Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I am currently in my first year at University and have severely struggled with University life. I started in September and have not been attending since December. The first few weeks of University I struggled to make friends and adjust to University life, it almost felt like I wasn't ready for it.

I'm studying a BA Hons Business with Finance course which I wanted to change because it was way too hard, however I missed a deadline the University set for course changes, I only chose the course due to pressure from my family as I was just planning on studying "boring" Business Management "which would lead me nowhere in life."

I have now not been attending for the last three months, but still have a University computer account and ID card, and there have also not been any warnings of being dismissed. I just come into University to use the library and make my family believe that I am still actually studying.

An ideal option for me would be to write this year off, and start a Business Management course in September of this year, because I really like this University and don't wanna leave. However, I am scared that if I go and talk to the office at my University, they'll find out I haven't been attending and ask me to leave and find another University.

I am a Greenwich University student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BingoDingo)
    Hey

I am currently in my first year at University and have severely struggled with University life. I started in September and have not been attending since December. The first few weeks of University I struggled to make friends and adjust to University life, it almost felt like I wasn't ready for it.

I'm studying a BA Hons Business with Finance course which I wanted to change because it was way too hard, however I missed a deadline the University set for course changes, I only chose the course due to pressure from my family as I was just planning on studying "boring" Business Management "which would lead me nowhere in life."

I have now not been attending for the last three months, but still have a University computer account and ID card, and there have also not been any warnings of being dismissed. I just come into University to use the library and make my family believe that I am still actually studying.

An ideal option for me would be to write this year off, and start a Business Management course in September of this year, because I really like this University and don't wanna leave. However, I am scared that if I go and talk to the office at my University, they'll find out I haven't been attending and ask me to leave and find another University.

I am a Greenwich University student.
    This is a tricky situation since you've left it so late, but they are usually pretty understanding as they know it's a hard time for you.

I dropped out from two universities before I found the right one for me (University of Derby), and they gave me loads of help and support on student finance, applications, what to do with my old university, etc.

They're actually holding a live Q&A session (found here), where you can ask any questions you might have, so this would be well worth posting on if you've got more questions.

I hope it all gets sorted.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.