Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey so basically I'm studying A level geography and I did it at GCSE and I found GCSE pretty easy, because GCSE's are easy lets be honest, however I've been finding it a bit mroe difficult I'm on a B at the moment but I really want an A.

I stuggle with awnsering question as I understand it when my teacher is explaining but when my teacher gives me a test in class I either get muddled or don't put enough detail even if at the time I thought I did.

If any of you have or are studying geography what tips would you give me for awnsering questions and getting good martks for them.

Thanks in advance!

P.S it's more the 2-7 mark answers I struggle with as I seem to do really wellon the 15 markers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r0siedunning)
    Hey so basically I'm studying A level geography and I did it at GCSE and I found GCSE pretty easy, because GCSE's are easy lets be honest, however I've been finding it a bit mroe difficult I'm on a B at the moment but I really want an A.

I stuggle with awnsering question as I understand it when my teacher is explaining but when my teacher gives me a test in class I either get muddled or don't put enough detail even if at the time I thought I did.

If any of you have or are studying geography what tips would you give me for awnsering questions and getting good martks for them.

Thanks in advance!

P.S it's more the 2-7 mark answers I struggle with as I seem to do really wellon the 15 markers.
    We are both similar, I do really well on the 15 markers, my tip would be to start doing questions in your own time, as many get repeated each year. Revise the questions in 'points', key points needed for the marks, remember these and as the questions tend to repeat... You should get the marks.

Good Luck, and just keep practising.

Also, maybe get yourself a revision guide, as these have the 'points' needed, just remember these, then expand when writing them in the exam.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...F8&me=&seller=

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT get that version in post above, it is AWFUL, there are tonnes of AQA endorsed ones that will give you exactly what you need. Also work through past papers.

Make sure you read the question several times, as there will be key words, which your teacher should be helping you in identifying these, and you should then tailor your answer depending on the key words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    DO NOT get that version in post above, it is AWFUL, there are tonnes of AQA endorsed ones that will give you exactly what you need. Also work through past papers.

Make sure you read the question several times, as there will be key words, which your teacher should be helping you in identifying these, and you should then tailor your answer depending on the key words.
    T
    hank you, I've started doing more past papers now we've finished learning everything, I used CGP for GCSE and they overload you with usless information but don't give you the stuff you actually need! I'm shopping around for revision guides at the moment and I'm getting my teacher to help me with my answers

Thanks again for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron116)
    We are both similar, I do really well on the 15 markers, my tip would be to start doing questions in your own time, as many get repeated each year. Revise the questions in 'points', key points needed for the marks, remember these and as the questions tend to repeat... You should get the marks.

Good Luck, and just keep practising.

Also, maybe get yourself a revision guide, as these have the 'points' needed, just remember these, then expand when writing them in the exam.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...F8&me=&seller=
    Thank you for the tip, I'm currently going through past papers and seeing what comes up regularly as that has helped me for my other subjects. I'm not a fan of the CGP books as I find they give you too much of the unessicary stuff and not enough of the stuff that you actually need in the exam. But I'm shopping around for others as revision guides really helped me in my GCSE's.

Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r0siedunning)
    Thank you for the tip, I'm currently going through past papers and seeing what comes up regularly as that has helped me for my other subjects. I'm not a fan of the CGP books as I find they give you too much of the unessicary stuff and not enough of the stuff that you actually need in the exam. But I'm shopping around for others as revision guides really helped me in my GCSE's.

Thanks again!
    I remembered CGP revision guides aren't for everyone, it involves filtering a lot of the info, but past papers are the way to go. Good luck with the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with the CGP book.

(Original post by JoshGardner16)
    Nothing wrong with the CGP book.
    yea, there is nothing wrong with Geo CGP book! i bought the three main books for as and I have read all the population chapters for them, as we have just fini pop. , the official book is great for case studies, but is full of waffle, it contains the malthus model etc, which is NOT in the exam! I bought another offcial book and it has lots of information and alot waffle, containing all the things you need (ie good figures) and great case studies!http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-AS-Geogr...ref=pd_sim_b_2
    The CGP is defintaly the best for learning facts as there is no waffle at all, but I would reccommend not to use the case studies, use the ones your teacher gives! So basically work from all three!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.