The Student Room Group

Can someone help me plan my study time for june '13 exams?

Ok so I'm a fairly unorganised person and I always end up studying more for the subjects that I enjoy rather than the ones that I should, which is why I think a studying timetable would be beneficial to me so if someone could please help, I'd appreciate it.

Ok, I have 11 exams.

My six most important exams are; (for maths) - core 3 and core 4, (for physics) - unit 4 and 5, (for chem) - unit 4 and 5.

My second most important exams are; (for maths) - mechanics, (for physics) - unit 1, (for chem) - unit 1.

My least important exams are; (for maths) - core 1 and (for physics) - unit 2.

Here are my restrictions:
Monday:
0630 - 0730: gym (if need be, this can be removed)
0900 - 1100: physics lesson
1400 - 1530: maths lesson
1700 - 1800: private maths lesson

Tuesday:
1200 - 1300: physics lesson at school
1400 - 1600: chemistry lesson
1800 - 2000: rugby

Wednesday:
0630 - 0730: gym (if need be, this can be removed)
0900 - 1100: maths lesson
1100 - 1300: chemistry lesson
1400 - 1530: physics lesson
1800 - 1900: private physics lesson

Thursday:
0930 - 1030: private maths lesson
1800 - 2000: rugby

Friday:
1100 - 1300: maths lesson
1400 - 1530: chemistry lesson

Outside of these times I am prepared to work as hard as required and put in as many hours as it takes, if privileges such as rugby and gym have to be sacrificed so be it.

so if you were me, how would you organise your studying time?

Also, if this helps would you rearrange the order of exam priority or retake any other exams? given my UMS scores:

Maths:
C1: 76
C2: 80
S1: 77
M1: 69
Total: 302

I'm retaking C1, M1 and I've got C3 and C4 still to take so that gives me a possible 255 ums and I need a min of 178 ums to get the A.

Physics:
Unit 1: 88
Unit 2: 90
Unit 3: ~48 (recently re-sat)
Total: 226

I'm re-taking unit 1, 2, still got one more chance at unit 3 and I've got unit 4, 5 and 6 to come giving me a possible of 370 ums and I need a min of 214 ums to get the A.

Chem:
Unit 1: 80
Unit 2: 94
EMPA (AS): 38
Unit 4: 83
Total: 295

I'm re-taking unit 1, 4 and I've still got the A2 EMPA and unit 5 to come, giving me a possible of 257 UMS and I need a minimum of 223 UMS.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
please?
Reply 2
Okay listen. You have eleven exams. I want you to study 6 hours a day from Monday to Wednesday and 7 hours on Thursday and Friday and 12 hours a day on a weekend. That accumulates to 56 hours.

Dividing your time equally will give 5 hours per subject. I suggest you do 6 hours a week per exam from your priority list, 5 hours a week for your second priority exams and 2.5 hours a week for your third priority list.

For the third priority list do two past papers a week (try and cram in three)

Keep your rugby and gym sessions.

Construct a timetable using excel, I'll send you a template pm your email. Fill it in and send it back to me.
Reply 3
Original post by thelion0
Okay listen. You have eleven exams. I want you to study 6 hours a day from Monday to Wednesday and 7 hours on Thursday and Friday and 12 hours a day on a weekend. That accumulates to 56 hours.

Dividing your time equally will give 5 hours per subject. I suggest you do 6 hours a week per exam from your priority list, 5 hours a week for your second priority exams and 2.5 hours a week for your third priority list.

Construct a timetable using excel, I'll send you a template pm your email. Fill it in and send it back to me.

Thank you so much for the reply, the only problem is I don't have excel, I have a mac is there an equivalent that I can download?
Reply 4
12 hours a day studying?!!! thats mad
Original post by SDavis123
Thank you so much for the reply, the only problem is I don't have excel, I have a mac is there an equivalent that I can download?

Use the getrevising website, you can create a printable revision timetable on there
Reply 6
Also, you do realise there is microsoft excel for mac? just like there is on windows.
Reply 7
I've been trying to find a place to download excel and ended up wasting £15 on a stupid template, can someone link me a place for free, if not I'll do it on paper and send a photo
Reply 8

Ok, I hope you can understand this:
(Blue = lesson, grey =study period)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Jammy4410
12 hours a day studying?!!! thats mad

not really if you put breaks between
Original post by SDavis123
not really if you put breaks between

tbf by the looks of it you have a lot of work to do, but even still 12 hours is too much.
Reply 11
Original post by Jammy4410
tbf by the looks of it you have a lot of work to do, but even still 12 hours is too much.

It's ok I'm prepared to put in whatever it takes to get to Newcastle XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Pls could you send me a copy of this template timetable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
This is my timetable. Everyone feel free to use. Edit as you please.
Reply 14
This is my timetable. Everyone feel free to use. Edit as you please.

when I try to open it, it says file format is invalid :/ any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending