The Student Room Group

BREAKING - Pork DNA Found in Halal Chicken at School...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rainbow.panda
This. Is halal meat produced in the UK? I would have thought it was illegal because of our animal welfare laws. I've seen how ritually slaughtered animals die, it is horribly cruel and inhumane.

What would you regard as "humane"?
Reply 21
Original post by Error4001
Saying a prayer or "intending to eat Halal" doesn't automatically entail that something will magically become Halal. If we are not even allowed to eat any part of a pig (there are exceptions which I will not delve into here), then what does "intention" have to do with anything?

I think it means that even though you did eat pig, it isn't your fault and it isn't as bad because as far as you were concerned it was halal - it's not like you went against your beliefs by going out and purposefully eating it
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Whether or not you agree with halal meat (and to be honest, quite frankly I don't care as it's not part of this issue) you have to agree that eating meat that you expect to be one animal and you find it to be another is distressing and should not be happening.

If that was traces of nuts, which would *kill* someone, then people would be up in arms.

Precisely what I've been trying to put across! Bravo! Thank you!
Reply 23
Saying a prayer or "intending to eat Halal" doesn't automatically entail that something will magically become Halal. If we are not even allowed to eat any part of a pig (there are exceptions which I will not delve into here), then what does "intention" have to do with anything?

But if we are told that something is Halal, we're obviously going to eat it and no get the ISI to inspect it first. It's not our fault some retards added pork to it.
Original post by Cattty
karma for eating animals slaughtered by an inhumane method?

And horsemeat in our own food?
Reply 25
Original post by woolass
I think it means that even though you did eat pig, it isn't your fault and it isn't as bad because as far as you were concerned it was halal - it's not like you went against your beliefs by going out and purposefully eating it

Well, it was certainly what you were not expecting, regardless of whether it was pork or beef.
Reply 26
Original post by AlligatorSky
But if we are told that something is Halal, we're obviously going to eat it and no get the ISI to inspect it first. It's not our fault some retards added pork to it.

Maybe we should enquire what meat is in our sausages instead of asking if it is Halal?

If we are satisfied with the answer, then maybe we can then ask if it is Halal?
Reply 27
Well, it was certainly what you were not expecting, regardless of whether it was pork or beef.

Exactly, I have no issues with eating any sort of meat but it's awful that people are being sold something which isn't what they are being told they are buying - never mind religion, there are people who are allergic to certain meats
Reply 28

Alligator is right, if we buy Halal meat thinking that it is actual Halal meat then we are not to blame..
Reply 29
Maybe we should enquire what meat is in our sausages instead of asking if it is Halal?

If we are satisfied with the answer, then maybe we can then ask if it is Halal?

How exactly would you inquire it?
Honestly, I wouldn't be so bothered with it. As long as our intentions are right, it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 30
How exactly would you inquire it?
Honestly, I wouldn't be so bothered with it. As long as our intentions are right, it shouldn't be a problem.

Well, ask the guy who's serving it to you.

In the wake of the horsemeat scandal, you had many shoppers "jokingly" ask supermarket staff whether or not beef burgers contained horsemeat.
Reply 31
Original post by HomoSapiensSap
But aren't we all missing the point here?

Surely this is fraud? Misrepresentation?

One is telling consumers one thing, yet doing the other, thereby creating a false position.

No i'm not missing the point, that is exactly what i was saying, along with the fact the religious side to this, isn't the big deal or what we should worry about. Leave that to there cult leaders.

The pork being in chicken products is what is offensive and needs sorting. For consumers sake not any religion.
Reply 32
Well, ask the guy who's serving it to you.

In the wake of the horsemeat scandal, you had many shoppers "jokingly" ask supermarket staff whether or not beef burgers contained horsemeat.

Do you think the guy would be like 'Yeah we claim to be Halal, but this totally has pork in it".
Original post by rainbow.panda
This. Is halal meat produced in the UK? I would have thought it was illegal because of our animal welfare laws. I've seen how ritually slaughtered animals die, it is horribly cruel and inhumane.

Talk about living in a deluded bubble. Almost forget, animals are well treated in the UK.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/05/cruelty-farm-animals-slaughterhouse

And this is how Islamic slaughtering is suppose to be done;

[video="youtube;quhVxLUwiBw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quhVxLUwiBw[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dave_123
No i'm not missing the point, that is exactly what i was saying, along with the fact the religious side to this, isn't the big deal or what we should worry about. Leave that to there cult leaders.

The pork being in chicken products is what is offensive and needs sorting. For consumers sake not any religion.

Completely agree. I wouldn't have it any other way. :yes:
Reply 35
Peak.
Original post by Air_wolf
as for the pork found in chicken, as a muslim im not suprised. non muslims have no responsibility to provide halal food for muslims so its not their problem and some muslim butchers dont give a shizzle where the meat comes from they label it halal themselves and sell it for as much money as they can get.
Not all halal butchers but even 1 "halal" butcher that does it is too much.

Completely agree! Not anyone to trust is there? Oh well. **** happens.
Just some bacon man
To be honest it is not only Muslims that buy Halal meat, there are non-Muslims in my area who buy it too. So, really it is not fair on anyone who refrains from pork. It should not be about religion, it should be about the food people eat and dont eat.

We are all different and therefore should not tolerate these things because it harms us individually.

It is like eating or drinking something you hate and then you find out that it is being mixed with the food/drinks you love. It is not dependent on the religion of the person, it is their personal preference.

For example, I love Kit Kat but hate caramel, if someone decided to put caramel in Kit Kat, I would be pissed off, right? Simple.
oh well no harm done lets not get overly fussed about a superstitious medieval nonsense that has no basis in the real world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending