Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR Crispy Snack Champion Watch

ReputationRep:
    BRAND NEW FIRST ROUND HEAT IS HERE!

WALKERS SALT & SHAKE versus RED SKY CRISPS!

Obscure Factoid; When Smiths originally owned "Salt 'n' Shake", and Walkers bought out the brand, they altered the name to "Salt & Shake" because they feared "the informal use of apostrophes would make the brand harder to search for on the internet"! Even so, they're far more famous than the Red Sky brand - a brand that LOOKS like it's a rustic, family-business type of crisp, but it TOO is now a PepsiCo company - the same people that own Walkers!!

ReputationRep:
    Save Red Sky. Salt and shake never seems enough salt or never distributed evenly enough..the novelty is good but the actual quality of the product is lacking!

ReputationRep:
    Red sky :3

ReputationRep:
    I did not know that the 'n' had gone. This makes me sad (and I think also shows how long it has been since I bought them), but purely for the novelty value, and the good childhood memories of them, salt 'n' shake.

ReputationRep:
    Salt & Shake! Haven't had them in years D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Salt & Shake, just for the novelty, and that as a child I went through a phase of LOVING them.

Also, I'm bitter that Phileas Fogg aren't in the competition because they deserve to win in my opinion so I'm not sure I can bring myself to support any other 'premium' type crisps. Except maybe Kettles. MAYBE.

ReputationRep:
    Salt & shake for pure nostalgia

ReputationRep:
    Red sky

ReputationRep:
    Red Sky. Salt 'n' Shake (I will not abandon the apostrophes) is in reality a fairly poor quality product, compared to Walker's normal crisps and other awesome brands. It's very nostalgic, yes, but that doesn't make it great. Capri Sun was half my childhood, but now it tastes synthetic to me

ReputationRep:
    Salt & shake

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    THIS WINNER IS WALKERS SALT & (NOT 'N', SADLY) SHAKE!

Whichever way, seems PepsiCo wins these days, but alas, I complain so much, I singe my whinge-minge. Truth is, TSR deems the Salt and/&/'n' Shake the champ - possibly because of that one INSANELY salty crisp you always end up with!!

ReputationRep:
    NEXT HEAT:

GOLDEN WONDER RINGOS versus WALKERS BAKED CRISPS!!

So one's the classic onion ring snack as round as a halo can be (at one point in direct competition to the OTHER classic, Johnny's Onion Rings), and the other's the "healthier Walkers option", a crinkle-cut baked chip that's got the craziest shape imaginable. But which gets to reach round two?

ReputationRep:
    I actually really like the Baked walkers..and I'm not even a huge Walkers fan. If I were ever going to buy walkers, it would be baked. So I vote them.

ReputationRep:
    Baked walkers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Baked Walkers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Baked walkers!

ReputationRep:
    Walkers baked

They're surprisingly good IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Walkers Baked. Because I like them and because onion rings scare me.

ReputationRep:
    Walkers baked

ReputationRep:
    THE HEAT'S WINNER, BY A LANDSLIDE: WALKERS BAKED!

Walkers Baked (and by extension, the Baked Stars range) are the corrugated, "nearly biscuit" baked crisp that you either love or hate!! And clearly, TSR loves 'em. Ran rings around the Ringos, though!!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.