The Student Room Group

Offers from Imperial and Edinburgh

Hi, i have received conditional offers for mechanical engineering at imperial, edinburgh and ucl and a conditional offer for aeronautical engineering at imperial.

I like edinburgh, but i'm really between mechanical and aeronautical at imperial. I prefer aeronautical but mechanical is wider and after my degree i could work on more different places. Also mechanical offers a year in industry between 2nd and 3rd year or between 3rd and 4th year and the opportunity to do a year abroad in California

I don't know if the department of aeronautics offer a year in industry? and the year abroad programmes are to Toulouse, Aachen and Singapore. I'd like to go to california or the US so if anyone doing aernautical engineering knows if theres any chance to go to california for aernautical?

I have seen rankings for mechanical engineering and imperial is very high but don't know about aeronautical (i guess they are similar) or the department of mechanical engineering there is better?

Will i have less job opportunities if i study aeronautical?

Thank you
Reply 1
No question about it Imperial! It would be dumb not to, and also ucl second. You've got offers from three great unis, but imperial trumps the other two.

Quick Reply

Latest