The Student Room Group

working abroad.

Does anyone have any idea about working abroad and which websites to go to and which to avoid and just any general information. Especially those in Spain or club rep type jobs.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Imale
Does anyone have any idea about working abroad and which websites to go to and which to avoid and just any general information. Especially those in Spain or club rep type jobs.
Thanks in advance.

I worked as a rep for Thomas Cook for a summer season.

depends what kind of job you want.. there was club reps, normal reps, kids reps etc..

for thomas cook use the thomas cook careers website.
for first choice and thomson use the TUI website.
i think theres a seperate website for 18-30 reps and first choice use IN2ACTION reps in there holiday villages.

any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks to the links!
Turns out most of them are looking for people with rep experience.
Reply 3
Depends what type of work you are looking for. For summer camp work in America I would recommend www.campamerica.co.uk

if you're looking for work lasting from around 4 months to 2 years I'd check out http://Www.bunac.org they offer work visa to Australia for a year, New Zealand for 2 years, America for 4 months, Canada for a year and a whole host of other things!

I don't really know much about going out to be a club rep, but I do have a friend who worked in Zante for a season and she did that by just going out there on holiday and asking around for jobs.. Not sure if that's the official way to get things done, but a fair amount of people did I that way when I was there it seemed!
Reply 4
Original post by Imale
Thanks to the links!
Turns out most of them are looking for people with rep experience.

No no you dont need rep experience! The staff turnover for reps is massive. Just be confident and read up on what your talking about because if you want to be a club rep or mainline rep youl need to do a sort of presentation at the interview talking infront of all the other people who want the job also! :biggrin:
Original post by Imale
Thanks in advance.

You could be a holiday rep, kids club rep etc with companies like thompson, thomas cook etc. Go on their websites to find the information you need.
If you're a native English speaker you can easily teach English abroad in a lot of places. I'm currently teaching at a hagwon (private school) in Seoul, Korea, and having a blast. The pay is pretty good and most schools provide accommodation so it's a great way to save up for further travels in the region, such as China, Japan, SE Asia, etc.

Check out my South Korea blog in my sig if you'd like to get a taste of some of the cool stuff there is to do here. Cheers.
Reply 7
Original post by journeymanjim
If you're a native English speaker you can easily teach English abroad in a lot of places. I'm currently teaching at a hagwon (private school) in Seoul, Korea, and having a blast. The pay is pretty good and most schools provide accommodation so it's a great way to save up for further travels in the region, such as China, Japan, SE Asia, etc.

Check out my South Korea blog in my sig if you'd like to get a taste of some of the cool stuff there is to do here. Cheers.

Now that would be so amazing how did you get it like what site did you use and how much was everything before you left? I cant find the link to your blog if you could just link it on here if thats cool! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest