Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This is regarding my A2 History coursework - I was wondering if it would be possible to show my work to a history tutor to help direct me in the right direction, or would this be unacceptable? I am with the AQA board.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty certain that as long as it's not the teacher who is moderating the coursework, then you should be fine! Don't worry, I've been sneakily getting advice from retired teachers! The coursework at A2 asks far too much, good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    What's the A2 coursework for AQA? I'm on WJEC, just finished my coursework and it was a complete nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if they would be able to give you specific advice but they could point you in the right direction. This is what my teacher is doing anyway. I don't know how AQA expect people to turn out perfect pieces of coursework without any help whatsoever :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing AQA A2 coursework gah it's the hardest piece of work I've ever had to do ever! But yeah I'm sure if you ask someone who's not your teacher for some guidance that would be fine? I really don't know what I'm doing :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewoingram)
    What's the A2 coursework for AQA? I'm on WJEC, just finished my coursework and it was a complete nightmare!
    We have to pick a question that involves a 100 year period, on American Slavery (1765-1865). It's killing me! Deadline is on Friday, can't wait to be done with it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cecole123)
    I'm pretty certain that as long as it's not the teacher who is moderating the coursework, then you should be fine! Don't worry, I've been sneakily getting advice from retired teachers! The coursework at A2 asks far too much, good luck to you!
    Thanks! Are these teachers you know? I can't get hold of an old family friend who is a history teacher - would have been perfect - or could I hire one? Hahahah I will literally pay a left arm for advice on this thing, I'm desperate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Factorygirl)
    Thanks! Are these teachers you know? I can't get hold of an old family friend who is a history teacher - would have been perfect - or could I hire one? Hahahah I will literally pay a left arm for advice on this thing, I'm desperate
    I'm so sorry for the late reply, but I've been in India so I have a legitimate excuse for my discourtesy! Yes, the teacher is a family friend... But you could always find a teacher at your school who can go through it, or if there are other schools nearby you could contact one of the teachers? That's what I would have done, what the exam board don't know won't hurt them!

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as the teacher does not mark or moderate the coursework this is fine as, for all your tutor knows, you have received no help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.