Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Allowed to take food and drink into Cineworld cinema Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Yep. The bags are also quite big too, so you fill it up to what you think looks reasonable and you end up having 400g instead of 100g! (100g probably barely covers the bottom of the bag)

Then once you're at the till and you've been told your bag of pick a mix costs £24, you're too embarrassed to walk off without paying or asking if you can put some back ("No, you can't put them back sir, it's against hygiene rules. You'll have to purchase them I'm afraid")
    Just so you know, you don't need to purchase the pic'n'mix, even if you've already filled the bag. The only point you can't turn back is once the member of staff has your money in their hand, putting it into the till.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linnerzx)
    Any reasonable member of staff would let you take out as much pic'n'mix as you needed at the till point so that we can weigh it for you until it is at a price you are willing to pay. The pic'n'mix that you take out gets put in the waste, we wouldn't force anybody to buy pic'n'mix just because they've touched it :/ Also, I feel everyone is exagerrating the prices of this. It's about £1.40 for 100g, not a fiver, and in order for you to spend £24 that's a hella lot of sweets!!
    To be fair, £1.40 for 100g is still a lot! I bought a bag of Jelly Babies which is 190g and cost £1. If I filled a pickamix bag up with 190g of Jelly Babies it would cost £2.66 :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    To be fair, £1.40 for 100g is still a lot! I bought a bag of Jelly Babies which is 190g and cost £1. If I filled a pickamix bag up with 190g of Jelly Babies it would cost £2.66 :O
    It is still a fair bit, but I would just rather if anyone is going to complain about prices, they will do it with accurate information

I miss the good old days when Woolworths had their pic'n'mix cups for like 2.99 and you could get loads!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linnerzx)
    It is still a fair bit, but I would just rather if anyone is going to complain about prices, they will do it with accurate information

I miss the good old days when Woolworths had their pic'n'mix cups for like 2.99 and you could get loads!!
    Haha! Fair enough. Better do my research next time I talk to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow_Watermelon)
    What was the name of the documentary?
    I think it was called Cinema sweet popcorn or something similar. I'm not sure about the policies with other cinemas though.

ReputationRep:
    In wigan, we have the asda right next to the cinema. paying £2 for a bottle of pop or £3 for a bag of buttons is madness when you can them them for about £1 each next door. I'v never been stopped, but I'm always scared of it happening, so take a handbag/hoodie. :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    Well. I work in cineworld and it is not against the cinemas policy to take in food, it never has been. Are you sure you went to a cineworld? If so, that staff member was very mistaken. The only foods we do not allow is hot food, such as mcdonalds or kfc, etc as the smell of the food sticks and is unpleasant for other customers.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Cinema popcorn is so damn good though. The one near me gives free drink refills and 50c popcorn refills any size. My wife and I can usually finish a large popcorn even before the movie starts, then we fill it up. Sometimes we manage to finish the popcorn during the movie so get another. Works out about $9 for 3 huge popcorns which isn't too bad considering how delicious it is.:drool:

ReputationRep:
    Well me and a friend were on our way to cineworld and bought some food etc from asda before hand. I told her that we were better eating some now and hiding the rest inside our jackets. She said 'its ok they let you take food in Ive done it before' I didnt believe her so hid some of mine while she just carried the bag of food in. The person working there saw the food and didnt say anything so they must let you in with food :/

Sorry, I wanted to make the ending a bit more dramatic but that really all that happened! Guess I felt like telling a story but nothing actually happened so.. :/
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I usually bring in my own sweets.. But I use the two for £6.50 deal my cinema does for popcorn and a drink.. (Large is +80p though... :/)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I once remember people behind me in the cinema eating nandoes while watching inception. They were brave. I once took chinese food to cineworld. The good thing about carying both deodarant and a bag with you everywhere you go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just carry them in your bag, that's what I do with my Nandos...what I can't have done a bit of food shopping before :lolwut: ?

But in all seriousness they really really really need to introduce buttery and toffee popcorn at the Odeon.

Also throw in hot dogs please, presently nachos and jalapenos sit perched on my fave food at the movies :drools: !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I bring my own food to cinema and if I do will they search me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam.hickson)
    Can I bring my own food to cinema and if I do will they search me
    Only Cineworld have a ban against food from outside sources, although I do believe that you cannot bring any particularly obtrusive or messy food with you e.g. a curry or a kebab, to most, of not all cinemas.

A neatly packed takeaway bag from McDonalds, KFC etc is not going to cause any problems.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.