Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IVIURRAY)
    Anyone interested in swapping to towers accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ring and tell the accommodation people that towers would not suite your lifestyle because you have a shower twice a day and visit the toilet quite regularly and they will have some other rooms to offer you I just did it and now I've got an en-suite room in Robert Bakewell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicepriestley)
    Whey! It's gonna be awesome with the new building! Oh right, I'm guessing though they will email soon with the arrival slot thing though right?
    I know same :/ What are you studying?
    You know the new telford is gonna be for 2014 students, they're spending a year refurbishing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    You know the new telford is gonna be for 2014 students, they're spending a year refurbishing it
    That's Falk-Egg. Telford (or Village Court as it was then) was refurbed in 2011-12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenickoftime)
    That's Falk-Egg. Telford (or Village Court as it was then) was refurbed in 2011-12.
    Eh? Village court is where they stick people whilst their halls are being refurbished I thought?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Eh? Village court is where they stick people whilst their halls are being refurbished I thought?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Village Court used to be Elvyn Richards, then 'Towers on tour' in 2009-10 when new Elvyn opened, then it was 'overspill' accommodation for Royce, Faraday and Elvyn in 2010-11, then it was refurbished (with a lot of it being used as overspill again), then it was 'Falk-Egg on tour' last year and it's going to be permanently Telford from now on, with Faraday expanding into old Telford.

Falk-Egg was closed last year for refurbishment, but the Eggington half is going to reopen this September, with Falkner opening for 2014-15.

My old flatmate Dave Tingle was (and still is) on the Union Exec, so kept me well informed with all the changes on campus!

ReputationRep:
    Village Court used to be Elvyn Richards, then 'Towers on tour' in 2009-10 when new Elvyn opened, then it was 'overspill' accommodation for Royce, Faraday and Elvyn in 2010-11, then it was refurbished (with a lot of it being used as overspill again), then it was 'Falk-Egg on tour' last year and it's going to be permanently Telford from now on, with Faraday expanding into old Telford.

Falk-Egg was closed last year for refurbishment, but the Eggington half is going to reopen this September, with Falkner opening for 2014-15.

My old flatmate Dave Tingle was (and still is) on the Union Exec, so kept me well informed with all the changes on campus!
    Thanks, really clears a lot up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Just out of interest am I stuck with the hall that I'm in now? Like if i wanted to move to Telford next year from Bill Mo, am I a returner or a fresher again of that hall? OR Do I only get the option of my room again,Bill Mo room again or no on-campus living?

ReputationRep:
    IF ANYONE GOT A SELF CATERED ENSUITE THEY DONT WANT MESSAGE ME I WILL TAKE IT!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hullo)
    Just out of interest am I stuck with the hall that I'm in now? Like if i wanted to move to Telford next year from Bill Mo, am I a returner or a fresher again of that hall? OR Do I only get the option of my room again,Bill Mo room again or no on-campus living?
    You can move around from year to year. I know a guy who's experienced at least 3 halls (he had to drop out a couple of times for ill-health) and he's had fun everywhere he's been.

A third of all hall bedrooms are for returners and finalists and you can be anywhere you want, but most people get houses in town for 2nd and 3rd years. And no, you'd be a returner. Only people going to university for the first time are freshers.

I was in Cedar Lodge in Harry French in my first year, then West Grove (Harry French again) in second year, but moving into a house on Fearon Street for my third year

Any questions about living in halls for second or third year, don't hesitate to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aziz95)
    Ring and tell the accommodation people that towers would not suite your lifestyle because you have a shower twice a day and visit the toilet quite regularly and they will have some other rooms to offer you I just did it and now I've got an en-suite room in Robert Bakewell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got a shared ensuite in butler court, I swapped from towers but I don't know what excuse to give so I can change again

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-2013083079027

M.A

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming to Lboro in 2013!!! So excited!!!! Studying Chemistry. Any one else studying Chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingnew)
    I've got a shared ensuite in butler court, I swapped from towers but I don't know what excuse to give so I can change again
    Sorry pal but I don't know what to say for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    Unusual to pick Butler over Bill Mo; not saying it's a bad thing but just curious as to why?
    I wanted to live in Butler Court mainly because its closer to where I study. (just across the road)
    Is William Morris better than Butler Court or something? :confused:
    I've heard that Butler is a older hall thats it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elevon)
    I wanted to live in Butler Court mainly because its closer to where I study. (just across the road)
    Butler is mostly shared, most people prefer their own room

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayaAk)
    Anyone doing Social Psychology?
    Yes! Finally found someone! Have you spoken to anyone else who's doing it? You excited?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bee_ib)
    I'm coming to Lboro in 2013!!! So excited!!!! Studying Chemistry. Any one else studying Chemistry?
    I am! (Well... Chemistry with a foundation year... I wasn't all that motivated at a-level! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syphillis)
    As was said nobody knows exactly how the rooms will look as it's all been refurbished over summer but this is what I know.

It's going to be split into 7/8 people per 'house' this year and is laid out in houses as opposed to flats, much like before the refurb.
    I'm told it's one kitchen and 2 bathrooms to each house. Can't tell you about cleaning but it was weekly last year.

Falk Egg life as a whole is amazing, though I'm sure it's the same for all halls of residence at Loughborough!

I'll be honest, I was nervous and almost changed my mind a couple of weeks before moving but I'm so glad I didn't - I arrived at 11am on moving in day, had a couple drinks to calm the nerves and dived in and I definitely haven't looked back!
    This is very reassuring- thank you!:L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elevon)
    As someone else said it's surprising because most people prefer their own room, and Bill Mo is still really really close to LUSAD.

ReputationRep:
    This might be of interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBys_MNsUlo

M.A

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.