The Student Room Group

Sex with ex for the last time?? good or not?(break-up sex)

So, i meet up with my ex boyfriend of 5 weeks last night,

and he started talking and asking stuff about me,
he said he has moved on (no as in going off with other women and that he dont love me no more) but as in his feelings arnt as deep anymore.

he said he still cares and wanted to stay close friends and see one another every now and then.

but he asked me about if i've had sex with anyone else yet,(We both lose it to each other.)
and i said no, of course not as i still have some feelings for you and i dont want to be intermit with anyone for a long time.
and he said i dont want to be intermit with anyone either.
he said he misses sex with me and that we can have b/day sex (which is a couple months away) i can't see that happening.

But would it be weird to have break up sex? or talk to him about it?
and do it for the last time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not if you don't want to get back together. The whole friends with benefits thing never works with an ex - they're an ex for a reason.
Reply 2
¬.¬ " i dont want to be with you any more but have sex with me anyway" He just wants to get in your pants and know he still has a booty call when he needs one

so unless you're fine with that, no dont do it.
Woah. 5 weeks.
Definitely bad idea.

I broke up with my ex because he cheated on me, but then he kept contacting me, we ended up having sex and getting back together for a very short while than breaking up again. I felt like absolute crap afterward. Even worse than when we initially broke up, so my advice to you is that you shouldn't do it!

But then again our circumstances are different, as you say, he didn't cheat on you and you were only together for 5 weeks. But do you really want to have sex with someone that doesn't care for you that much anymore? It's not quite the same as having sex with a random as you haven't already invested emotions into a relationship.

From my experience, I felt quite used afterwards. Of course it was my choice and my own silly fault for giving into him, just because it felt 'normal'.

Of course it's ultimately up to you! Good luck. xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
He never said he wanted to actually have sex.
he asked me about it last night and said we was both a little un sure about us doing it again, but both miss it.

but if we ever decided too, would it be weird.
we both miss it, so i dont see why one last time wont be bad, and we both dont want to be friends with benefits and have sex every night.

but he still cares for me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Its a bad idea if your trying to get over someone. No doubt feelings will come back. One person is gonna feel like they were used if the other person then moves on and it just gets out of control. Seriously its not a good idea.
Original post by art127
So, i meet up with my ex boyfriend of 5 weeks last night,

and he started talking and asking stuff about me,
he said he has moved on (no as in going off with other women and that he dont love me no more) but as in his feelings arnt as deep anymore.

he said he still cares and wanted to stay close friends and see one another every now and then.

but he asked me about if i've had sex with anyone else yet,(We both lose it to each other.)
and i said no, of course not as i still have some feelings for you and i dont want to be intermit with anyone for a long time.
and he said i dont want to be intermit with anyone either.
he said he misses sex with me and that we can have b/day sex (which is a couple months away) i can't see that happening.

But would it be weird to have break up sex? or talk to him about it?
and do it for the last time?

Bad bad bad idea.
He's clearly knows you still have feeling for him and will use it to get you into bed.
Please don't put yourself through the worry,
Walk away with your head held high.
If he broke up with you, he deserves nothing off you, not even 'breakup sex'.
Reply 8
Don't see why that's a bad idea.
Reply 9
i'm not wanting to get back with him.
just saying sex for one last time.

but i guess it could be a bad idea if we are going to stay friends, and if were going to be close as friends it could be bad...
Reply 10
Original post by Kavalier
Bad, bad idea. Feelings always gets tangled up in it when you have sex with someone you are/have been in love with.

Also, please learn how to spell "intimate".

I'm dyslexic hunny, some people spell things how they sound
Original post by art127

Surely you'd type, intemut :confused: Jus' sayin'

And no, don't do it.
Reply 12
Original post by art127

Off topic but get Google chrome ... it has an in built spell checker. I'm dyslexic and find it really helps :smile:

Wont catch everything but i've found my spelling has improved since getting it as i always make sure i check the proper spelling afterwards.
Reply 13
Its probably not a good idea. From my experience it just sets you back and slows down the getting over them process. I only truly moved on once I stopped.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I was FWB with my ex for about 7 months. It was decent and we both enjoyed it.
Though my feelings did flare up a lot which made getting over here somewhat difficult.
I don't regret it though, was worth it. She was amazing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
It's a bad idea... if you don,t want relation with him .....
Original post by art127

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-458160/Dyslexia-just-middle-class-way-hide-stupidity.html

It's in the Daily Mail, it must be true.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kavalier

Also, please learn how to spell "intimate".

Oh, that's what 'intermit' means. I genuinely had no idea.
Original post by art127
He never said he wanted to actually have sex.
he asked me about it last night and said we was both a little un sure about us doing it again, but both miss it.

but if we ever decided too, would it be weird.
we both miss it, so i dont see why one last time wont be bad, and we both dont want to be friends with benefits and have sex every night.

but he still cares for me.

Which is why he wants to dump you but still have sex right? how very caring of him :wink: He wants the best of both worlds.

You're unsure because you've broken up recently and are still getting used to the idea of not being together, having sex isn't going to help that its just going to confuse you. You're not together anymore, you're going to miss lots of things about being together that doesnt mean you should go and do them otherwise what was the point in splitting up?

if you honestly dont care or see why it could backfire then go for it, who are we to get tangled up in the goings on if your vagina...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending