Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    ​Need to finish this by Monday so has anyone got any ideas on colors for this piece???:confused:
    Name:  000_0001.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  514.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Hi! WOW your work is really good! I remember having to do something similar too, with the swirls. It reminds me a little of a matrix, so maybe you could choose a black and a green (black goes well with everything and usually makes the colours exciting) or you could go for something a little more passionate like red, yellow and black for instance, for contrast. You could try different themes such as fire, ice, earth summer... etc... It all depends on what you want to portray. Think about the mood you want to create in the piece and maybe think about how the colours are going to help you out. Red for love/anger, green for envy, blue for sadness... etc... I see dancers in yours so maybe you're going for something a little more romantic? So pink or red could be a good idea. You could also try something a little more contrasting like black and white. It looks a little colourless but the end result is quite classic. Hope this helps, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much! I'll try some of those out later I quite like the idea of red and pink.

ReputationRep:
    Anytime! Glad you got some inspiration, and the very best of luck to you for Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'll post an image when I've finished it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to seeing it!

ReputationRep:
    Also, you could first try a fail safe plan by scanning the picture into your computer, then experimenting with the colours in Microsoft paint (a drawing program that you usually find on most computers - although I'm not sure about macs). If you don't have a scanner, you could take a picture and upload it from your phone?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks thats a good idea I'll try scanning it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing! You are really talented! I hope you get the best score in class, and I wish you the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! It would probably still be black and white if you hadn't helped me!!

ReputationRep:
    Anytime! I'm glad to have been useful to you! In the future, remember to experiment with it on the computer, and thing will be a lot simpler, plus, you'll have a fail safe up your sleeve. Good luck in your course and I wish you the best! Keep up the amazing work!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much I managed to get a level 1 which is the highest! I've changed project now so I'm figuring out aboriginal art and story telling through symbols.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy for you! You got higher than me! Congratulations! At our school, it's a 3 year course... I was originally doing systems and control, then a year an a half later... my DT teacher retired. Oh dear... no one else taught the course so we got moved to graphics, but it was too late, I missed a year. However, Graphics is so much better than systems! Thank goodness we got moved. How long have you got left on your course? Good luck with your next project! Remember to keep scanning your work into the computer then playing with it until you're happy. Best wishes for your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! I technically started my art GCSE course last september so I'll finish it about 1 year from now but i've got A LOT of work to do between now an then!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, indeed it was a long course... but thankfully it's all done and dusted now. How are you finding it, are you having fun?

ReputationRep:
    It's not too bad but I do have a lot of projects I need to finish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.