Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Global gathering 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieStatham92)
    Anyone driving from the Nottinghamshire area who wants to do a car share I've been mugged off by my mates and don't want to miss my 4th time on going! X
    I may be able to help if I actually go, im from grantham so not far away at all. Depends if I have any money left from glastonbury though haha.

ReputationRep:
    Aww wicked how many people are going with you to global? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Il be meeting up with Parry93 on here, we all camped together last year as she mentioned in previous posts

ReputationRep:
    Awww cool she's getting the train down isn't she? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

random and probably stupid question, but I'm going GG this year and its my first festival, I'm going with a group of lads is there any restriction on tent sizes, eg 2/3 man or can we bring an 8 man tent??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben21)
    Hi guys,

random and probably stupid question, but I'm going GG this year and its my first festival, I'm going with a group of lads is there any restriction on tent sizes, eg 2/3 man or can we bring an 8 man tent??

Any help greatly appreciated!!
    How many of you is going??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No just bring any tent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone just over a month to go!!!

do they ID absolutely everybody because my friend is 17 and I don't know if she has fake ID
    i imagine she would because she goes out most weekends but just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanna3006)
    hey everyone just over a month to go!!!

do they ID absolutely everybody because my friend is 17 and I don't know if she has fake ID
    i imagine she would because she goes out most weekends but just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She can risk it. It really depends on how old she looks.
    However theres no chance of her getting in the beer tents as they id everyone before they enter.

Cant say she will or wont get id'd though. Its a risk she'll have to take. If she is id'd at the gates and found to be underaged she wont be allowed in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see what the Godskitchen Fusion Cube will look like

ReputationRep:
    You can take sealed lids off bottles and out them on a different bottle which you have previously filled with alcohol, water bottle would work well for vodka...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    You can take sealed lids off bottles and out them on a different bottle which you have previously filled with alcohol, water bottle would work well for vodka...
    Yes but only a max of two litres per person.
    & no drinks are to be brought from the campsite to the arena.
    They check everyones bag etc and they do search you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just bought my tickets, hadn't even considered Global for a festival but after looking at the line up bough tickets straight away!

Only just found out about the alcohol ban though so gutted I wont be able to bring a crate in. Anyone got any tips on smuggling in spirits or is it just a case of rolling a bottle up in your sleeping bag and hoping your the one that doesn't get searched?

I know they allowed sealed soft drinks in so i now have an idea in my head involving cartons of orange juice with the foil lids, and a pritt stick....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJoe92)
    Just bought my tickets, hadn't even considered Global for a festival but after looking at the line up bough tickets straight away!

Only just found out about the alcohol ban though so gutted I wont be able to bring a crate in. Anyone got any tips on smuggling in spirits or is it just a case of rolling a bottle up in your sleeping bag and hoping your the one that doesn't get searched?

I know they allowed sealed soft drinks in so i now have an idea in my head involving cartons of orange juice with the foil lids, and a pritt stick....
    I thought you could decanter spirits into plastic bottles and take them in? Failing that, just stash it in your backpack at the bottom and hopefully they won't check...

ReputationRep:
    Nope its only sealed bottles and I imagine they'll check the seals. Yeah im just gonna stash some in my tent bag i supose.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I was thinking of Creamfields where you can bring in 1 x crate or 1 x litre of spirits in a plastic bottle...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Bit of a silly question, i know you cant take alcohol in to the arena, but are you able to take it on to the campsite with you? or are you searched when you get your wrist band?

ReputationRep:
    another maybe silly question but will they stop you coming in or just confiscate it? really wanna sneak in but if it means getting turned away I won't risk it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanna3006)
    another maybe silly question but will they stop you coming in or just confiscate it? really wanna sneak in but if it means getting turned away I won't risk it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They have security at the main gate before the campsite and also at the arena entrance and you can't take alcohol into either. And they will confiscate it, however not everyone gets a full search e.g. They can't take out everyone's tent bags and look inside because it would take forever.
    That's what I have heard from friends and Internet. So just try and take a bottle of spirit in and accept that you will have to buy more in there. You won't get thrown out if they find a bottle on you though! See you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieStatham92)
    Anyone driving from the Nottinghamshire area who wants to do a car share I've been mugged off by my mates and don't want to miss my 4th time on going! X
    I'm hopefully going from Peterborough! My friend has mugged me off too! This will be my 3rd year!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.