Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So these three courses are my top choices and I have offers from all for 2013 entry... but I am completely stuck! I thought when going to my interviews that it would help me alot but its just made it worse! And because each course is so so different: the class sizes, location, briefs, almost everything I really like bits from all of them!

These are the things I know about them:

I've heard that chelsea don't have a big enough studio space and that you couldn't be allowed in there all the time because it is allocated to different years at different times of the week: like a rotor/ time table. Plus they don't have good graphics facilities so I'd have to rent a studio in Peckham probaly there or get on the waiting list at camberwell. However, Chelsea do amazing live projects and have great industry links which is a massive factor!

Kingston have a much bigger class size 80/90 (Chelsea have around 50) but the work at Kingston looks right up my street, not as commercial as Chelsea? I wondered if this would be a problem after graduating and trying to get a job? Kingston also have there art school all on one campus and have 1st/2nd & 3rd year studios plus good facilities.

Then Brighton I really like, about 35-40 in a year and each year has a studio space which they share with the illustrators. And they have a really good reputation, they don't do as many competitions as Kingston & Chelsea and do alot of self initiated work. I just quite like the idea of being in London because I like to be on the go the whole time and I love the rush and busyness.

Could anyone give me some more info on all of them? I would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I am in the exact same situation at the moment, hesitating between those three for similar reasons to you! It's such a difficult one. Although I'd love to keep living in Brighton, I am leaning more and more towards Kingston now because of the content of the course, the good atmosphere and their great industry links. Have you made a decision?

ReputationRep:
    I AM EXACTLY THE SAME! I have had offers from all thre uni courses and am literally deciding tonight ready to confirm tomorrow.

I THINK I'm going to go for Kingston so if either of you decide on there then I'll see you in September!

The reason why I think Kingston is the right one for me is that I know how distracted I get and if I was at Brighton I would spend all my time on the pier putting coins into the machines than doing work, haha! Also, at Chelsea I just felt quite out of place and it seems all a bit more like you work there then leave whereas the other two there seems to be more time spent with the other students.

(Plus they said you could take a beer upstairs in the evenings if you were working late. Totally up for that.)

Good luck with deciding!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iapk)
    Hi!
    I am in the exact same situation at the moment, hesitating between those three for similar reasons to you! It's such a difficult one. Although I'd love to keep living in Brighton, I am leaning more and more towards Kingston now because of the content of the course, the good atmosphere and their great industry links. Have you made a decision?
    Hi, I'm taking it you went with Kingston? I have chosen Chelsea, I just went with my gut and I just think the course is right for me. I was really attracted by there opportunities and live projects. Plus I'm keen to live in London with all the opportunities. If you have chosen Chelsea I was wondering why you did/didn't and what made you chose your chosen course? Also are you on a foundation now? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrhutchison)
    I AM EXACTLY THE SAME! I have had offers from all thre uni courses and am literally deciding tonight ready to confirm tomorrow.

I THINK I'm going to go for Kingston so if either of you decide on there then I'll see you in September!

The reason why I think Kingston is the right one for me is that I know how distracted I get and if I was at Brighton I would spend all my time on the pier putting coins into the machines than doing work, haha! Also, at Chelsea I just felt quite out of place and it seems all a bit more like you work there then leave whereas the other two there seems to be more time spent with the other students.

(Plus they said you could take a beer upstairs in the evenings if you were working late. Totally up for that.)

Good luck with deciding!
    Hi there! I'm guessing you went with Kingston? It was a hard one but I have chosen Chelsea which I'm really excited about and can't wait to start in September! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im first year at chelsea at the moment. Don't expect any live projects in the first year, we haven't had any, but apparently second and third year has a couple.

Feel free to message me on here or whatever regarding the course, it's always well worthwhile knowing what to expect!

Hutchison: it's not so much 'work there then leave' as 'get briefed then leave' as here is no designated studio space - you don't have a desk or even a room dedicated to any of e years. The entire course shares the space that you'll probably have been interviewed in (up the stairs, with the skylight)

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.