Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Global gathering 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've found people to go with from Preston who I've met at global before, but it's sucks when people **** you off! You driving there! Cause you could Meet us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I live in a village 5 miles from long marston airfield (the venue)

As it's in the middle of nowhere I was just curious how you lot normally travel there etc each year

Best regards,

Some nosey kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jon Mustard)
    Hey guys

I live in a village 5 miles from long marston airfield (the venue)

As it's in the middle of nowhere I was just curious how you lot normally travel there etc each year

Best regards,

Some nosey kid
    A car?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    A car?
    By middle of nowhere I kinda implied how the hell can people get there without driving but cheers boss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jon Mustard)
    By middle of nowhere I kinda implied how the hell can people get there without driving but cheers boss
    By coach? http://www.nationalexpress.com/where...gathering.aspx Or get the train to Stratford Upon Avon then shuttle bus or taxi.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, interesting

ReputationRep:
    I'm going! It'll be my third consecutive year. Bit disappointed that there's no Above & Beyond but it'll be awesome anyway.

I get there by train to Stratford-Upon-Avon station and then use the shuttle bus to get to Long Marston, train ticket is £20 return (I live in Hertfordshire) and the shuttle bus is £5 return.

As for alcohol, last year my friend put gin in a hairspray bottle, it tasted disgusting, I'd put it in your tent bag or something. Last year I just walked straight through, no-one bothered to stop me or search me.

ReputationRep:
    12 days to go!
    I've never been camping before at all let alone a festival, so what kind of things do I need to bring that is a bit out of the ordinary?

for example my friend just bought UV paint and I would have never ever have though of that!

thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about those contact lenses that make your eyes all black or white that would be quite funny just stare at people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJoe92)
    What about those contact lenses that make your eyes all black or white that would be quite funny just stare at people
    haha just freak people out the whole time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going alone?

Or anyone going from London and can offer a lift and we share the costs?

It seems I'll have to go alone, but at least 1 guy that i met last year is going...so i can meet up.

But im really looking for a lift, the train is too expensive + shuttle bus.

ReputationRep:
    Pre-party in MOS London tonight, here we go!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael123)
    Anyone going alone?

Or anyone going from London and can offer a lift and we share the costs?

It seems I'll have to go alone, but at least 1 guy that i met last year is going...so i can meet up.

But im really looking for a lift, the train is too expensive + shuttle bus.
    Have you tried this?

http://www.globalgathering.com/info/car-share-scheme/

ReputationRep:

Yes, I tried liftshare last year, and again this year, but nobody answer.

Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Im getting a Coach from Thanet spaces available 30 there and back

ReputationRep:
    CANNOT WAIT!! Went last year it was insane line up is even better this year Jamie Jones on sunday is gonna go off!!

ReputationRep:
    what time does everyone recommend to arrive? everyone with me wants to leave quite late

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanna3006)
    what time does everyone recommend to arrive? everyone with me wants to leave quite late

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well me and my mates are aiming to get to Tesco's in Stratford for 12-ish before heading over to GG as music starts at 5pm ish...? The sooner the better I guess especially when you have to take into account traffic, queuing to get in and then finding a good spot for you and your mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Well me and my mates are aiming to get to Tesco's in Stratford for 12-ish before heading over to GG as music starts at 5pm ish...? The sooner the better I guess especially when you have to take into account traffic, queuing to get in and then finding a good spot for you and your mates.
    I was thinking of arriving around 10 as that's when the camping opens, a lot earlier than you I guess I just didn't want to be too far away from the arena

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanna3006)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going by train and we're getting a train from Marylebone at 3 which will get us there for about 5.30, but once we've gotten to the campsite and set up we won't be heading to the arenas until about 7.30/8ish.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.