday 11th! Most people didn't even have enough time to get the resit money together!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else have a really stupid resit system at their school/college...

ReputationRep:
    At my college if you miss the deadline you have to pay double

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have to pay extra now
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    The exam boards set a day after which they begin to charge more for resits. I think it was Wednesday... not too sure though. You now have to pay extra (either 20 pounds more or double the fee or something like that). If you leave it even later the fee increases further.
    Apparently some schools will pay for resits - they may be more strict on the deadlines as they obviously don't want to have to pay more if they can avoid it! If this is the case, perhaps talk to your exams officer and agree to pay the extra money.

ReputationRep:
    Just pay the late entry fee and stop worrying. It'll cost you more but it should stop you panicking that you won't get a chance to resit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ours is 21st march?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry!!! You're probably assuming that the deadline for the exams board is the same for your school too. Most of the time schools set an earlier deadline to be on the safer side. Like I know the AQA deadline is on the 21st, but then you can resit after the deadline but it means a higher fee to be paid. If you've missed the school deadline contact your exam board and ask about their OFFICIAL deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by too many legs.)
    Don't worry!!! You're probably assuming that the deadline for the exams board is the same for your school too. Most of the time schools set an earlier deadline to be on the safer side. Like I know the AQA deadline is on the 21st, but then you can resit after the deadline but it means a higher fee to be paid. If you've missed the school deadline contact your exam board and ask about their OFFICIAL deadline.
    There is absolutely no point contacting the exam board for information that is easily available on their website but also not very relevant. The official deadline is 21 March for the centre to get all the entries to the exam board for all boards, after that the fees double (increasing to triple later on). However, centres cannot process hundreds of individual entry requests in a single day so need to set earlier internal deadlines. If you miss the centre's internal deadline then they can reasonably charge a late fee.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.